Beatthat

Destiny [ Almost done ]

21 posts in this topic

Gonna give ya'll some info about my upcoming map called destiny.

I need some help from some photoshop pro for my loadingscreen, I'll give you credits of course. Wanna help? Contact me on xfire: beatthat1994 :)

Rooms: 5

Traps: 10

Size: Medium

Difficultly: Easy / Medium

Credits:

yZ37hvY.jpg

Progress: 85%

Todo List:

Finish the final 1v1 room.

Add more effects.

Finish my Deagle with a moving camo.

Add 2 more songs.

Release Date: Never, fak u lossy.

The raid version will probably be tested next week.

Some shitty pics:

(Spawn)

VgHs6kF.jpg (Sniper Room)

7MEPBmp.jpg (First part)

Glcoiwp.jpg

Much luv, Beat. :heart:

Looks great

If there is a secret on destiny like tron, have you made it so that there's only 15 tries before dying?

Also, will the deagle be like the one when testing on afk server? (Hopefully with the massive reduction in damage :troll: )

Anyways, it looks nice with the darkness and the torches/fire pits. Reminds me slightly of ruin 2

Can't wait to play it ^^

Ty.

I didn't add a secret, and probably won't add one, but there're other small eastereggs which you'll probably like. ^^

And yeah it's a simillar deagle, the one I'm using has custom sounds and a custom muzzleflash.

DAT MENU OMG

Anyway the map looks beast, and I would recommend you to add more lights, so that jumpers don't have to increase their gamma, which just in the end ruins the beauty put into the map by you...

Secondly I would say as your map seems to be an ancient underground cave or something like that, you should try to make the way of the jumpers clear and easily understand-able so that they don't get confused :P

Otherwise you are doing a great job :)

P.S. I can try to make a relevant loading-screen for your map if you want. Just tell me how you want it to be and I'll give it a shot ;)

Or he could do neither.

1)No need to make the map brighter unless you're already trying to make the map uglier.

2)Why are we handicapping the map? The doesn't need to be obvious, in fact the more it blends in with the scenery the better. We should give jumpers the illusion of choice rather than the latter.

I'll try my best. ^^

Anyways, if I'd make it brighter and add more lights, it wouldn't look good in my opinion, i have my gamma on 1.1 and i see everything perfect.

DAT MENU OMG

It's good or bad =o?

It's amazing...

How do you guys make that shit just using some code in a notepad file O_O

DAT MENU OMG

It's good or bad =o?

It's amazing...

How do you guys make that shit just using some code in a notepad file O_O

Thank you :)

and no, i've spent time learning menu functions and looked at how they work as well as taking time to learn the stock menus which I did for normal scripting, if you actually took notes down you could most of this stuff in a week, some people just don't have a patience and just be a lazy person by that they take the easy route; looking at other people scripts and probably taking them.

But yeah, this menu is pretty much from scratch 25% of it is stock stuff, so like developers placed where things are for me and made the images, the rest is done by me.

Map looks great! Can't wait to see what kind of traps you came up with. Shame that there's no secret room, but I guess if the map is fun enough it doesn't need one :)

We finally tested it yesterday, which means it's almost done. However, we've encountered a few bugs which I'm going to fix. Thanks to the testers for finding bugs, and giving me good suggestions, I'll post little todo list now.

Fixing:

Deagle room, the jumper couldn't shoot the activator for some reason.

Change weaponnames: brick_blaster_mp to beat_deagle, and m60e4_mp to bo2_minigun. I also removed the remington700_acog_mp weaponfile which i forgot to remove after I've removed the intervention, which caused some shitty looking bugs. ^-^

Changing:

I'm changing the final 1v1 deagle to how darmuh suggested it. More info will be given once the map is released.^^

Changing the knife room. ( Making it look prettier. )

Changing trap 7 which was pretty hard to pass after it's activated. It's easier now.

Adding:

Gonna add a tomahawk room probably? You need to throw the tomahawk at your attacker and kill him. Screenshots will be added as soon as I'm done making that room.

I'll also add a room that imTroll suggested, more info will be given once the room is done.

A moon room, most of you can probably already guess what this is going to be. :)

@Everyone that tested yesterday, if I forgot something, just tell me. lol

Regards.