Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atrX

[WIP] mp_dr_treetops

49 posts in this topic

That's as ignorant as people in the server saying Twitch is not a deathrun map.

The idea behind the map:

The activator has an arsenal of traps to choose from in a trap menu, his goal is to kill all jumpers with either his knife or his traps. He is given a set amount of time to get 1 kill, if he succeeds he will get extra time for a next kill and so on. But, if he does not get a kill in time everyone will be teleported to an arena where the jumpers will most likely kill the activator.  :dumb: As a jumper your single goal is to evade the activator and his traps in this closed circuit map with multiple paths to choose from.

deathrun mod description: 

the classical mod in which a single player fights alone against the other team, his only weapons are his deadly traps. The players in the opposite team have to kill the trapmaster after finishing his course without dying.

:dumb:

You have the choice whether or not to play it.

Oh wait.. Braxi never plays deathrun or didn't played before on any servers.. :dave:

BraXi, you may as well stop. This is Slaya's map and he can do what he wants. It's nothing you can change..

If he wants to do something original that hasn't been done before, he should be allowed to do it. You have the choice whether or not to play it.

I know I cannot stop him, but the right forum for his new map is MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking and in my opinion he could post his map there, I'm sure people there would have even more ideas for traps than we all here can think of.

10/10 overreacting. Braxi, when you sell you mod you're showing you have no passion for it, so getting this upset over a trap is stupid; it almost hows you care for cod4 deathrun?

Raid is almost as bad as aL....

Slaya / Imagine, ignore any criticism given to you. Who says you can't just test it on a test server before release and have people such as Lossy test it and others to see if it's a good idea or not?

You can happily make the idea work and implement it, but if (after testing it with others) it turns out bad, you can easily remove it before full release :)

I know I cannot stop him, but the right forum for his new map is MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking and in my opinion he could post his map there, I'm sure people there would have even more ideas for traps than we all here can think of.

And now you've posted a link for people to find hacks if they didn't know about that site already, :/ 

Well i'm going to give my opinion on the map rather than moaning about a trap; although i agree with lossy, let him finish the trap before jumping to conclusions because the trap could actually work. I actually like the design. something different to most maps i've seen, I'm not entirely sure on the actual concept of the activation system as it is coming across as a new mod in my perspective. Overall good (if you were to compare with that alone to your other maps), good job!

Give the guy a break, hes trying something new!

deathrun mod description: 

the classical mod in which a single player fights alone against the other team, his only weapons are his deadly traps. The players in the opposite team have to kill the trapmaster after finishing his course without dying.

:dumb:

I think new ideas are good, gives some variety, that's why i like mirrors edge map, it's something different.

Any way i think the map looks awesome, have always wanted to play a tree top map.

And now you've posted a link for people to find hacks if they didn't know about that site already, :/ 

You're saying it like this website is extremely difficult to find

I think new ideas are good, gives some variety, that's why i like mirrors edge map, it's something different.

Then make a diferent mod which has diferent goal where you can do whatever you want and nobody is going to complain instead of making something "deathrun" which doesn't really belong to that mod and doesn't stick to the mod's formula ó.ó

You're saying it like this website is so hard to find

Then make a diferent mod where you can do whatever you want and nobody is going to complain instead of messing in my playground ó.ó

Didn't you say a while back that you don't want to support the mod because you hate the community and what it's become? 

Now you're saying you don't want shit like this in a mod you said you don't want to support anymore? lol 

Didn't you say a while back that you don't want to support the mod because you hate the community and what it's become? 

Now you're saying you don't want shit like this in a mod you said you don't want to support anymore? lol 

Does my lack of interest in making mods mean that I cannot post my opinions about maps for my mod? What the fuck man

It seems asif this thread is creating too much hate between the mod developer and players, Opinions are opinions which you should keep to yourself, It may be a forum but if your opinion is clearly annoying please don't post.

Slaya is making a unique trap that hasnt been done before and clearly something different to "Spikes", "Push Traps" "Moving platforms etc". Now when darmuh made his mapping guide a couple months back he had a part about trap design, "Avoid using commonly used traps. Spinning hammers, random nonsolid platform, and spikes are overly used in deathrun maps. If you are going to make a deathrun map please try and have some sort of trap that is unique. Part of a map's playability is it's difference from other maps. If your map is just like the others just in another environment then it will likely not receive well." This is EXACTLY What hes doing, now Braxi i think that you giving your opinion on this topic because its going to cause a bunch more hate

Take a good read of this: http://raid-gaming.net/forums/topic/19-darmuhs-mapping-guide/   (6d593ae2e5aed10f4a6eb3fc312c856e.png) *Sigh*

Guy makes a shit and yet im the person to blame... anyway here's a quote from his first post which you should read:

The idea behind the map:

The activator has an arsenal of traps to choose from in a trap menu, his goal is to kill all jumpers with either his knife or his traps. He is given a set amount of time to get 1 kill, if he succeeds he will get extra time for a next kill and so on. But, if he does not get a kill in time everyone will be teleported to an arena where the jumpers will most likely kill the activator. :dumb: As a jumper your single goal is to evade the activator and his traps in this closed circuit map with multiple paths to choose from.

