Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Headdy

A special message to users from the old Raid-Forums

6 posts in this topic

Okay, I just change it to a tl;dr (to prevent drama and shit)

People got access to Raid's dedicated server (on 8december 2013 and created a copy of the database (forum only))

Passwords are stolen and password+salts are decrypted, so 65 passwords (of all 265) are cracked.

Feel free to ask if your password has been cracked. (Contact me, PM, Xfire, Steam. or email)

Awkward moment when i knew what was actually happening, how they got in and who did it(cuz logs ftw). 

Lets just say there a difference between hacking and actually knowing the login details to the database =)

Awkward moment when i knew what was actually happening, how they got in and who did it(cuz logs ftw). 

Lets just say there a difference between hacking and actually knowing the login details to the database =)

Yeah, I know. I just thought saying hacking would be more handy. 

It still counts as hacking, or not? :<

Changed it :P

(changed it again, I guess it's okay now, I do not want to cause big drama and shit, I saved old post)

In my books, i wouldn't count it as 'hacking' if you never really did anything.

But yeah, me, darmuh & thomas knew what happened and who did it because of logs as they didn't have the password to anything else just the database which was thomas fault. But i guess he/they thought it would bring us down for good but just made us stronger and make us think of better ways to do things so i'd like to thank him for that ;)

and how do we know where they got the password from? well there wasn't any sign of brute forcing or anything and the fact that the person who logged in and deleted everything was some one we trusted when we first started raid but he was causing problems on the dedi than solving, so I myself & braxi removed his powers and then braxi fixed everything.

But the downtime on forums was going to happen sooner or later because i didn't want to be on myBB as it was breaking more of our things every time itself needed a updated and we updated and was just a pain in the ass to navigate. And i was searching for ways to get IPB without paying a stupid price but luckily NNJ helped me :P and everything else like b3 was re-stored back to normal ASAP but was never turned on until we got the forums done and i was hoping to get the DR mod done as well so when we brought forums/b3 back online there would be a nice update to the DR server as well :D but it came a month late :(

The reason why i never said it was hacked and acted like we broke the database? well there wasn't really anything on the database anyway, so not like they can do anything with it or so and I couldn't be ass with the drama but this will probably cause some now.

Okay, thanks for telling Lossy. 

I actually forgot a lot, including that. (Fuck me)

Then, this can be locked. 

(NNJ is hero)

No problem, i found the experience cool and always wonder what it's like to be a victim, just remember if some one does something bad, it's not always a good idea to name & shame them!

But thanks for bring this up because of your concerns.