Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Synd

[WIP]mp_deathrun_burst

6 posts in this topic

Heyo guys! After working on this map for about two weeks or so, I've decided to post it as a work in progress to see what you guys thought of the map, and for any ideas that you might have for it! Anyway, I think this is the best map that I've made so far (Idea and detail wise). This is my 3rd map, make sure to give me feedback! :D

Map size: small

traps: 8(not all scripted)

Screenshots:

Spawn Area:

rFr00.jpg

Middle of the map:

KCcSn.jpg

End(ish) of the map

lDP4h.jpg

Note these screenshots aren't the best, and this wasn't compiled on fast. As well as none of these are final.

I currently have 3 traps scripted, in total I plan to have 8 traps. Some of which are pretty unique :) .

TURZcVA.png

Yellow - Is it me or is it repeating again and again? Also you're using same texture after the selected yellow area, try mix it up with other textures + decals (bloody,dirt,stains)

Red - Maybe you already planned this but, add more detail behind the map, like military vehicles of some sorts or tanks (maybe this was a abandoned military facility :o ), + stock prefab houses (not buildings pls). Also the grass looks ugly, add grass, plants... etc

Blue - Add an electric fence (make sure players won't reach it and die, they whine even if it's their fault), just for more detail, as a "restricted area" sort of idea

Dark Blue - Just an idea, add birds or helicopters coming this way (no static, + sound)

L64BLRx.png

Red - Add more detail, etc...

Blue - (Optional) Electric Fence?

Yellow - That triangle thing is ugly, no idea what you can do there, as i'm thinking of opinions while writing them down for you. If the barrels have no connection to the gameplay (trap), spread them more, lie them down, give them decals near them on the floor, add random prefabs (boxes,drinks,toolbox,etc...) near the barrels. The blood is kind of... weird, don't know if it's the same decal 4x, but try putting on the wall, and not adding too much in front of each other... Oh idea here, put gratify on the walls (decal).

1HlATC7.png

Red - More detail etc..., different textures (Grass part, add the leafs decal, i think there was one like that, but not everywhere, near the trees or something)

Blue - Fence... XD

Yellow - Repetitive... don't use a always the same thing,  add something else, i'm getting a blank here so i can't help you decide what to put

That's my suggestions for you're map based on the pictures, hope my text of suggestions helped, and please take your time developing this to come out good :dave:

TURZcVA.png

Yellow - Is it me or is it repeating again and again? Also you're using same texture after the selected yellow area, try mix it up with other textures + decals (bloody,dirt,stains)

Red - Maybe you already planned this but, add more detail behind the map, like military vehicles of some sorts or tanks (maybe this was a abandoned military facility :o ), + stock prefab houses (not buildings pls). Also the grass looks ugly, add grass, plants... etc

Blue - Add an electric fence (make sure players won't reach it and die, they whine even if it's their fault), just for more detail, as a "restricted area" sort of idea

Dark Blue - Just an idea, add birds or helicopters coming this way (no static, + sound)

L64BLRx.png

Yellow - That triangle thing is ugly, no idea what you can do there, as i'm thinking of opinions while writing them down for you. If the barrels have no connection to the gameplay (trap), spread them more, lie them down, give them decals near them on the floor, add random prefabs (boxes,drinks,toolbox,etc...) near the barrels. The blood is kind of... weird, don't know if it's the same decal 4x, but try putting on the wall, and not adding too much in front of each other... Oh idea here, put gratify on the walls (decal).

1HlATC7.png

Red - More detail etc..., different textures (Grass part, add the leafs decal, i think there was one like that, but not everywhere, near the trees or something)

Blue - Fence... XD

Yellow - Repetitive... don't use a always the same thing,  add something else, i'm getting a blank here so i can't help you decide what to put

That's my suggestions for you're map based on the pictures, hope my text of suggestions helped, and please take your time developing this to come out good :dave:

Good tips. Would follow

what happened to ur other map?

I trashed it, I didn't like it + the traps were garbage :)

TURZcVA.png

L64BLRx.png

1HlATC7.png

Blue - Fence... XD

Will use some of these ideas! But I was planning on adding more and more as I'm not too far into it.