Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheSuitedElk

Cicada 3301: Raid Edition [Part 1]

31 posts in this topic

"It has been called "the most elaborate and mysterious puzzle of the internet age", and is listed as one of the "Top 5 eeriest, unsolved mysteries of the Internet" by the Washington Post and much speculation exists as to its purpose. Many have speculated that it is a recruitment tool for the NSA, CIA, MI6, or a cyber mercenary group. Others have claimed it is an Alternate Reality Game (ARG), but the fact that no company or individual has taken credit or tried to monetize it, combined with the fact that none who have solved the puzzles have ever come forward, has led most to feel that it is not." - Wikipedia

I thought it would be fun to create something like this for Raid. Feel free to work as a team. It should get harder and harder as you progress. There are no rules. I thought that as an incentive, the winner would receive a $25 prize in the form of paypal/btc but since it's more fun to work as a team, I'll just donate that to Raid upon completion. Note that this is only part 1. Javascript must be enabled for certain bits. Without further ado:

Find the message.

Hint: It has nothing to do with the black text.

G0Cfrts.png

i have got it.

the secret message is

DOGE

:doge:  :doge:  :doge:  :doge:  :doge:  :doge:  :doge:

GXCaFJR.png

:ph34r:

*Edit*

Didn't really want to go on the link. I don't know if this is the final step or not.

GXCaFJR.png

:ph34r:

*Edit*

Didn't really want to go on the link. I don't know if this is the final step or not.

It isn't.

UiYvfLR.png

I'm at this stage now, a bit stuck :D

*edit*

Such a hacker m8

Alydoe1.png

SO NOW I'M STUCK AGAIN.

Someone try to help. This is the text.

ECNA D ORCCO OZ OUC HECPNDFC LZH VHEO XDFC EODOBNT “RC VHEO XPDXWCA LZHP XDCEDP XBGUCP. EUDII RC XZNOBNHC?”

Someone try to help. This is the text.

ECNA D ORCCO OZ OUC HECPNDFC LZH VHEO XDFC EODOBNT “RC VHEO XPDXWCA LZHP XDCEDP XBGUCP. EUDII RC XZNOBNHC?”

Isn't it obvious

its

In Russian

:dumb:

The account you tweeted had a QR code as their display picture, I tried scanning it and it went to here http://daslfkmc8389.herobo.com/2kfsg82.html, if you highlight the page there's the same code as before but the URL is different  :( #confused

That was a previous step that we already did.

But yet again you're all alone because nobody knows how you achieved the previous step of cracking the most recent code. Only you do, and nobody else can figure it out to come to the same step you are and help you.

check the qr code again, its different :horror:

www.speedyshare.com/cZCWT/goodthingyoucheckedtheqragain.psd

text int the .psd

Thought I'd use that trick again? Some credit, please.

Adacic 1033: Raid Edition

bit.ly/rzQMer1 (page not found :angryarnold:)