Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael

Who is your alltime favorite mapper?

41 posts in this topic

Who is your alltime favorite mapper for call of duty 4?

Mine is:

Wingzor

My reasoning for this is, his maps weren't all about the detail(in my eyes) and he made his maps as fun jumping maps. My alltime favorite map is either Framey, or Dragonball.

Depends, favorite mapper purely based on their mapping skills or? Wingzor is complete ass so I'm assuming you're basing it on skills only..

Mine's probably Xenon

Depends, favorite mapper purely based on their mapping skills or? Wingzor is complete ass so I'm assuming you're basing it on skills only..

Mine's probably Xenon

I also like Darmuh. His maps were exciting to play on aswell. Darmuh v2 was fun to play on ( even though like 90 percent of people say it sucks. )

I can't stand Wingzor's maps D: I just personally don't like them.. If I had to choose it'd probably be Vartizan from CJ. But deathrun, it's gotta be Xenon.

PetX, Rycoon, Xenon would be my favorites

my alltime favorite would be petx tho

I don't really have a favourite mapper, but the mappers who made my favourite maps are Poyser (mp_deathrun_sick) Xenon (Qube) And Wingzor (Skypillar) 

the guy that made chunk and pyramid is my favourite mapper. :troll:

Rycoon, Wingzor, Xenon, PetX

Tbh, I like a lot more maps, and I'm not just going to dislike a map because of the personality of that person, it the map is to my liking, then that's all I care about :)

There's loads more mappers I love the creations from, but these are my favorite I think.

whoever made highrise. pretty sure fearz made it

You are correct! And thank you for calling me one of your favourite mappers! 

Mine is Wingzor, Xenon :) and Rednose

Just enjoyed their maps the most ;)

PetX,Col!ar, R3MIEN,  and the team at 4GF, always would look forward to playing their maps. 

Rycoon, pretty sure deathrun wouldn't be here today without his contributions both to the mod itself and the mapping community.

Mieep Mieep (mp_deathrun_short, for those who don't recognize the name.)

I would say BraXi, but technically the only map I've ever played that's hers is Darkness and Long. I've seen her WIP's and all the potential that's there, just none of those maps are ever released, so I've never had the chance to play them and technically be part of my favorite mappers, which Darkness and Long, despite their fun, don't quite give me the appeal of a "favorite mapper"

Same goes for Lossy, for that matter. :dave:

Xenon of course, always puts time and effort into his maps, regardless of whether they're super high-detail or not, they always have the theme fit perfectly. He finds a theme and sticks to it, and it really makes the maps pop. Take Qube for example., it's a basic map, but the coloring he chose to put in each section and the lighting really make that map stand out, despite the simpleness of it. 

I'd have to think, there are quite a few authors out there, just don't know all of them. Quite a few maps I've played that I've really enjoyed and respected because I've known of the time it must have taken them to put into it, but of course I have no idea who's map they are. :okay:

EDIT: Rednose, DUH. Forgot about him until I hit "post" and then was like "OH I FORGOT ABOUT REDNOSE". 

Wingzor, Dafuxzr, and 4GF team

Wingzor, PetX, Rednose, Darmuh, Paradise,  Braxi, Col!ar, and Xenon  :awesome:

OH my god, I almost forgot about 

IZartaXI

(The guy who remade Seatown and Bakaara from MW3, nearly perfect remakes in my opinion.)

Rycoon, pretty sure deathrun wouldn't be here today without his contributions both to the mod itself and the mapping community.

I wouldn't say rycoon made an impact on the mapping community.. He wouldn't share scripts with people and would keep them server side so no-one could see how he done things. He did end up helping people on the forums at a later date, which I wouldn't consider that a big impact.