Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xenon

Some Deathrun Map Idea's By Xenon

56 posts in this topic

Okay , so first I would like to start with , i stopped mapping for like 3 - 4 months because i was bored of like 0 maps coming out which had any true playability, I think this is purely down to no one has any good ideas for deathrun maps any more ...... SO I'm here to put a few out there and see what the response is ( YES, i know most people aren't gods at mapping ) but with enough patience anyone could pull off some of the ideas i have :D

------ NUMBER 1 ------

My First idea is a Steam punk themed map , lots of copper pipes and brass pipes with steam coming out , gears and cogs all over the place, just think rusty metal , lots of smoke , old kinda style ( like the movie Wild Wild West with will smith !! )

http://imgur.com/a/0rNv0

Here's a few little picture's so you get my idea .

------ NUMBER 2 ------

So , i've wanted to make this next map theme since I've started mapping really , it's a theme in a children bedroom where all the runners are very small ( like one of them rat maps ) and you are running a course on the bedroom floor , with a huge bed and tv , cupboards etc all around the bedroom , making you feel small , a window with a tree out side .

The Jumpers would have to run over toys and various over objects , falling books as traps , chewing gum on the floor that makes you get stuck ?? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgLvv4OY-sU 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75LVyg93bU

here's a few quick clips of CS rat maps to show you what i mean , and also a trials video which could give some ideas 

make a map of xenon. with lots of places with poo coming out.

make a map of xenon. with lots of places with poo coming out.

this works D:

My first idea is a xenon themed map , lots of places with poo coming out , gays and cocks all over the place, just think of xenon , lots of poo , futuristic kinda style ( like the movie Men in Black with will smith !! )

http://imgur.com/6jBWIMT

had to go poo before finishing my post, but you already quoted it so made another

If anyone has played the game Metro 2033, i had the idea you are running up the tower, like in the last mission, and the activator (who would be the demons) is trying to stop you

Tower01.jpg.5000x600_q90.jpg

Tower_Screen04.jpg.5000x600_q90.jpg

If anyone has played the game Metro 2033, i had the idea you are running up the tower, like in the last mission, and the activator (who would be the demons) is trying to stop you

Tower01.jpg.5000x600_q90.jpg

Tower_Screen04.jpg.5000x600_q90.jpg

yeah thats a cool idea ! make it :D

yeah but i mean like all custom textures , and bright colourfull blocks and counting blocks etc :D would look sick 

I had an idea to make a map on a ship that is sinking, so not only do the players need to worry about traps, they also might drown. This would be quite good as even if the activator decided not to activate anything it would still be fun for the jumpers! Anyone feel free to do this as I'm not good enough at mapping to do it myself :dumb: might give it a go at some point though :)

I guess NinJa was working with someone (?) on a map with a ship that was sinking and there were sharks and shit. It looked really sick.

They sound good

Maybe work on making a circus map next? :>

I like the room idea! That would be fun, something different at least!  :D

yeah but i mean like all custom textures , and bright colourfull blocks and counting blocks etc :D would look sick 

maybe headdy could help me after we finish something else?

:dave:

maybe headdy could help me after we finish something else?

:dave:

No you fat bitch

Maybe, when I'm done with rehab. Maybe.

(Still need to finish another map, oops)

Dermuh,Gave the idea of a scary map which I will try to make, with jump scares at random times ect grey/blue fog set in a graveyard if you know what I mean for Halloween (5 months away :dave:

Pls no one take this idea, I really want to see what I can do 

Dermuh,Gave the idea of a scary map which I will try to make, with jump scares at random times ect grey/blue fog set in a graveyard if you know what I mean for Halloween (5 months away :dave:

Pls no one take this idea, I really want to see what I can do 

Yup, nobody is going to take the amazing idea of having pathetic jumpscares and ugly fog in their map :ph34r:

Yup, nobody is going to take the amazing idea of having pathetic jumpscares and ugly fog in their map :ph34r:

Shame I've used my downvote for today..

K I wrote a huge ass paragraph on jumpscares but I lost it. Haha... .-.

Basically jumpscares are lazy, use clever sound design, good fog, I take back what I said earlier and lighting where certain areas are pitch black and lightning or lanterns to guide you. Jumpscares are horrible and are not scary, they take away from an atmosphere. Instead of having a screaming child in the same fucking spot blowing your ears out every time you play the map, have it so you can hear a crying girl in ine section of the graveyard. Why use jumpscares? They show just how idiotic and foolish you are.

P.s don't down vote the truth :dave:

K I wrote a huge ass paragraph on jumpscares but I lost it. Haha... .-.

Basically jumpscares are lazy, use clever sound design, good fog, I take back what I said earlier and lighting where certain areas are pitch black and lightning or lanterns to guide you. Jumpscares are horrible and are not scary, they take away from an atmosphere. Instead of having a screaming child in the same fucking spot blowing your ears out every time you play the map, have it so you can hear a crying girl in ine section of the graveyard. Why use jumpscares? They show just how idiotic and foolish you are.

P.s don't down vote the truth :dave:

I sort of agree with you, about the fog and design completely. Yet a well made jumpscare can be effective too

It's not like a SCREAM it's just a very low sound with an images I will hope that the activator will have a mike Myers model that I can get somehow and have a trap where the jumpers get locked in a room for 20 seconds and mike chases them with an axe or w/e while the mile Myers music plays.

It's not like a SCREAM it's just a very low sound with an images I will hope that the activator will have a mike Myers model that I can get somehow and have a trap where the jumpers get locked in a room for 20 seconds and mike chases them with an axe or w/e while the mile Myers music plays.

everytime the activator melees it plays the psycho sound xD