Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigTekker

Deathrun server

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys I was just wondering how do you set up a deathrun server on Mac so I can play with my friends in aus ?

since that guy did the most useless reply ever i will attempt to help u.

This is a windows tutorial but im sure it has the same basics as a crapple mac

good luck!

I am also pretty new to this as well but an idea is maybe Boot Camp your Mac with windows and play from that? Then use the tutorial that Purity gave you, sorry if its not much help but good luck man.

It's not wise to host a server on your computer, specially if you want it to be up like Raid, FNRP etc... servers.

Home hosting is significantly known to be pretty crappy, it's really only good for when you want to throw it up for your friends to play on it for an hour or so. Home hosting has bad ping, no redirect(unless you install a webserver on your home PC, but then you rely on your internet upload to create a redirect, and it's usually super super super slow), and it requires a half-decent computer. Not to mention if you want to host a server AND play a game using the same computer, it puts a lot of stress on your computer. Depending on your Mac, odds are it won't host a server very well at all, not to mention hosting and playing. That video that Purity posted was one I made a year or two ago, it still works almost the same, just try to follow what you can, and comment on the video if you need help I guess, I'll do what I can to help considering I haven't used Mac OSX in ages.

If you want to hosting a server on Cod4 is hard enough; hosting a server with a Deathrun Mod on it is even harder.

To actually make a normal COD4 server with no mods you need to click on "Start A New Server" then make sure that you have "Dedicated Server" turned on too. Then tweak the server to how you want it to be. Then after that COD4 will close and a application named "COD4 Console" will come up. The steps after that I don't know, so here is a video that I'm pretty sure that you can rely on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwYg-3Ziv6o

1a608ee9fc717281daaa70c61652adf6.png

i don't think he will see it 

Wolf is new to forums in general and still has to understand how they work ^^ Give him time.