Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

[W.I.P] mp_dr_peaceful

104 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I started a new deathrun map since my latest one isn't good and people call it bad aswell whats true :dave:. Anyways I think this is a MUCH better map what I made, easy design and got some rare orignal traps aswell (and with rare I mean these traps are used in 1-2 maps).

I hope to get some GOOD feedback from you guys to improve my map, btw give a feedback about endrooms aswell. And yes.. I am going to fix the ugly view ofc (going to fix that with water, placing water until you can see only water). 

*Why I choose this theme*

Well it is a easy design and looks good though and I was going to make like this one:

peaceful_balance_by_arbebuk-d57b15o.jpg

I know it doesn't look 100% like on the picture but it looks like quite a bit. Anyways going to put a fog aswell (the same fog as at rooftops map).

I got a video aswell with working traps (not all, didn't finished them yet).

VIDEO:

http://social.xfire.com/video/62b3b5

That was really fast for you to post a new WIP :dave:

anyway make sure to take your time with the traps and the map :) and you need much more detail, the map looks meh

That was really fast for you to post a new WIP :dave:

anyway make sure to take your time with the traps and the map :) and you need much more detail, the map looks meh

Any trap suggestions? :P, and on the detail part I will work that later on.

And not a shark trap since I don't know how to make that..

Any trap suggestions? :P, and on the detail part I will work that later on.

And not a shark trap since I don't know how to make that..

ask bear to make you a shark model :dave: or find out what was used in the map jurapark, that'd be cool.

ask bear to make you a shark model :dave: or find out what was used in the map jurapark, that'd be cool.

Hmm I will try

#Bear you heard that? >: get you ass back on now muahhahahah

Btw, I will need scripting help then :D

Hmm I will try

The scripting for that would be ezpz

- Remove those iprintlnbolds every time you activate a trap

- Add fog

- Change water texture

- Replace the "barricades", that prevents players to go to the activators side, they are so ugly

- Add a C4 to the explosion trap, after trap is activated, remove it (Don't like random explosions)

- Add more wood to the left on the exploding side, looks weird, make it just a hole or something (Exploding trap)

- Change skybox texture, that one looks weird. (Good Ones: sky_armada, sky_fallujah, sky_mp_canal, or other night sky)

- Add decal on the wood

- Change wood texture... (Or create one as a custom texture)

- Make the path where jumpers walk... bigger

- Add better supports to the path (Cylinders)

- Remove those iprintlnbolds every time you activate a trap

- Add fog

- Change water texture

- Replace the "barricades", that prevents players to go to the activators side, they are so ugly

- Add a C4 to the explosion trap, after trap is activated, remove it (Don't like random explosions)

- Add more wood to the left on the exploding side, looks weird, make it just a hole or something (Exploding trap)

- Change skybox texture, that one looks weird. (Good Ones: sky_armada, sky_fallujah, sky_mp_canal, or other night sky)

- Add decal on the wood

- Change wood texture... (Or create one as a custom texture)

- Make the path where jumpers walk... bigger

- Add better supports to the path (Cylinders)

- Remove those iprintlnbolds every time you activate a trap                  #Can be done, but why ??

- Add fog                                                                                                #Can be done

- Change water texture                                                                          # Which water texture do you suggest?

- Replace the "barricades", that prevents players to go to the activators side, they are so ugly      #Which barricades?..

- Add a C4 to the explosion trap, after trap is activated, remove it (Don't like random explosions)  # Can be done

- Add more wood to the left on the exploding side, looks weird, make it just a hole or something (Exploding trap)    #Ehm I will remove more wood on the left side then or make a big hole

- Change skybox texture, that one looks weird. (Good Ones: sky_armada, sky_fallujah, sky_mp_canal, or other night sky)  #Will try it

- Add decal on the wood   #Why decal?..

- Change wood texture... (Or create one as a custom texture)  #Why to change >:

- Make the path where jumpers walk... bigger  #Idk about this

- Add better supports to the path (Cylinders)   #Still a WIP map :P

- Remove those iprintlnbolds every time you activate a trap                  #Can be done, but why ??

