Ryan

Rainbow Hands

12 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm back with another question  :)  I seem to not be able to get rid of the rainbow color in the hands on my map, I've asked BosnianArmy and Pixel, both telling me to make a "Light Grid Volume" around my map which I have done. Yet all it does is just make my map look like you're in fullbright and it still doesn't get rid of the rainbow color in the hands. Also, I want to apologize for asking so many questions lately, still pretty new at this  ;) Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Ryan 

put you light grid volume inside the skybox and as a test just fill up the spawnroom with it instead of the WHOLE map so you can make sure it's not a problem with that.

Have you remembered reflection probes? Are you lights really big?

One last and probably the worst possibility is that you're getting an error while compiling lights so it doesn't compile them it just crashes or terminates. Check the logs of compiling and the cmd line and look for any errors.

Good Luck c=

When I added it just around the spawn it worked, and I do have reflection probes. 

put you light grid volume inside the skybox and as a test just fill up the spawnroom with it instead of the WHOLE map so you can make sure it's not a problem with that.

Have you remembered reflection probes? Are you lights really big?

One last and probably the worst possibility is that you're getting an error while compiling lights so it doesn't compile them it just crashes or terminates. Check the logs of compiling and the cmd line and look for any errors.

Good Luck c=

Dammit J this was the one problem I knew how to fix! Why did you steal my spotlight? ;-;

Dammit J this was the one problem I knew how to fix! Why did you steal my spotlight? ;-;

cuz ur slow huehuehue

When I added it just around the spawn it worked, and I do have reflection probes. 

Just do what you did with spawn and have separate light grid volume brushes for each room.

This works a lot better then just surrounding your map ;-)

Also remember when you're finished with your map compile on 'Extra' lighting when you're making a release (if you're using the fast compile option now).

Works now, thanks  :)

Just to show my appreciation for everyone who has been helping me I decided to give a little and donate 5$ to RAID. Thanks for all the help  ;)

Give him now donation mode and VIP in da server ;)

I doubt he even cares about VIP haha

I've done everything in this thread and still have the problem? How many reflection probes should I add?

I've done everything in this thread and still have the problem? How many reflection probes should I add?

1 per room or so.

Make sure every side of a brush visible ingame is seen by atleast one reflection probe, there's no set amount for them. ;)