Darmuh

Rekoil Mapping Contest - WIN A GAMING DESKTOP

6 posts in this topic

Want To Try Your Hand at Game Modding and Level Design?

505 Games and Plastic Piranha are pleased to announce our first map-making contest for our upcoming game, Rekoil. We give you the tools you need to make a map for FREE and see what you can create.

Oh, and did we mention that the maker of the winning map coming out of our Play&Vote weekend starting March 14th, 2014 wins…

An Alienware Aurora™ Gaming Desktop complete with a Dell UltraSharp Monitor, Alienware TactX™ Keyboard, TactX™ Mouse, and TactX™ Headset?!
DK0Naj5l.jpg

For Contest Details, Please Visit: http://www.505games.com/rekoil-map-making-mod-competition

Alienware, and the AlienHead logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Alienware Corporation. Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc.

PS: This topic is copied over from the Rekoil Forums. Click here to see it there.

!

I don't think there will be that much of a competition, so there are good chances of winning if someone makes a really good map, tell those mappers who recreated mw3 maps for cod4 with so much effort :P

I don't think I want another alienware tho, I already can't use this one to its full limits xD

Btw I think they could've spent money on advertising or other type of investment rather than this prize contest of making a map..

I don't think there will be that much of a competition' date=' so there are good chances of winning if someone makes a really good map, tell those mappers who recreated mw3 maps for cod4 with so much effort :P

I don't think I want another alienware tho, I already can't use this one to its full limits xD

Btw I think they could've spent money on advertising or other type of investment rather than this prize contest of making a map..

[/quote']

Well this game was designed around modding/mapping so it's only fitting they hold a contest for it. They know that advertising will only do so much when there are plenty of other fps games already out made by triple A devs. So, as I would do, they are reaching out to the modding community. Since there are vast amounts of communities per game it won't be hard to get a decent amount of modders interested. This contest, no matter who wins, will help the game grow as this will basically result in Day One Free DLC. And if any of these maps turn out to be amazing, the game just has more content than it did before increasing it's value. CoD4 would be dead today if it weren't for modding.

Anyway, I do think there will be quite a lot of competition from people of all sorts of backgrounds. Overall I'm excited and think this will be fun. It's a win-win since the game will have new maps at release ^.^

Hah, nice. I should try this out to learn some mapping skills, as I've always wanted to try mapping. Even if I don't get anything (Slim chance of winning), I think I'd get some skills out of it.

Also, the winners are announced on my birthday :awesome: