Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bumba

mp_deathrun_scoria

62 posts in this topic

If you guys really want some random out-of-map-theme music in maps, do it in a civilized way like this or stfu, I don't allways want to listen some pop/dubstep shit or summer hits in a map ó.ó

http://social.xfire.com/videos/6168ac

mute yar sounds or just dont play the map :Angryarnold: if ya still not happy, there is nothing you can do :sponge:

The amount of kids that complained about my map because I added a 'spooky ambiance' as opposed to some shitty dubstep/dnb is ridiculous 

mute yar sounds or just dont play the map :angryarnold: if ya still not happy, there is nothing you can do  :sponge:

i did - stopped playing cod4 :dave:

map looks good, braxi looks poo :sponge:

map is bad, you have no official DR updates :sponge:

map is bad, you have no official DR updates :sponge:

i dont play deathrun? :sponge: and you stopped updating it after 1.2 :dumb: lossy > you

or make a better map with no music in it :troll:

I did, they had no music, never released these maps, sad your post has two downvotes :dave:

If those people in DR community (not all, but most) were to decide what makes maps better they would say it's "music" instead of design and quality and if you don't believe, you should just think back and see how many shit maps with floating brushes and ugly textures and design were getting good reviews just for their music. Sorry, DR has gone even worse than when I left, cba to discuss this any more.

What can I say about newer maps? "Add secrets", "XP ROOM PLZ", "NO TRAPS PLZ MAKE LONG MAP WITH VERY LITTLE TRAPS", "FLOATING BRUSHES 4TEHWINNAR", "MAP HAS NO SNIPER ROOM? IT IZ SHIZ", "MANY BOUNCES", "ADD SUMMER HITS AND JUNKBOXES!", "DEATHRUN? IT'S LIKE COD JUMPER BUT ONE HAS TO WAIT TO GET KILLED?", "1V1 PLZ BUT DON'T KNIFE", "I MADE THE MAP SO I CAN GIVE MYSELF XP XDDD"

Go compare classic maps like watchit, long, takecare, dungeon, portal, grassy, glass and ruin to these "awesome" maps which are released nowadays, you'll realize that all those fucking new maps instead of improving are getting worse and worse. You would really notice how bad the DR community has become.

You will of course downvote this post too, but I care as much as I now care about dr :dave:

There was a kid on Raid saying why do raid still have old maps, then I said because old maps are better than some of the new crap today. he says Old maps = shit. You have no idea how much I was going to rant back to him... He was from pXg, so I can see why he thought that, an abusive server that only plays new maps with shitty bounces and secrets... 

I think you should judge a map on how fun it is, I don't really care how detailed it is as long as i enjoy playing it.

But playing a ugly ass map makes me not want to play, like i said before, we all enjoyed playing the stock maps, yes? Would you enjoy them still if you removed the detail of the maps and you could clearly see that you're on floating platforms etc... like you do see in deathrun?

If a map plays the same WITH all the brushes floating, i couldn't give two shits if it was floating or not if it played the same. 

If a map plays the same WITH all the brushes floating, i couldn't give two shits if it was floating or not if it played the same. 

So you wouldn't mind playing stock maps if they were all one texture and nothing could actually work in real life? As long as the brushes and models are in the same place?

omg guise lookz at mai sexi shipment remake, it only tookz me 5 minuts but who cares?

14a4d0f11f0a81981d685a01fa1d8830.png

nah but on a serious note, i agree with you lossy, ugly looking maps = shit to me. I don't get how people like it.

I really think we should go back onTopic though, almost forgot what thread this is lol.

and ZERO floating brushes were used in long, watchit and glass :sponge:

I did, they had no music, never released these maps, sad your post has two downvotes :dave:

If those people in DR community (not all, but most) were to decide what makes maps better they would say it's "music" instead of design and quality and if you don't believe, you should just think back and see how many shit maps with floating brushes and ugly textures and design were getting good reviews just for their music. Sorry, DR has gone even worse than when I left, cba to discuss this any more.

What can I say about newer maps? "Add secrets", "XP ROOM PLZ", "NO TRAPS PLZ MAKE LONG MAP WITH VERY LITTLE TRAPS", "FLOATING BRUSHES 4TEHWINNAR", "MAP HAS NO SNIPER ROOM? IT IZ SHIZ", "MANY BOUNCES", "ADD SUMMER HITS AND JUNKBOXES!", "DEATHRUN? IT'S LIKE COD JUMPER BUT ONE HAS TO WAIT TO GET KILLED?", "1V1 PLZ BUT DON'T KNIFE", "I MADE THE MAP SO I CAN GIVE MYSELF XP XDDD"

Go compare classic maps like watchit, long, takecare, dungeon, portal, grassy, glass and ruin to these "awesome" maps which are released nowadays, you'll realize that all those fucking new maps instead of improving are getting worse and worse. You would really notice how bad the DR community has become.

You will of course downvote this post too, but I care as much as I now care about dr :dave:

Well, that's one misguided way to look at it

Believe it or not, but some of the maps released recently have actually been good

They've had good designs along with details

Take Destiny, Wipeout 2, Slay, Waterworld, etc... for example

Have the effort and quality of maps decreases? Of course for some

But assuming that all new maps that are released are horrid is a bit silly

Also, there's nothing wrong with improving and or adding stuff to freshen up what some May view as repetitive

While I do agree XP rooms and CJ secrets that let you pass the whole map are awful, some things can be good

People may not like the music playing, give them the choice to choose (Jukebox)

Also, there's nothing wrong if a map has a bounce or so... As long as it's not a way to evade traps or makes a certain part more easy, should be fine if it happens to be in there

There are some actual secrets as well that add and contribute to the map and not half bad

Anyways, the death run community has been improving

You may not see it, but I do... Perhaps it has been slowly, but sure as h*** better than no progress

I remember when there was a time AR51's deathrun was nothing but would you have stated

Although it took two years, people have actually started to play the mod correctly (Credit to few good admins and members over there, Cuba ;) )

Keep seeing the community as kids that don't play it correctly or just whine, but gradually progress has been made

So you wouldn't mind playing stock maps if they were all one texture and nothing could actually work in real life? As long as the brushes and models are in the same place?

I wouldn't care because I don't play stock maps :dumb: 

I wouldn't care because I don't play stock maps :dumb:

>Avoiding the question because you know you're wrong

We definetly need a new topic for Deathrun map talk, Instead of using bumba's new map

'Jus sayin'

#BringBackSkypillar phrase-Copy-Copy.gif #BringBackSkypillar 

>Avoiding the question because you know you're wrong

I'm not avoiding, I said, I don't play stock maps, wheather they were floating or not, if they played the same they it's fine. map looks mean nothing to me, this is new deathrun, can't keep living in the past, if all maps were oldschool style it would be boring as fuck, old deathrun mapswere about 20-30 seconds long with only old. if that was deathrun now you'd have so many kids crying it would be unreal. a mixed variety of maps is best. apart from the ones where they have secrets to skip all the fucking maps... 

I agree with anti.

Judge a map on it's content not by it's release date.

well it wouldn't be played the same, why? because there would be no grass models/trees to hide and wait for player to plant bomb, you'll see players clear as day because there no cover/detail to hide the player and so fourth.