Now I'll try to explain you how this is opposite to deathrun gametype...

He [activator] is given a set amount of time to get 1 kill, if he succeeds he will get extra time for a next kill and so on.

In deathrun jumpers have limited time to complete the map and if they run out of time - activator wins.

As a jumper your single goal is to evade the activator and his traps in this closed circuit map with multiple paths to choose from.

In deathrun your goal as a jumper is to pass all traps and kill the actvator, you have no chance to kill activator without beating all traps.

So why the fuck this map is still called a "map for my mod" if it doesn't even meet two fundamental rules of deathrun and is opposide to deathrun gametype, and has a wh, huh?

Edit: I've been downvoted by JR-Imagine again and my reputation is still more than twice as big as his :dave:

Guy makes a shit and yet im the person to blame... anyway here's a quote from his first post which you should read:

Now I'll try to explain you how this is opposite to deathrun gametype...

In deathrun jumpers have limited time to complete the map and if they run out of time - activator wins.

In deathrun your goal as a jumper is to pass all traps and kill the actvator, you have no chance to kill activator without beating all traps.

So why the fuck this map is still called a "map for my mod" if it doesn't even meet two fundamental rules of deathrun and is opposide to deathrun gametype, and has a wh, huh?

Edit: I've been downvoted by JR-Imagine again and my reputation is still more than twice as big as his :dave:

She got a point here.. but hey you can't deny this:

Try something before you complain

Well, sad to say, but I believe BraXi is so stuck in the past that she can't accept progress

The community gets better, you call it s***

Maps get new designs and not like maps two years ago, you call it s***

The same old formula that you mentioned created repetitive maps, making the community lose interest

New things with new type of gameplay should be encouraged, not trashed on

Makes the mod feel new and refreshing

The same old does get boring, if you choose to admit such or not

Believe it or not, but things change over time, such as yourself

Remembered thinking you actually cared about deathrun back when BraXi.org was alive

Perhaps for a bit, you did, however clearly not the case for past few months

It's up to the mappers to create maps/traps/rooms in which will present people with not only entertainment but with challenges as well

Maybe you didn't notice due to complaining about change, but most maps these days are better and more thought out trap/layout wise than those of 1.0 and before

I personally don't like the sound of the trap and agree with Staab (Making a screen UAV like system in which the activator has some clue of where the jumpers are), however, you don't see me nor anyone else threatening to ban or using childish insults

Please, for the sake of the community in which you left, try to be more mature and caring for what's left

Anyways, due to useless off topic and pointless arguing, locking the thread

If you guys would like to continue arguing about it, please do by PM/xfire/steam

Apologies for doing this in your new map thread Slaya, but tired of horrid behavior and useless bickering in threads

CM may unlock it

Side note: Map looks promising so far, keep up the great work

Look forward to playing it

Has made some progress

Unlocked due to future updates/progress posts

Also seems that everyone has calmed down and moved past this

Reminder, please behave and stay relevant to this thread and the map

Further arguing with each other will result in only certain people being able to comment/post

Any new updates yet? :dave:

I've been working on some traps, the trap menu and the map itself. I'll post a video update once I feel I've made enough progress to show off, for now, this'll do:

bt04Uez.jpg

WIP Swarm trap, spawns 8-12 (random amount) hunter killers and fires one every 3 seconds at a random location in the map. Target locations are marked with FX to balance the trap for players. Ignore there being no skybox, me being in fullbright (no worldspawn settings yet) and the GUID spoofing stuff (blame devmap and anti guid spoof plugin). Will add a lot more detail once I'm done with the basic map (need a ton of decals too).

I've been working on some traps, the trap menu and the map itself. I'll post a video update once I feel I've made enough progress to show off, for now, this'll do:

bt04Uez.jpg

WIP Swarm trap, spawns 8-12 (random amount) hunter killers and fires one every 3 seconds at a random location in the map. Target locations are marked with FX to balance the trap for players. Ignore there being no skybox, me being in fullbright (no worldspawn settings yet) and the GUID spoofing stuff (blame devmap and anti guid spoof plugin). Will add a lot more detail once I'm done with the basic map (need a ton of decals too).

That looks pretty good to me 

Nice work ;-D