Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Punk

[W.I.P] mp_dr_bounce

79 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I'm updating this map,  many people liked it and hated it, appreciate feedback, because will be the last time I update this map, also looking forward to negative comments :dumb:

Just have a video of my progress of 2 hours into the map!  。◕‿‿◕。

Somethings are not correctly placed as you can see in the shitty video, as I only worked 2 hours for this, today.

Feedback -

- Tell me what you DON'T want to see in the map (not the map itself :dumb: )

- Tell me which endrooms you want (or say 'old only')

- Tell me if the light is currently good (Compiled at Fast)

mp_dr_neveragain will be delayed, but not forgotten. I just love making simple/crazy/stupid maps first

Appreciate helpful criticism!

Not going to go full out criticism on this since I know it's not a fully serious map (As you stating that you enjoy making crazy/silly maps)

However, noticed for easy way, almost all of the bounces are just forward and nothing else

While the first bounce's easy way was mostly forward bounces as well, it also had different heights the players jumped from and some side angle bounces

I do understand that it is easy way, but would be more interesting and actually challenging if the bounce were placed in odd and unique spots

The traps themselves seem decent and again, since the map isn't really meant to be serious and realistic, floating objects and so forth may not need to be worked on (Would make it look more better and perhaps logical however)

I really do hope though that some of the traps are unique or worked on more

For instance, a trap in which the bounce spins while rotating/revolving a platform/pillar (Continues spinning after being activated)

Certainly not the most unique, but bit of an additional challenge

Or, as an another example, a bounce trap where once activated, flings you back to the start of easy way (Perhaps by using the script that the catapult on Iceland had or making your own) and either kills or does a fair amount of damage

So far, would like to see actually interesting traps from this version of bounce in which may not be fully new, at least continues with adding new features and concepts to already created ideas

The map itself looks good, texture reminds me of a few CJ maps, so I suppose you got the feeling for "bounce" there

I don't exactly want to see any rooms besides old (Unless perhaps last alive)

Also, don't really want to see hard be medium difficulty like bounce was

The way is named hard, making it very challenging with difficult traps ;)

Only other thing I can think of is give the activator some bounces to do

The concept/theme of the map is bounce, might as well have some in the activator area :P

Would also make old way bit more fun as well ^^

ergh, I was looking forward to this, I like the design and I like how it's basically blue mario but I'm kinda annoyed.

bounces are unoriginal and you may as well call it bounce v3. It's looks really boring and is going to be extremely easy to speed run.

We've had enough bounce maps (bounce v2 EHEM) and while I like the theme (even though it's a tad lazy) the whole bounce thing just puts me off.

For new players, this is basically like a huge middle finger and to people who are bad at strafing and bounces like me, it's like a huge middle finger.

I want to enjoy deathrun and be able to get to the end, some may argue it's a challenge (it's not for most people if we're being honest) but it becomes more of a nuisance.

For instance, if I'm new to this map, how the hell am I going to see that bounce at the water part? If I can only get 60fps, how the hell am I gonna do a bounce?

And also, because everything is just a bounce, the traps all become very unoriginal since the limit is just moving and rotating a bounce. everything is floating so you could've at least put support or whatever.

Because they're bouncing, it's not an excuse to make them floating. I'd be okay with all the bounces if you just made the map more interesting. Like instead of have an ugly bounce, have a pipe going across you bounce on.

It's hard to have ideas for this map and I can't give you anymore since this map is about 5-7 textures (I'm guessing) and that makes it pretty bland. Like, there's not even a theme, is it mario? Is it random codjumper world?

Sorry if this is a 'silly' or 'non-serious' map but, think if everyone made 'silly' maps (well everyone pretty much does now). Make it into something proper, please, and then maybe I can appreciate it.

inb4 downvotes because I wanted to share MY OPINION!

ergh, I was looking forward to this, I like the design and I like how it's basically blue mario but I'm kinda annoyed.

bounces are unoriginal and you may as well call it bounce v3. It's looks really boring and is going to be extremely easy to speed run.

We've had enough bounce maps (bounce v2 EHEM) and while I like the theme (even though it's a tad lazy) the whole bounce thing just puts me off.

Thank you for the comments on the design.

I know bounces are unoriginal, which is why I plan on doing a lot of improvement for this one, especially on the traps, as this is a "simple" looking map, I won't add detail, as it would ugly too with the new design.

Bounce v2 WAS NOT MADE BY MEAnd that mapper didn't ask for permission to continue my work, the only one I gave my map files to work on or fix them after I took a break was Lossy

For new players, this is basically like a huge middle finger and to people who are bad at strafing and bounces like me, it's like a huge middle finger.

I want to enjoy deathrun and be able to get to the end, some may argue it's a challenge (it's not for most people if we're being honest) but it becomes more of a nuisance.

For instance, if I'm new to this map, how the hell am I going to see that bounce at the water part? If I can only get 60fps, how the hell am I gonna do a bounce?

Easy way is literally to new people, that's why there's hard and easy routes, from you're experience, you should choose which one you think you can beat and reach the end of map.

Some people like bounces, other's don't, that's how it is, but I'm trying to make this map enjoyable for everyone, for those who like bounces or don't.

