Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaagg

Can there be a "Finishes record"?

11 posts in this topic

Hey forum users, I wanted to ask if there could be a Finished record on Deathrun, as there is a Deaths record, Points record, etc. It seems like a good idea to me because I can finish the map like seven times, and not get any recognition for it. If there were a Finished record, there would be more accomplishments, and more reasons to try and beat the map, other than camping spawn.

Thanks,

Jaagg

Need end triggers on each map...and some scripting work though

Seems like a good idea.

What do you guys think?

It's a pretty good idea for a record, not sure how it would work though. 

Store the player's name who reaches the endmap_trig first each round, at the end of the map see which name appears most, set as the record

not sure exactly how the script would work yet

Well I think it would be a good idea instead of having a record, to having a slot by your kill death ratio that keeps track of how many times you pass an end trigger in deathrun, that is very possible. Of course this wouldn't work for all maps, but alas having a record for this wouldn't work for all maps either.

I dont know- someone could easily finish the map every round and then the score would be unbeatable

Possible and not as hard as people make it seem on here, it's like 15 lines of script since braxi already made the basecode :dave:

But i would need to make the record save in a cfg file before adding new stuff to it but im lazy :dave:

Possible and not as hard as people make it seem on here, it's like 15 lines of script since braxi already made the basecode :dave:

But i would need to make the record save in a cfg file before adding new stuff to it but im lazy :dave:

And you surely won't exceed the dvar's max lenght of 1024 characters by adding each player's guid, name and a number of "wins"......

Face that ^^

And you surely won't exceed the dvar's max lenght of 1024 characters by adding each player's guid, name and a number of "wins"......

Face that ^^

We could still make it a personal stat, as in each time you finish we up the player_finishes dvar by 1.