Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pixel

[WIP] mp_deathrun_electory

46 posts in this topic

Scaling for everything seems a bit too small.

I love how everything looks but I feel making things wider and maybe deleting the bottom ring on the ladder would help the map flow better.

I love how everything looks but I feel making things wider and maybe deleting the bottom ring on the ladder would help the map flow better.

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into making things larger and platforms wider :)

Yea the ladders are too squished, unless this is raid-only think about servers with player collision. 

Kind of looks like a blue 4gf map, don't see the hype with that yellow & black texture :s

Anyway, it's pretty good for a first map c=

Yea the ladders are too squished, unless this is raid-only think about servers with player collision. 

Kind of looks like a blue 4gf map, don't see the hype with that yellow & black texture :s

It's not a first map, I have had practice one many, and lost all the maps I was working on which were 4 WIPs.

I can't watch more than 20 seconds of that..

Shooting a couple of shots at everything then constantly reloading is possibly the most annoying thing to do for a video, sorry not sorry.

Overall i like how it looks, i just dont like the "Zoomed" Black-Yellow texture it looks a bit pixelated for me.

I've looked at the feedback and changed the following:

-The scale of the map has now increased considerably.

-You no longer mantle on that weird platform and climb up a weird claw thing. I changed it with two little elevator platforms moving up and down at different times. (Aids those servers without Anti-Block.)

-The ladder has been removed and replaced with a large elevator leading up straight to the next room.

To do:

Change the textures.

Overall i like how it looks, i just dont like the "Zoomed" Black-Yellow texture it looks a bit pixelated for me.

Your feedback helps! Please leave some and changes will be made if I agree!

I can't watch more than 20 seconds of that..

Shooting a couple of shots at everything then constantly reloading is possibly the most annoying thing to do for a video, sorry not sorry.

Sorry about that :) I will be sure to cut that out on the next preview just for you!  ^_^

I'm interested to see how this map turns out, best of luck to you.

I like the theme aswell, shock all dem noobs

You showed me a glimpse of the map on xfire and It looks amazing.

Hope everything comes out great Pixel!  :)

Added much more to this map, still need to change the textures, made this map difficult, currently making some cool secrets and expanding the map and thinking of end room ideas. I'm expecting this map to take me another 2 months (Because I have IRL things to do too).

Script will probably be near to 1.5k lines, so debugging will take a few days.

Thought I'd share with you my new updated pics of my new Deathrun map that I'm making. It will still take me another month or so to complete, maybe longer.

It's based in an electric factory, not everything is electric, but quite a few traps are. I might change the name yet.

#1: Spawn

xjGlCZK.png

#2: Elevators

0ZCBZY9.png

#3: Room above elevators & spawn room

NAcuVEm.png

#4: First room of traps

Tf8V5FX.png

#5: First room of traps

Aotppfj.png

#6: Second Room of traps

8qxnpTj.png

#7: Second Room of traps

90mJ8kt.png

#8: Third room of traps

hyhMEGV.png

#9: Third room of traps

8Mx5Uqd.png

#10: Fourth room of traps

F7qySaj.png

#11: Fourth room of traps

goESaed.png

#12: Activator has choice to increase map difficulty

3Yj2Me7.png

Feedback welcome  ;D 

Very nice looking map, hope you take your time with the map and it turns out great :)

Just a tip, when you take screenshots, put the settings on max :dave:

Haha I will next time thanks  :rolleyes:

Oh wow I love that lighting :wub:
remember a reflection probe and lightgrid ;)

Oh wow I love that lighting :wub:

remember a reflection probe and lightgrid ;)

8qxnpTj.png

It would seem  he has them, I see no red here and no multicolour gun/ no colour gun.

8qxnpTj.png

It would seem  he has them, I see no red here and no multicolour gun/ no colour gun.

I don't have a lightgrid, I've been having problems with it so removed it, not sure about the reflection probes, I shall check

I've made a list of all the things I need to do. I will probably think of more, but you can see why it's taking a long time. 

/*

To-do:

Fix roller trap

Finish arena end room

Fix a2

Script strikejump trap (Need FX)

Script strikecrouch trap (Need FX)

Script electrocution trap (Need FX)

Script rotating rectangles 

Script last trap

Delete the maze

Make another endroom

Script ActiRun activator door for 1v1 fight

Fix secret teleporters 

Fix secret combination

Create the secret 

Test the map with people for bugs / glitches

Fix the bugs / glitches (If Found)

Fix endroom HUD text (doesn't show)

Remove the iPrintLnBolds when teleported

Remove the trap activation combination idea - Can be easily bypassed 

Add music (maybe)

Change map name

Finish scripting the hard mode

Fix drug endroom

Especially fix the squashlasers (hard mode problem)

Add death triggers to hazard borders and floors 

Make actiroom lighting better 

Make it so you can see acti in acti room and add some cool glass pattern

Change the elevators in the start (Can cause issues for servers without non colliding players patch

Add FX to first trap 

*/

What I will do is put a strike-through for every task I complete and keep updating this post.

The map looks very different from the first lot of screenshots now, and a lot more stuff has been added. 

The map looks very different from the first lot of screenshots now, and a lot more stuff has been added. 

Can't wait for the map to be released :3

Hello everyone.

As you may have noticed, Pixel has handed over his map electory to me to finish it. He did that, because he won't be able to work on it in the future due to private problems/reasons.

Since he is a good friend and because he asked nicely, I decided to finish his map even though I am actually out of CoD4 ( and I'm not planing to come back - what you see on my YT Channel is also only for friends ).

Now let's come to the map.

There is still a lot of stuff to do. I will post a rough ToDo-list and keep you updated with screenshots over the time ( this time with maxed graphic settings ).

• fixing environment mistakes/errors, such as gaps in walls, etc.
  • finishing traps ( map + code )
  • adding a new room/hall with some unique traps, maybe for hardcore-mode only
  • creating a unique FX+sound for each trap
  • replacing texts ( made out of brushes ) with models
  • changing the lighting to earn a better ambient
  • ( maybe ) adding a decent, low-volume ambient-music
  • adding a few decals here and there ( but only if it really fits - it could look even worse with decals )
  • unique end rooms

That's all so far I'm having in my head. The first changes have been made already and I will release a screenshot soon.

Now with that having said, I also want to mention that beside this map, gaming, fapping, masturbating and eating, I also have other things to do and that it might take a while for the map to get finished. So please be patient and give me useful suggestions on the map.

It should also be mentioned, that there are certain things, which I WILL NOT do on this map:

• changing the overall look, such as textures and the path of jumpers
  • remaking the map
  • adding huge big-ass detail

I will only give the map its last tweaks and fixes, not a whole overhaul. So, that's it for now. I will post screenshots soon and I hope that I will finish the map somewhen in the near future.

-Kind regards, Phaedrean!