Water trap, that needs to be adjusted, that statement is true, I will give it a few tweaks. Also this map is not heavy, (normally all my previous maps, you could always go to 125+ fps, mystic... not so much sorry about that, wrong FX xD)

And also, because everything is just a bounce, the traps all become very unoriginal since the limit is just moving and rotating a bounce. everything is floating so you could've at least put support or whatever.

Because they're bouncing, it's not an excuse to make them floating. I'd be okay with all the bounces if you just made the map more interesting. Like instead of have an ugly bounce, have a pipe going across you bounce on.

It's hard to have ideas for this map and I can't give you anymore since this map is about 5-7 textures (I'm guessing) and that makes it pretty bland. Like, there's not even a theme, is it mario? Is it random codjumper world?

Like I said, I will put my full attention to the traps and everyone's opinions, in my opinion.. supports for bounces look really really bad. I'm serious, I tried various times, in many ways, they still look ugly to me, if you have a position,size,texture for a support, tell me.

No excuses, I just always did them like that, and explained why already above why I do not add supports, as for the pipe idea, I will take that in consideration.

I think the theme is bounce?...

orry if this is a 'silly' or 'non-serious' map but, think if everyone made 'silly' maps (well everyone pretty much does now). Make it into something proper, please, and then maybe I can appreciate it.

What I meant by silly, is the way it looks, the textures, the references and the traps, I ALWAYS take my map serious when build them, because I like doing it so.

inb4 downvotes because I wanted to share MY OPINION!

I appreciate your opinions, because that gives me an idea of what you have about my map, if it's bad, or you're not satisfied, you need to tell me, so I can check what bugs you about the map, and make it more pleasant for you to play on.

Thank you for your opinions, I will keep updating the map, and hope to get more opinions from everyone.

Give it a other name to your map since you already made a map called mp_dr_bounce..

Eh, just a few suggestions for perhaps a new name

1.) Jounce (Basically meaning to go down and up, like a bounce)

2.) Rebound (Meaning to bounce back up into the air after hitting an object)

3.) Carom (Meaning to strike and rebound, for example jumping and hitting the bounce and being "rebounded" back up)

Problem with bounce maps is that a bounce wont always bounce you which is really annoying

If they are bad made yes, but his bounces are always working so.

Feels when bounce in CoD4 is actually a engine glitch and not a feature so there always going to be problems with bouncing

Problem with bounce maps is that a bounce wont always bounce you which is really annoying

Bounce (x,y,z) - (1+, z/2, y*2)

Ex: (256, 32, 64), (128,64,128)

That's the way you make bounces (at least I do and I always bounce okay with the right landing place and angle), if you fail to bounce, than it's because of the angle or where you land.

Eh, just a few suggestions for perhaps a new name

1.) Jounce (Basically meaning to go down and up, like a bounce)

2.) Rebound (Meaning to bounce back up into the air after hitting an object)

3.) Carom (Meaning to strike and rebound, for example jumping and hitting the bounce and being "rebounded" back up)

This is an update from my old bounce map, to deny any other version published by anyone but me. I'll make a poll later on, based on your suggestion, thank you.

Next update video(s) will include full finish of easy way, and half of hard way. Would like suggestions about the video (lighting, traps, looks)

And as you can see 80%+ of the bounces in easy way can be passed by simply going forth and just land on the middle of the bounce....If traps are not activated :D I hope it's easy enough for new people. (Don't worry, hard way will be nothing like this :P )

Toxic gas trap is still WIP, I have only recently been working with effects again, so it may look weird.

Two more traps intended for easy way, flamethrower type of trap coming from three huge pipes as seen in the video, directing to the ceiling, and a spikey ball going up and down, between pipes...

Water Trap

If you fall in the water, and cannot go back up, you will drown slowly.

Each second you stay inside the water you lose 5 health

Might still make a few tweaks to this trap, and need to add some sounds as a player is drowning.

Question: Would you like the possibility to climb back up those "blocks" if you fall down?

I'm looking forward to this now :3

Good reply, totally changed my mind.

Btw, what do you have against bounce v2? It's fun and it has bounces that work.. Sometimes!

There was also a bounce v3. That was pretty bad, but I liked more than v2. Anyway, map's coming along nicely, looking forward to playing it;)

Btw, what do you have against bounce v2? It's fun and it has bounces that work.. Sometimes!

he already planned a v2

hey look its blue qube with bounces and mario  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:

hey look its blue qube with bounces and mario  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:

Haha, I was hoping for a comment like this :xd:

I'm looking forward to this now :3

Good reply, totally changed my mind.

Thank you

It's bad. ("v3" too)

he already planned a v2

This

I like the look, maybe add some edges with different colors to make it a bit varied.

Images

Does it look better guys? (Last one didn't finish, but you get the pictures) Tell me which part you dislike it, in my opinion the surface where you land after you pass the laser trap, that has 3 squares surrounded by yellow blocks, is a little too much, but I was bored so I did it anyway. I would like to hear your opinions :).

+New Design

+Updated Effects (I don't like editing smoke effects :( )

+Changed some parts of the map

+Added water where traps are (Except spiky ball trap)

+All Traps are Now Working

- Need to add a few sounds

- Need to tweak light in some places

Appreciate some feedback!