MiKeY

Raid & Precision Gaming Merge

51 posts in this topic

Hello Raid,

The big announcement
Raid Gaming and Precision Gaming will be merging into one community. Now now, please put your pitch forks down and listen to me before you kill me! Raid Gaming has had a great run, nobody is denying that but Raid is slowly diminishing in players and forum members. Our teamspeak is empty most of the time and our servers are too ( excluding Promod ). 
There is nothing I would like to do more than continue running Raid, but as I am doing everything myself; from running, maintaining, and fixing the Forums, Server, CoD Servers and CSGO Servers to maintaining, fixing and adding to our CoD Mods. The physical and mental effort and time it requires for me to maintain and uphold the servers and the community is so demanding that 70% of life is Raid, 10% of that is sleep, and the remaining is work... I'm not going to bore you with my life story and all the shit I do every day, but that is my reasoning in a nutshell for merging Raid with Precision Gaming.

It has been a good run and I want that to continue. Raid has been a big part of my life that I've put so much time into. I fully trust @nick and @Sharpienero to continue our Servers, our Community, and our Mods. 

It's not all Doom and Gloom
Although some people may think this is a bad thing but it's really not. Precision Gaming are bringing a lot to the table: An active community, active admins, a much better back end infrastructure, active mod maintainers, basically an active thriving community. My main goal here is to merge the two communities as smoothly as possible and have as little upset as I can possibly have. 
A lot of the loved Raid servers & Raid mods will be continuing over to Precision Gaming. Servers like our Promod 1 & 2 and our Fun server will be continuing. Our Deathrun is going to be scraped in preference for a custom ( ground up ) remake of Deathrun with lots of new features and more pretty things than ever. This is one of my pet projects and I hope you all love it. CoD Jumper will be given a custom mod with new pretty things along side Promod having some much needed updates.

Here's the plan!
Over the next month or so, myself, @nick and @Sharpienero will be hard at work on making the merge as a quick and smooth as possible. I will be focusing on the CoD servers and mods along side back-end and web development. @nick will be doing a lot of the new Server stuff and backend stuff. @Sharpienero will be handling the communities and helping me where/when he can. Our plan is to have redirect mods in place of our actual mods within 2 weeks once everything is ready. Once we have moved our players and Forum members over to the new servers and to Precision Gamings forums, we will be archiving the Raid forums; However, it will still be online and active ( hopefully ) for as long as we can see that it is still being used. When the forums eventually dies out I will move the forum into read-only mode and will act as an archive for anything Raid related. 

I have so many questions!!! what is life?
Calm down, calm down. Nothing is on fire... Hopefully. I've not checked in a while. For a few weeks nothing is going to change. Raid is still going to be Raid and the servers are still going to be up and here and more than alive. The forums is still going to be here in its half themed glory. The teamspeak is still going to be active and alive too. For now, nothing will change. 
I personally will be continually providing updates and status reports on where the progress for the merge is at. I will also be open to answering any questions that anyone has. I am an open book from here on out. I will be happy to address your concerns and hopefully not alienate my community in the mean time. The servers will also be displaying the date of when the redirects will be put into action. 

We would also like to hear any of your suggestions regarding changes to the servers, the forums, Precision Gaming. Anything really. Fire away. 

PS:
To all of our admins here at Raid. You will all be PM'd within the next few hours with some more information regarding you guys as well as having a topic made in the admin section of Raid ( #leakingadmininfo ). 
@MiKeY ( me ) will be becoming a co-owner at Precision Gaming. So unfortunately I will not be going far ( sorry ) 
Every is welcome to use this post as a question and answer topic where Myself, @nick and @Sharpienero will aim to answer as many as your questions as possible. 

Much Love,
Raid Gaming

what's a pxg?

there's nothing bad about this merge tbh :o

as long as i get a pretty website, a nice forum and a new deathrun mod with fun things to unlock (basically i don't want pxg mod), i'll be happy + i'm pretty sure you said that's what you're going to do so :17_heart_eyes::17_heart_eyes::18_kissing_heart:

p.s, does this mean u.s servers? 

edit- a couple suggestions

-calender/events page for events and competitions

-keep the !report system

-server page for more than just cod4 support, like revmods :P

-proper donate page with all listed features and simple instructions (also auto give donate on the server? or is that too hard)

dr mod:

-hats

-VIPs can switch team to activators once per map (multi acti fun :d) - only on old room only maps? define them in script maybe..

