Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cat

Dream Builds!

10 posts in this topic

Well guys, I was just screwing around on pcpartpicker and wanted to build a dream build, and the cost didn't matter. So basically, my build comes out to $12,500. But, my motherboard is also dual-CPU and pcpartpicker doesn't allow you to buy 2 CPU's on it's website, so I'd have to add another $2,000 to that original number to get my subtotal of $14,500. Then I'd have to pay taxes and shipping...but who cares. Dual Intel XEON 8-core CPU's with hyperthreading, for a total of 16 virtual and 16 physical cores, for a total of 32 cores. I'd also have 64GB of DDR3 2133 RAM, a 300GB SSD + 3TB HDD. I didn't bother with a RAID setup, because frankly I don't know anything about them, and all my PCI slots were full, so no raid controllers. :P I would have a 4-way SLI GTX Titan Black, each with 6GB of VRAM, for a total of 24GB of VRAM, not to mention the sheer power of 4 GTX Titan Blacks. My motherboard would be dual CPU running off of the Intel C602 chipset. Also included is a 1600W Rosewill semi-modular PSU, 80+ silver certified for that power efficiency, 3 28" Samsung 60Hz monitors @ 3840x2160 resolution with 1ms response time, an Asus Xonar Essence 24-bit Sound card which can handle sound frequencies up to 192 KHz. Also included is an Asus wifi adapter, 8, yes EIGHT Corsair PURPLE LED 120mm fans. A touch-screen NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller, and a Razer Deathstalker Ultimate keyboard. I already have a mouse, keyboard, and a headset...so I don't need those. :P  Also, my case is a Cooler Master Cosmos II ATX Full Tower case.  My total is around $14,500 and good lord if only I had Google Fiber internet speed to go with it. Now, post your builds here!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3JIkr

I would have a 4-way SLI GTX Titan Black, each with 6GB of VRAM, for a total of 24GB of VRAM

I would have a 4-way SLI GTX Titan Black, each with 6GB of VRAM, for a total of 6GB of VRAM* :dumb:

I would have a 4-way SLI GTX Titan Black, each with 6GB of VRAM, for a total of 6GB of VRAM* :dumb:

No I think Cat is correct.

On topic:

Nice thread idea, you can definitely just buy the best parts in the world to make the best build, but I think it's more cool to have a sexy looking computer system :P

This video has some really good ones

Desktops: 0:35

Laptops: 1:10:37

Unique setups: 1:53:21

Pixel lovers: 2:28:23

MKBHD mini setup: 2:46:43

No I think Cat is correct.

Nope. In SLI, the data stored in VRAM is mirrored between the GPUs thus it doesn't stack.

Nope. In SLI, the data stored in VRAM is mirrored between the GPUs thus it doesn't stack.

Therefore the user is still stuck with 6GB VRAM? Is it just that the clock speeds, cache and other processing stuff stacks up?

not a dream build more like dream setup :)

the racing simulator aswell <3

the sound system

Sound cards have been proven false too :P but if money didn't matter, why not waste it?