Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scillman

[WIP/Idea]mp_dr_hallow

14 posts in this topic

I've been discussing some ideas for a Halloween themed map with BraXi. I noted down a lot of ideas and I am playing around with it as we speak. The reason I already post here is because my friends(on Steam/XFire) seem to be interested in it.

Traps - I currently have plans for a variety of traps: (added on request)

1. "Pumpkin Tiles" The regular four tiles as we are used to, except I am going to use pumpkins with glowing eyes.
  2. "Cobweb Sloomo-o-o" A cobweb that will either freeze or slow the player. (inflicts damage)
  3. "The Cauldron" The cauldron room will be sealed shut; the cauldron will start cooking heavily and emits gas; the gas hurts the players over a short period of time; the further away from the cauldron the less damage is taken.
  4. "Smo-oky" will emit smoke into the tunnels; there are three possible ways; one will result into instant death (walk of the cliff); the second will hurt running players(they will run into boulders); the third is the proper way to get out.
  5. "Bats!" players have to crouch; if any player in the cave starts walking/running the bats will start attacking everyone inside the cave.
  6. "The Riff" you will end up on a riff you have to jump off from; don't know yet if I gonna extend it a bit further.
  7. "The Tree" a small tree growing a pumpkin; a bit to obvious isn't it; well the pumpkins will EXPLODE! MWUHAHA!!
  8. "Friday 13th" a black cat will appear; this will have some random possibilities; "xxx got his ears popped" (KF), "xxx got scratched by a black cat", "xxx froze by the gaze of a black cat" and "xxx ran away safely from a black cat"
  9. "Scarrycrow" I am thinking about doing something with the scarecrows here... not yet sure what precisely.
  10. "My Lawn, Punk!" in the barn there will be two lawnmowers which will run around/in the barn; crossing paths with the lawnmowers is a bad idea.
  11. "Lucifer" well the candles will start lighting the whole place on fire; burn!
  12. Gonna add an obstacle to get to the manor.
  13. "End-Game" knocking at the door will activate a trap; after entering the manor players will be able to choose a minigame.

Features - I got burned by the community because of not adding too much for the specific gametype; lets add some features

• Activate all; allows activation of all the traps at once.
  • Deactivate all; will deactivate all traps and let the activator choose a minigame.
  • Bonus Room #1
  • Bonus Room #2
  • Minigame queue; I want to ensure that who comes first is first, hated this in other maps so lets add it. (dunno if this is fixed in Raids Deathrun though...)

Minigames - I try to add a classic variety of minigames.

1. Jump; avoid an obstacle.
  2. Knife; knife each other. (Old-school)
  3. Sniper; snipe your opponent.
  4. Random weapon; gives both players the same random weapon.
  5. Random room; selects a random room.
  6. Pumpkin smashing; who can destroy all the pumpkins first!
  7. (Optinal) Cobweb; projectile weapon firing cobwebs?!
  8. (Optinal) Scarecrow hunt; the first one to shoot the randomly dissapearing scarecrow wins.

I will order the screenshots below with parts of the map and development as a seperate part: (It is in descending order, so the manor is the end of the map and the square is the beginning.)

Manor

tgZB7dV.png

A closer look at the Manor from Radiant.

NmXmogB.jpg

The same angle; just in-game.

#

A closer look from the top of the west part.

#

A closer look at the east side.

#

A closer look at the central tower.

Chapel

dgnQRGB.png

The look from Radiant; with in front the Chapel and in the back the Manor.

GY9lTM5.jpg

The same angle; just in-game.

Barn

No shots yet

Wheatfield

GnTBZk6.jpg

A quickly developed field which should be filled with wheat and scarecrows.

Boulders

OQb1EiR.jpg

The initial idea. I do not yet like it though...

Riff

No shots yet

Batcave

No shots yet

Cave

IwAnLlJ.jpg

An in-game look at where the cave system should come. It ain't much yet, oh that thing in the middle is for the cauldron.

Square

ogiSCy5.jpg

An in-game look at the square; I am looking at the house that should be burning in the end.

Development/Design

BtZ8nMa.png

A quick sketch of one of the traps; hope you will like it.

tsxTrqX.png

A huge pumpkin; I had the player size wrong at the first try so it ended up out of proportion, for comparison see the back next to the pumpkin that is the size of a player.

I9ZKikA.png

Editing the UV points to be able to texture the pumpkin for actual in-game purposes.

Looks like a really interesting map and the concept is very cool.

Can't wait to see future updates :D

(The manor reminds me of Luigi's Mansion :3)

Q&A

I decided to add some Q&A before hand.

Q: When will the map be released?

A: I am not sure if I can finish it, if I can I try to release it before the 1st of September (at least for testing)

Q: Can I have the custom models?

A: I am thinking about releasing all the custom models I make. The reason for this is to increase the festive themed maps.

Q: Can I help testing the map?

A: At this point yes but that is only if it comes that far.

Looks pretty good. Hope everything comes out great.

Good job  ;)

Dat texture aligment on pumpkin... :dumb: You're a bad person :troll: So many pixels wasted by your texture! Definitely has too much space on HDDs :troll:

arghg I'm in love!

This looks outstanding, so excited :3

I love how you map with the dev textures and you've made thought of some awesome concepts, 10/10 for planning.

Can't wait for this beauty c=

Only problem I see is the end rooms, remove snipe knife and jump unless you put a twist on them. There's a huge possibility of most people just going in those rooms instead of the other cool ones which destroys the festivity a little and makes the other rooms a waste of time :<.

-just my opinion.

Dear people,

The progress on the map is going really slow. (Mostly due to personal reasons.) This is why I have/want to delay the map... probably won't make it before Halloween 2014  :ph34r:

Anyway I hope you all understand.

Yours,

Scillman

It would be cool if it was exactly  released on halloween. Can't wait though:D

Dear people,

The progress on the map is going really slow. (Mostly due to personal reasons.) This is why I have/want to delay the map... probably won't make it before Halloween 2014  :ph34r:

Anyway I hope you all understand.

Yours,

Scillman

octobor 2014 is too soon, wait until 2015<3

octobor 2014 is too soon, wait until 2015<3

Anything special in 2015 for you?  :awesome: Would probably suite me though  :lol:

How far are you?

I might be able to test the map, and bring a couple of others who are really experienced with testing maps. (RaBBit<3, sheep_wizard)