Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

[W.I.P] mp_dr_peaceful

104 posts in this topic

- Make the path where jumpers walk... bigger //I will think about this\\

Don't think. Do it. It will make it better in the long run. Stop questioning things and just do it. 

- Add decal on the wood //Not yet, if someone got a very good tutorial send me\\

I hope you knew that I tried Google as first option..

Oh really?

Okay I can't load the video because I'm stuck on awful 3G but those textures look okay. When I see it, my requests are every plank is a brush so you can see inbetween and the for water, play around with different textures and make sure you stretch it.

Remember Bosnian, the easiest way isn't the best way, just because something is quick to do doesn't mean it's a good addition, take your time.

Making a trap now called handrail trap :P

*How the trap works*

When the activator comes, on that place will be a storm for a short time and the fence will move fast and will go back again at the activators place, and yes it pushes you away or should I make that it kills you??

PS: Does anyone knows where this file is? "artillery_impact", I want a storm sound not a explosion sound

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty 4\raw\sound\explosions

Please change the startdoor

For one, it goes through the damn floor, at the very least make it reasonable that the object can go down and is supposed to.

Secondly, the tubular wooden planks is really ugly, there's a thousand other things you could do to replace those.

I'd prefer that you be unique with your map and make an interesting start "door" using your theme but if you're too lazy and just want to move a block on the z axis then at least make your laziness look half-decent.

a62398d72f2adb4effc1950459808600.png

Better? :P, and I will change the wooden textures I think ;_;

For the poles hit S and rotate the texture so it repeats up.

Put bits of wood under the planks that connect from each pole otherwise the planks are floating :E

For the poles hit S and rotate the texture so it repeats up.

Put bits of wood under the planks that connect from each pole otherwise the planks are floating :E

You didn't see down side..

No, it looks stupid, it's 6..8? 8 Supports holding some wood, and later on i presume it will just go down smoothly mysteriously?

How about this, a tree is lying on the wooden "floor", and when the game starts it will go down slowly until the way is clear? (In a diagonal way) or something blocking the way, or just make the start "room" be further away from the first trap, so activator has time to make reach first trap.

Get some bloody decals in there

And change the wood texture from being ugly to being.... Ok too look at.

Why so many jumper spawns? This is not a problem but...why? :dave:

Fix the cylinders, put them next to the wood (but a bit bigger) and with a good..texture...

Add ropes around the supports, and boats.. am I the only one who watched all of the Pirates of the Caribbean's films? (Yes i'm getting ideas from there)

Please take your time with your map, you're making updates for your map that has minimum importance, take your time and then make another video of the map that is at least 75%+ done already.

No, it looks stupid, it's 6..8? 8 Supports holding some wood, and later on i presume it will just go down smoothly mysteriously?

How about this, a tree is lying on the wooden "floor", and when the game starts it will go down slowly until the way is clear? (In a diagonal way) or something blocking the way, or just make the start "room" be further away from the first trap, so activator has time to make reach first trap.

Get some bloody decals in there

And change the wood texture from being ugly to being.... Ok too look at.

Why so many jumper spawns? This is not a problem but...why? :dave:

Fix the cylinders, put them next to the wood (but a bit bigger) and with a good..texture...

Add ropes around the supports, and boats.. am I the only one who watched all of the Pirates of the Caribbean's films? (Yes i'm getting ideas from there)

Please take your time with your map, you're making updates for your map that has minimum importance, take your time and then make another video of the map that is at least 75%+ done already.

Ehm.. I'm a not master mapper to make it look like 100% realistic yuno. And why should I make a map that looks very 100% detailed when people only want to rush the map and doesn't activate traps sometimes.

I can better make 50% good looking map what goes a bit faster and that the map is enjoy able then making a very detailed map and then no one wants to play it. 

Anyways my opinion, but I will make it a bit good looking.

And.............. this is why the map will turn out shit. You don't listen to any of us. you just question and question it. You know what. I won't be giving any help for you this map, and I'm sure others will stop as well. why should people waste their time telling you how to improve it, if you don't listen to them? Everyone is telling you how to make the map a lot better, but I doubt you'll do any of what's been said. It's no one else's fault but your own. 

And.............. this is why the map will turn out shit. You don't listen to any of us. you just question and question it. You know what. I won't be giving any help for you this map, and I'm sure others will stop as well. why should people waste their time telling you how to improve it, if you don't listen to them? Everyone is telling you how to make the map a lot better, but I doubt you'll do any of what's been said. It's no one else's fault but your own. 

Who said I didn't improved my map by your suggestions?..

Changed the wood texture but got 1 problem..

I can see in Radiant and in-game this line here

129974125-4.jpg

That means I need a better custom texture or?

You need a seamless texture. 

Google wood texture seamless. 

thank you

The texture isn't seamless, search seamless wood texture, and use one of those.

The texture isn't seamless, search seamless wood texture, and use one of those.

This one is seamless?

seamless-wood-texture-free-76.jpg

Try it and find out, it's hard to tell from just 1 image, put it in radiant and find out 

Try it and find out, it's hard to tell from just 1 image, put it in radiant and find out 

:okay:

Didnt mean to downvote that comment :C

This one is seamless?

seamless-wood-texture-free-76.jpg

Bosnian how the fuck are we supposed to know if that is seamless just by giving us one simple picture lmao

Too be honest, if you searched seamless texture and it showed up, I'm guessing its seamless? + Seamless textures aren't that hard to determine..