Michael

New Ideas!

28 posts in this topic

WANT TO MAKE NEW MAPS/PLUGINS, BUT HAVE NO IDEAS? THIS IS THE PLACE :D

This Topic thrives off of the communities ideas too. SO POST EM!

Map Ideas:

1) A more activator based map. For example, the activator has to activate at least 1 trap, or there is a consequence.

Another Example, activator must activate to advance to endrooms. (Dragonball style, but different)

2) Jumpers activate traps too? IDEA! When the jumper advances ahead of others, he can set

mini traps off(nothing HUGE) while the activator does too. So it is like FFA deathrun, every man for himself :D

3) Give me more!

Plugin Ideas:

1) A plugin which gives different XP amounts by the weapon you use. Ex: 150xp for sniper 80xp for knife(JUST EXAMPLE)

2) Script fixer. Nub scripter named Michael? No issue, script fixer can find your mistakes and give you many possible answers(LIKE SPELL CHECK STYLE)

3) Give me more!

Mod Ideas:

1) Halo mod :D! Halo weapons, increased jump, remake the maps. WHY NOT? xD

2) Trickshot mod/maps. This isn't my style but someone else may like it. So, you make a mod with all snipers,

add some weapons for trickshotting. Take off fall dmg. Make maps with teleport triggers on the floor which teleports you to a position where

you must remain still(or moving like a treadmill), high buildings, many trickshot possibilities(ladders, etc), and more.

3) More ideas please!

Tutorial ideas:

1) adding weapons from other games into a mod server.

2) Making a mod(Not the scripting part, but the programs needed)

Thanks for reading bros! I wanted to make this for not only me, but for my fellow noobs or amazing mappers/scripters for challenges and to give them practice. Please note that I am NOT(BY FAR) a knowledgeable scripter or anything in this sense. Hopefully you all benefit from this topic, thanks!

Message to admins/mods:

If this spot is wrong, then move it please <3 thanks! And i will most likely edit this post often for informational purposes.

<3

EDITS:

1) Changed color of tutorials section 5/9/14

Your ideas are awesome, one thing i have no clue what the hell tutorials says. change color pls.

Your ideas are awesome, one thing i have no clue what the hell tutorials says. change color pls.

5f379ec062b99256525bad19952fd133.png

The thing with a halo mod is, all the custom gametypes and maps from forge were what made the game so fun, on top of the epic multiplayer. Custom mods were epic, custom infection maps, stuff like that. I bet a Grifball mod would be epic....

I have a map idea but I want to keep it :<

Nice thread though!

I have a map idea but I want to keep it :<

Nice thread though!

Shuttup you fat bitch and finish this map you slut

Love, Headdy.

the halo mod is achievable easily, for vehicles to operate the same would be a challenge. Guns, models, maps and gametypes just requires time.. Though idk how some weapon would work... to get the weapons to be similar to halo would be a long process of experimenting, but saying that you've gave me an idea ^^s

Map Ideas:

1) A more activator based map. For example, the activator has to activate at least 1 trap, or there is a consequence.

Another Example, activator must activate to advance to endrooms. (Dragonball style, but different)

I have an idea, but its probably in the mod side, not in map, dunno.

So, what if the activator activates every trap before the first jumper reaches the trap, then minigames are open, if not its only old.

I know there are some maps where there is not old, but after this, probably no more free runs, and no more cry about activation.

I have an idea, but its probably in the mod side, not in map, dunno.

So, what if the activator activates every trap before the first jumper reaches the trap, then minigames are open, if not its only old.

I know there are some maps where there is not old, but after this, probably no more free runs, and no more cry about activation.

Pretty sure this would have to be done by the mapper as there would need to be a trigger where the jumper passes the trap. It would be very easily done this way but unfortunately I don't think it's possible in a plugin :/

Pretty sure this would have to be done by the mapper as there would need to be a trigger where the jumper passes the trap. It would be very easily done this way but unfortunately I don't think it's possible in a plugin :/

maybe spawn a trigger with script or just check if the player has passed a certain point  :rolleyes:

maybe spawn a trigger with script or just check if the player has passed a certain point  :rolleyes:

Yeah, thought that would be possible but it would be an incredibly long process as it would be need to be unique for each map 

Yeah, thought that would be possible but it would be an incredibly long process as it would be need to be unique for each map 

WELL IT WASN'T MY IDEA :ANGRYARNOLD:

Thanks very much, want to add more. If only i knew scripting/mapping. But, eh, others can do that xD

For a halo mod wouldn't it be hard to make the melee animation?

For a halo mod wouldn't it be hard to make the EVERYTHING animation?

FTFY

For a halo mod wouldn't it be hard to make the EVERYTHING animation?

FTFY

Seriously.

Big ideas are great, but you need 10 times the effort to even start these ideas.

Seriously.

Big ideas are great, but you need 10 times the effort to even start these ideas.

*cough* Darmuh has 10 times the effort :D

MAKE IT

Arnold mod where you kill others by posing and shouting :angryarnold:ARGH!

arnold-epic-face-o.gifarnold-1975-mr-olympiofokf.gif

Free-for-all of course :dumb:

the halo mod is achievable easily, for vehicles to operate the same would be a challenge. Guns, models, maps and gametypes just requires time.. Though idk how some weapon would work... to get the weapons to be similar to halo would be a long process of experimenting, but saying that you've gave me an idea ^^s

Why don't you just play halo? :udontsay:

I have it in my steam equipment, wanna buy?

Why don't you just play halo? :udontsay:

I have it in my steam equipment, wanna buy?

Not a pc game... correct?

Isnt the 1st halo only available?

Not a pc game... correct?

Isnt the 1st halo only available?

halo 2 is also a pc game but it's as bad a port as cod ghosts.

maybe worse

I have 2 ideas that i cba to do my self but someone else might like them:

1) In the map apocalypse there is the music menu but the activator has it and instead of music it activates traps, meaning the activator doesn't have to run from point to point to acti (might be useful on a small fast map).

2) The activator gets some reward, other then xp for activating traps, maybe a speed boost or a health buff.

1) In the map apocalypse there is the music menu but the activator has it and instead of music it activates traps, meaning the activator doesn't have to run from point to point to acti (might be useful on a small fast map).

And how would the acti be able to see when he should be activating the trap?

Can't edit the menu anyway, only the text.

I have 2 ideas that i cba to do my self but someone else might like them:

2) The activator gets some reward, other then xp for activating traps, maybe a speed boost or a health buff.

AoD'Daze was once gonna do this for one of his maps (Similar to highrise) but AoD died and he lost motivation.

I think he was gonna get Kaje11 to do the acti menu for him :v

You can still contact him on steam