-viewmodel switcher (gotta have those mw2 suit hands)

-5-10 more interesting trails (not just blue/red etc)

-option to turn off music (or maybe change music?)

-weaponskin switcher 

-aviators on face for vips :>

-chicken pet needs to stay

-choice of knife/melee weapon as secondary

-VIPs can make themselves glow like a glowstick 3:

-have more maps in the rotation (keep current ones, just add more for more variety)

-in the menu, you could have a news box that displays news from the forums (or important notices and maybe events/competitions etc).

-also in the menu, 3d preview of player inmenu with the current selected weapon/hat/playermodel etc. braxi did this in his unfinished deathrun 1.3 mod.

-one more thing in the menu, it should have a detailed explanations of how/where to donate

-okay, one very last thing in the menu, links to the other servers.

promod:

-choice of knife for knife round (use a sword or a butterfly knife)

-viewmodel switcher

-weaponskin switcher

-VIPs can change the colour of their smoke grenade (is that possible?) 

-movie tweak menu (maybe similar to fun server)

52 minutes ago, jwofles said:

does this mean u.s servers? 

that would be fucking great

Let's hope this won't end up like the rV and 7sR merge. But seems to be a way more organized merge, we'll see.

Obviously this means US servers in a way.

The US servers pXg has will stay US, but the EU servers Raid has will stay EU if that makes any sense.

No, the servers will come under one unified name of Precision Gaming. We will be buying a dedicated server located in the EU (probably Western France) to better serve raid's existing community.

Ranks, admin power, etc, will be stored in a database and will sync across US and EU servers.

A month or two ago, I would've been completely against this merge, but honestly, after talking to pxg people on teamspeak for the past few weeks, I'm glad it's happening :D hope everything works out well for everyone!

ps: will mikey be making a sexy theme for pxg?

pps: I have VIP on raid. So, I'll have VIP on pxg EU? if so, will I also have it on pxg NA?

2 hours ago, Caspa said:

A month or two ago, I would've been completely against this merge, but honestly, after talking to pxg people on teamspeak for the past few weeks, I'm glad it's happening :D hope everything works out well for everyone!

ps: will mikey be making a sexy theme for pxg?

pps: I have VIP on raid. So, I'll have VIP on pxg EU? if so, will I also have it on pxg NA?

I am happy to hear that :) also yes you will. Also yes. 

6 hours ago, Thunder:) said:

umm, will be there sperated raid deathrun server? like now

There will be only Precision Gaming servers although there will be EU and US ones. Precision Gaming have the US ones and Raids ones will sort of be the EU ones although the servers are moving and the infrastructure is being completely rebuilt. The Deathrun mod will likely reside with who's ever DR mod works the best. Basically a fight between Raid and Precision Gamings Dr Mods but theres has lives so I doubt its going to be a long fight :). Although as soon as possible I will be working on a completely new ( ground up rebuild ) of the DR Mod. 

8 hours ago, Beatthat said:

Let's hope this won't end up like the rV and 7sR merge. But seems to be a way more organized merge, we'll see.

We have had months to plan this. If this was not organized then I would be ashamed of our selves. Everything has now been set into motion and we are all going to be hard at work to getting the new servers up and running and hopefully as smoothly as possible 

8 hours ago, siikdude said:

that would be fucking great

See above answer but basically yes. 

Honestly I think this is a good idea. We've all been watching the community become less and less active over the last year, it will be nice to see a change. Looking forward to the new deathrun mod! Any ideas as to when it will be implemented?

I would not like to officially get involved in the running on the community but I have some free time for the moment, I'm sure some of you know I have experience in Call of Duty 4 modding and managing communities so if there is anything I can do to ease the work load I'm more than willing. (Nothing too long term! I unfortunately am not able to make that kind of commitment)

Best of luck with the merge, I look forward to meeting all the new people from Precision Gaming!

48 minutes ago, qbika said:

i think its goood idea9_9

You should have a PM good sir.

1 hour ago, Sentrex said:

Honestly I think this is a good idea. We've all been watching the community become less and less active over the last year, it will be nice to see a change. Looking forward to the new deathrun mod! Any ideas as to when it will be implemented?

I would not like to officially get involved in the running on the community but I have some free time for the moment, I'm sure some of you know I have experience in Call of Duty 4 modding and managing communities so if there is anything I can do to ease the work load I'm more than willing. (Nothing too long term! I unfortunately am not able to make that kind of commitment)

Best of luck with the merge, I look forward to meeting all the new people from Precision Gaming!

We have seen the same thing and we just needed to do something. Also thank you for the offer I shall keep you in mind :)

As much as us and eu servers are cool I have a feeling it'll split the community, like it'll kinda suck if I wanna play with Americans on TS but I want good ping.

Maybe, as a compromise, you could add a togglable cross server chat like on the jumpers heaven servers.

24 minutes ago, jwofles said:

As much as us and eu servers are cool I have a feeling it'll split the community, like it'll kinda suck if I wanna play with Americans on TS but I want good ping.

Maybe, as a compromise, you could add a togglable cross server chat like on the jumpers heaven servers.

Not quite sure what your getting at. You know. If you want to play with US people on the UK servers then one of your will have bad ping. But the mods will be the same. For things like DR it won't matter as much as it would on PM. It might split the PM side of the community a little but only to the point of if you want good ping then you would go here. Remembering that the EU server will be in France so the only people this will affect is US people from pXg coming over to play on the EU servers. Oh and the Australians.

Cross server chat has been something @Sharpienero, @nick and myself have been wanting for a while now. It would be great. It's just finding the best way to do it and how to make it not insane. 

27 minutes ago, MiKeY said:

Not quite sure what your getting at. You know. If you want to play with US people on the UK servers then one of your will have bad ping. But the mods will be the same. For things like DR it won't matter as much as it would on PM. It might split the PM side of the community a little but only to the point of if you want good ping then you would go here. Remembering that the EU server will be in France so the only people this will affect is US people from pXg coming over to play on the EU servers. Oh and the Australians.

Cross server chat has been something @Sharpienero, @nick and myself have been wanting for a while now. It would be great. It's just finding the best way to do it and how to make it not insane. 

ask iznogod :P he did it for jumpers heaven I believe, and it's nice af

What about this Raid website? it will stop work and we all will move to pxg.me?

Just now, OwO said:

What about this Raid website? it will stop work and we all will move to pxg.me?

Raids website will carry on for a while but once the traffic starts to hit an all time low we will likely archive the forums ( turning it read only ) and use Precision Gamings forums 

Just now, MiKeY said:

Raids website will carry on for a while but once the traffic starts to hit an all time low we will likely archive the forums ( turning it read only ) and use Precision Gamings forums 

I have a little idea here, those who will agree to continue moderating in the future - maybe it is a good thing to put their reputation points from here to pxg website...? For example, I'll get these 97 points on my pxg account.

8 minutes ago, OwO said:

I have a little idea here, those who will agree to continue moderating in the future - maybe it is a good thing to put their reputation points from here to pxg website...? For example, I'll get these 97 points on my pxg account.

Pls, I don't want to lose my 782!

4 minutes ago, Sentrex said:

Pls, I don't want to lose my 782!

lol, you're retired admin, your points will stay there forever :D

Yea I like owos idea about the rep. Would be nice if it carried over since pxg is the same as raid now

3 minutes ago, siikdude said:

Yea I like owos idea about the rep. Would be nice if it carried over since pxg is the same as raid now

i meant only admins tho but if they want they can move everyone's rep

5 minutes ago, siikdude said:

Depending on how the nubzors discussion goes, may apply to only admins or etc. If it does get carried over for everyone, then I'd rather keep my lovely three rep I have there