Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pixel

Mapping Dropbox

Dropbox Invitations   9 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be allowed in this Dropbox?

• Raid Trusted members & close friends
    • Majority of mappers in the Deathrun community

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

I use Dropbox a lot for sending files to friends. I'm sure you all know this, but you can create a shared folder in dropbox. What I've done is I have created a dropbox for mapping. This will be for mappers only but I'm not sure if it should be trusted members only or everyone can use it to upload things like useful scripts, models, prefabs, fx etc... 

I think this could be a good idea because say if someone asks for something, that one thing could be in the dropbox  and all you'd have to do is open dropbox get the file and link it them instead of searching the web. 

I have setup a poll for who should be allowed in this dropbox. Trusted members or majority of mappers. You may reply with you reason to the poll. PM me your dropbox email to be invited to the folder. If the email you use is too personal, perhaps make a new dropbox for mapping purposes or change the email to one you don't commonly use.

Wait, so it is it exclusive?

Is it only for good mappers or what :dave:

Also no offense but this could take originality out of maps if everybody had access.

Wait, so it is it exclusive?

Is it only for good mappers or what :dave:

Also no offense but this could take originality out of maps if everybody had access.

I know what you mean, you don't have to add unique stuff, maybe just stuff you don't care about, like scraps that you don't mind sharing :)

I think this is a good idea, it's a new source of learning in some sense. There's always that chance of someone using the uploaded work and claiming it as their own, should you wish to upload private content. No one is forced to upload stuff and i don't see a problem. I wouldn't mind uploading some of my stuff I've created because i know i won't make a fully finished map so I'm not bothered if someone takes my work x) It would be a great database for those who are in need in custom models (even textures) to tutorials on how to do something.

As for who should have access to the dropbox is for you to decide yourself, after all it is your idea and me personally would start off with trusted, members & close friends.

I think this is a good idea, it's a new source of learning in some sense. There's always that chance of someone using the uploaded work and claiming it as their own, should you wish to upload private content. No one is forced to upload stuff and i don't see a problem. I wouldn't mind uploading some of my stuff I've created because i know i won't make a fully finished map so I'm not bothered if someone takes my work x) It would be a great database for those who are in need in custom models (even textures) to tutorials on how to do something.

As for who should have access to the dropbox is for you to decide yourself, after all it is your idea and me personally would start off with trusted, members & close friends.

Yeah I agree on the trusted members and close friends, but the question is, do they want to participate?