Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rescue Fox

Budget PC

10 posts in this topic

Heyo, back with more pc stuff  :troll:

Anyways my friend asked me to make him a gaming pc but he's on a tight budget ($400) So I was like "aight cuh lemmie get dis 4 chu" So I was wondering If this will give him the most bang for his buck if you will, here's what I picked out for him.

56123d367f74bf48c23004f664055773.png

Eh, its a ok build. He is gonna have to play game mostly on low to medium 

Eh, its a ok build. He is gonna have to play game mostly on low to medium 

Is there anything I could change?

For $400, it's not too shabby. With a budget that low though, you're locked to AMD CPU's which are specifially tailored for gaming, and won't perform very well in anything else. AMD's are pretty good at gaming, but there are other CPU's out there that can perform better than AMD's. 

If any one of you tries to start a rant about whether or not Intel or AMD is better, I'm deleting those posts instantly. Those aren't contributing to the topic and if you wish to debate it create a topic elsewhere. What I've stated is a proven fact anyways, so there's really not much to debate there. I'm not saying AMD's are bad, I'm not saying Intel CPU's are a must-have for serious gamers and what not. That's besides the point.

//back to topic.

ALRIGHTY THEN. I also recommend a 2GB Video Card if you can find one for that cheap. With an AMD-based build, based on my knowledge AMD GPU's perform better with AMD CPU's and whatnot. I did a quick search and came up with this. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr726xoc2gdrev2  It's a 2GB R7 260X, which in benchmarks slightly outperforms the 7770, and the 2GB will make sure you won't max out your VRAM. But odds are that this computer can't run most newer games anyways, so your friend may never even need the 2nd GB, however it's the same price and it won't hurt.

For your RAM, it's always better to have 2x2GB sticks instead of 1x4GB stick. The more your RAM is spread out, the quicker your PC will be able to access the RAM and utilize it. Think of it as a pile of legos. Is it going to be easier to find the piece you're looking for in 1 4-inch high stack? Or in 2, 2-inch high stacks? Having the 2 stacks allows you to see more, and you can quickly find the part you're looking for. The same goes with RAM in PC's. 

I don't know much about AMD Motherboards and their Chipsets, so I can't really help you out there. But, upon looking at the CPU it doesn't have an L3 Cache. I don't know anything really about L3 caches, and cba to go look it up(even though I should). Most newer CPU's do have an L3 cache, so it may be worth looking that up seeing if it's worth to switch to a CPU with that little extra cache for quicker speeds. 

500W is plenty for this build, no need to change the PSU.

Nice choice with the WD hard drive. I prefer WD or Seagate, whichever one is on sale. :dave:

Good luck!

For $400, it's not too shabby. With a budget that low though, you're locked to AMD CPU's which are specifially tailored for gaming, and won't perform very well in anything else. AMD's are pretty good at gaming, but there are other CPU's out there that can perform better than AMD's. 

If any one of you tries to start a rant about whether or not Intel or AMD is better, I'm deleting those posts instantly. Those aren't contributing to the topic and if you wish to debate it create a topic elsewhere. What I've stated is a proven fact anyways, so there's really not much to debate there. I'm not saying AMD's are bad, I'm not saying Intel CPU's are a must-have for serious gamers and what not. That's besides the point.

//back to topic.

ALRIGHTY THEN. I also recommend a 2GB Video Card if you can find one for that cheap. With an AMD-based build, based on my knowledge AMD GPU's perform better with AMD CPU's and whatnot. I did a quick search and came up with this. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr726xoc2gdrev2  It's a 2GB R7 260X, which in benchmarks slightly outperforms the 7770, and the 2GB will make sure you won't max out your VRAM. But odds are that this computer can't run most newer games anyways, so your friend may never even need the 2nd GB, however it's the same price and it won't hurt.

For your RAM, it's always better to have 2x2GB sticks instead of 1x4GB stick. The more your RAM is spread out, the quicker your PC will be able to access the RAM and utilize it. Think of it as a pile of legos. Is it going to be easier to find the piece you're looking for in 1 4-inch high stack? Or in 2, 2-inch high stacks? Having the 2 stacks allows you to see more, and you can quickly find the part you're looking for. The same goes with RAM in PC's. 

I don't know much about AMD Motherboards and their Chipsets, so I can't really help you out there. But, upon looking at the CPU it doesn't have an L3 Cache. I don't know anything really about L3 caches, and cba to go look it up(even though I should). Most newer CPU's do have an L3 cache, so it may be worth looking that up seeing if it's worth to switch to a CPU with that little extra cache for quicker speeds. 

500W is plenty for this build, no need to change the PSU.

Nice choice with the WD hard drive. I prefer WD or Seagate, whichever one is on sale. :dave:

Good luck!

TL;DR  :troll:

On a more serious note thank you for being the first person to give some actual helpful input instead of all these other nubs just saying "looks fine"  :dave:

Anyways, believe it or not that was actually my second choice for a GPU It's just that I knew that they were ever so slightly a bit more and I just wanted to cram the most into this for the price.

Thank you for the RAM clarification, you were able to explain it very easily so my small adolescent mind could comprehend it ^_^   

Okay, I'll try and look into it

Thanks for all the help, both in my computer and this one!

How much you can spend maximaly?

Don't know, I'll ask him the next time I can speak with him

How much you can spend maximaly?

Okay he thinks he could probably spend 600 at most (including the price of a monitor)

Plus here's an updated list 

7ce639b93990dc0b4947e015ce0e85d2.png