Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Purity

Raid Community Youtube channel?

20 posts in this topic

As i wish to be part of this family im trying to prove myself not just in activity, loyalty and skill but also as a purpose, "what can i add to this community"

well, i thought of this

Raid Youtube channel- this is our community channel which only few (including myself, leaders, management etc) have the password too, i would happily create the channel, spread the word, make an intro for the clan and a background icon etc (basic designs of a channel) 

E.g. cod jumper montages created, community edits and clips etc 

The channel would feature any edits / footage / clips / updates of our community

it will give us something to do, promote the Raid community and look nice.

Suggestions?

Do you think this is a good idea? i think it would be a nice little project for us to do 

NOTE: sorry if there already is a channel and i didnt know xD

-Purity

I think it's a great idea, more ways for everyone to promote raid all on one channel, with multiple things to do with Raid :D 

I like the idea of it as long as there are enough people to contribute and keep it going, would help attract lots of players as I'm pretty sure around 80% of people find server's through YouTube.

However, one thing:

which only few (including myself, leaders, management etc) have the password too

I don't think that's for you to decide.

I could do some speedruns and crap on there, overall I think it's a descent idea, but what sentrex said, we need enough people to support it, i'll help to contribute ^^ ;)

I like the idea of it as long as there are enough people to contribute and keep it going, would help attract lots of players as I'm pretty sure around 80% of people find server's through YouTube.

However, one thing:

I don't think that's for you to decide.

id be the one setting up the channel, my idea etc, i think it would be right if i had permission to access  uploads etc and edit information?

my own channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/featsaso

so i know what im doing :D ( i also did styxgaming's youtube )

id be the one setting up the channel, my idea etc, i think it would be right if i had permission to access  uploads etc and edit information?

my own channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/featsaso

so i know what im doing :D ( i also did styxgaming's youtube )

Nothing personal to you, but, Raid may decide they want their own channel set up by themselves. I'm not saying that you'd do a bad job of it, but there are many capable youtubers in this community.

It's like me saying 'We should have a promod server but I need to be a community manager and have rcon cause I thought of it'. It doesn't work that way. 

Lossy/Darmuh/Thomas may decide they want you to be 'in charge' of the channel but you can't go assuming that you already are, they would need to make the decision.

Nothing personal to you, but, Raid may decide they want their own channel set up by themselves. I'm not saying that you'd do a bad job of it, but there are many capable youtubers in this community.

It's like me saying 'We should have a promod server but I need to be a community manager and have rcon cause I thought of it'. It doesn't work that way. 

Lossy/Darmuh/Thomas may decide they want you to be 'in charge' of the channel but you can't go assuming that you already are, they would need to make the decision.

i understand and respect that!

let them decide if its a good idea and how we create the channel :) just an idea i had and if they agree to set up one it would be nice to be noticed :<

I'd be down for editing stuff on that, only if people wanted me to though  :cry:

Your Promod Skills are amazing, much respect.

Basically most of them are friends or old clan members, my edits etc

Theres only 4-5 videos that are actually me playing under different names :) ty for watching channel tho!

Wouldn't it be a bit of a hassle to manage so many youtube channels?

One youtube channel where a select few have accsess too with fast upload speeds, peoppe can upload the clips to their channel unlisted. And then one of the channel managers are able to download that video with an HD youtube downloaded, then they can upload it to the raid channel. Its how community channels that promote smaller channels do it. So why can't raids :P

get some cool gfx/intros done for raid and sure i'll upload your video(s) to raid's youtube channel

One youtube channel where a select few have accsess too with fast upload speeds, peoppe can upload the clips to their channel unlisted. And then one of the channel managers are able to download that video with an HD youtube downloaded, then they can upload it to the raid channel. Its how community channels that promote smaller channels do it. So why can't raids :P

I'm asking because he has posted the same thing to other clans/communitys

get some cool gfx/intros done for raid and sure i'll upload your video(s) to raid's youtube channel

I can do some but staab says I'm bad @ GFX. :dave:

iLeo31x.png

Ah, I see, It's still a nice idea though:P

i only made one for styx when i was in that clan for 2+ years

i suggested it to AR51 but took no action, now i ask here to try and help Raid? Why be negative about my suggestion?

Why be negative about my suggestion?

Please may you quote where I'm being negative so i don't be negative next time i ask a question to your suggestion.