Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anti

Secrets ;)

22 posts in this topic

Well, since there's been a bit of discussion regarding secrets and how and or what should be done with them, might as well talk regarding the matter in a thread rather than the shout box

Can be for maps on rotation, or maps you would like to see in rotation but have their secret nerfed

Anyways, suppose I should start off...

1.) Diehards secret shouldn't be at spawn since not only does it waste more time, but also is a bit pointless. Might as well not have the secret. My suggestion is either have it back where you have to enter the secret or past the trap where the secret is located at. Since players usually keep going in the secret or fail in it, perhaps Beat's 15 tries (or less) should be added.

2.) Skydeath's secret is horridly over-powered... Any player that is able to get a solid 250 in theory should be able to complete the secret. Not only is it at the start of the course, but it also allows players to completely skip the whole map. My suggestion regarding this is either back at spawn or (better yet) at where you get teleported to the section with the rotating circle platforms and the moving damage barrier. Also, like Indian has stated, should have only a few tries in the secret

Lack of double space is killing me...

Anyways, let's hear those suggestions/ideas ;)

Loving that double spacing, I shall follow in your footsteps!

As for Diehard I think it would just be best to take it out completely, was silly as it was before because people would have competitions as to how many times they could go in the secret in one round; a massive waste of time.

Skydeath should have a fairly low limit as to how many times you can attempt it in my opinion, from experience I've seen that most people that can, in fact, do the secret are able to do it extremely quickly with < 5 tries. I'm not sure if it's possible but I think it would be best to keep the secret there just make it teleport you half way into the map. Perhaps just after the staircase where you shoot the targets?

I can't think of any secrets that desperately need to be nerfed off the top of my head but I'm sure some will come to me later on so I'll update this post!

Please do say so if you disagree as I'm open to hear other's opinions :)

Keep all secret, but all of them should be 1 try, get it right or die.

definitely not ones that allows you to finish the map, what's the point of having a deathrun map if you don't need to play the game mode properly to finish the map? :dave:

definitely not ones that allows you to finish the map, what's the point of having a deathrun map if you don't need to play the game mode properly to finish the map? :dave:

Fair enough, but i think the others should be left alone

Fair enough, but i think the others should be left alone

If i'm honest, i'm only doing maps that allow you to gain ahead of the activator to the point that the activator have to skip loads of traps just to try and stop one person.

delete them, pointless. Not so much of a secret if everybody does it. Anyway you're bypassing traps which i believe you shouldn't be able to do unless it's skipping 1-2 or so then i'm not bothered. What's the point in deathrun when you have the opportunity to get straight to the end of the map with abit of codjumper experience, afterall it's deathrun not cj. 

Shouldn't even be called secrets. I think secrets should be things like out of grassy i think it is where 'sittin on the toilet' and stuff. 

I think bricky's secret should be re enabled yet the teleport point shouldn't be at the end of the map since it skips all the traps and makes it too easy. where it would be better to teleport is by flat Spinning platform trap towards the end would be an okay spot to put the end teleport and mabye add fall damage cause theirs noobs out there who keep going in the secret and fails and it takes up the whole game in my opinion

I think bricky's secret should be re enabled yet the teleport point shouldn't be at the end of the map since it skips all the traps and makes it too easy. where it would be better to teleport is by flat Spinning platform trap towards the end would be an okay spot to put the end teleport and mabye add fall damage cause theirs noobs out there who keep going in the secret and fails and it takes up the whole game in my opinion

Hmm, still a bit too far into the map

I would say that past the revolving cylinders on the platform before the bounce to the ladder would be much better

Good suggestion ;)

Regarding diehard, I have no idea why that one was changed in the first place when there are secrets on skydeath and qube that you get to from spawn and skip everything that were not touched.  Half of the fun of that map is the secret in my opinion and it only makes people waste time every round by having to essentially complete the map twice.  It seems like the only issue with people is where the secrets spawn you afterwards and that can easily be solved by changing that to a reasonable location.  Adding the respawn limit would be a good idea as well. 

I would say, keep the long secrets (like the diehard one) but remove the teleport thingy (when u fall down and respawn back), and replace it with death for something which kills the player ;)

1 try secrets no exceptions that's what I think would be good.

How about no secrets at all?

The ones where you don't die are used by awful players who can't complete them or great players who beats the map in five seconds because of secrets. Qube's secret pisses me off so much. I never have enough time to activate since somebody always beats the map in under a minute. The one try thing could be good but it doesn't stop a secret from being over powered. Also, if you just make it so it TPs you to the start so you can't skip the map, there's no point in doing that since people just waste time spending while rounds failing at strafing.

Holy shit! Anti's first thread without double spacing  :o The day he makes a spelling mistake doesn't exist though  <_<

This isn't exactly a secret but more of a map suggestion, would be possible to re add Tron? I loved that map, and the secret doesn't take you far in and kills you after 15 attempts, I really miss the map 

And skypillar, but just take the secret out completely.. 

I suggest that maybe take out gold's secret? Its OP. People finish the map in 2 seconds even tho its a short map.

I suggest that maybe take out gold's secret? Its OP. People finish the map in 2 seconds even tho its a short map.

It's already been nerfed, you die if you fall and it tp's you back to spawn if you finish. 

Secrets should be like the one's in Grassy imo

dude there are so many I still don't know on that map :(

That's why I f*cking love it.

I agree with no secrets at all, not even cj secrets. But if you wanna make a secret on your map, make it so hard that players consider going in secret or not, like the secret in sonic. Very hard with multiple fps switching, which needs hard skills.

Imo the secrets in Grassy was funny for the first time, but its boring now, even the one with the dick.

I agree with no secrets at all, not even cj secrets. But if you wanna make a secret on your map, make it so hard that players consider going in secret or not, like the secret in sonic. Very hard with multiple fps switching, which needs hard skills.

Imo the secrets in Grassy was funny for the first time, but its boring now, even the one with the dick.

The sonic secret really isn't that hard tbh, it's just 321 321, but's its also knowing the techs.

Secrets should be more like EASTER EGGS. This is why Grassy is a perfect example. They're cool, little things. You don't' skip the map, you don't get a new weapon, you don't get anything, except for a room full of toilets and the sittin on the toilet song.