Because it's very annoying when you're getting shit popped up in your face all the time.

- Change water texture                                                                          # Which water texture do you suggest?

Which water texture is that? I would suggest default or really anything but that :dave:

- Add decal on the wood   #Why decal?..

Because decal makes the wood look hell of a lot better and you won't regret it in the long run.

- Change wood texture... (Or create one as a custom texture)  #Why to change >:

Its pretty ugly, not gonna lie, I agree with God a custom texture could be nice.

#Can be done, but why ?? - It's annoying? No real purpose? I think when activator press the bloody Use key, he knows what's up
#Can be done - Good
# Which water texture do you suggest? - Anything that's close to being the same as in the picture

#Which barricades?.. - that prevents players to go to the activators side, they are so ugly (Barricades are something blocks things, what in your map looks like it can block things...?)

# Can be done - Good

#Ehm I will remove more wood on the left side then or make a big hole - Hole

#Will try it - Good

#Why decal?.. - To make it look... better?
#Why to change >: - I hate that one, and it's ugly, in my opinion

#Idk about this - Your choice here

#Still a WIP map :P - I know

Ehm with Decal it means it is a bit invisible? and thats really anyoning in-game.

And what wood texture do you guys suggest?

And if someone got a good looking custom wood texutre send it to me pls

Ehm with Decal it means it is a bit invisible? and thats really anyoning in-game.

Not if you do it correctly :>

It's annoying? No real purpose? I think when activator press the bloody Use key, he knows what's up

THIS

:dumb:

And what wood texture do you guys suggest?

And if someone got a good looking custom wood texutre send it to me pls

learn how to use decals, there's some tutorials around the internet.

Sorry for double post, on my phone and cba to edit

Hmm I will try

lol, I did add a sharks trap in my new map,and I'm almost finished map ;p. (the map*)

lol, I did add a sharks trap in my new map,and I'm almost finished map ;p

Explain me how you did it? :dave:

On a good note, i like the idea of the water wave trap, looks nice but not that smooth :)

Please change the startdoor

For one, it goes through the damn floor, at the very least make it reasonable that the object can go down and is supposed to.

Secondly, the tubular wooden planks is really ugly, there's a thousand other things you could do to replace those.

I'd prefer that you be unique with your map and make an interesting start "door" using your theme but if you're too lazy and just want to move a block on the z axis then at least make your laziness look half-decent.

1) Water looks like muddy water I can find in the gutter

2) Looks really simple, like previously suggested add some decals on the wood floor, and possibly break chunks off the side of some of the planks to give them an old, rotting wood effect, with jagged edges or something

3) Wave hurts my eyes, what kind of wave goes forwards, stops for 5 seconds, and then goes back to where it came from? Start it farther down the path, and have it rise forwards as it reaches the trap, and then have it come back down about half way towards the barrels, so that people aren't stuck on the barrels trap while the wave is active.

4) Starting door....c'mon, you can do better.

5) Remove the iPrintlnbolds please... ;__;

Quit mapping. Go to youtube and watch tutorials. There's a shitload of tuts about mapping, about how to make your map nice and good looking.

>tells him to quit mapping

>tells him to watch tutorials

Instead of being a cunt and telling him to quit mapping, why not actually help and give some sort of constructive criticsism.

I haven't seen the video yet as I can't watch xfire videos on my phone. But I will at least say things that have not been said. The only way to get better is to keep going at it. And I don't think he needs people like you telling him to stop.

Where's your map dead echo? I've yet to seen one from you, I'm not saying that you have to have made a map to give criticisms. But telling him to quit is just plain rude and an awful thing to say. I would expect that from someone like BraXi.

As I said, when I do see the video. I will make sure to give feedback in the best possible way I can to help you improve on this map.

Much love.

I have made maps for Battlefield Vietnam, not in cod4. I can give criticism without making a map, that's just bullshit. He did nothing just making a lot of questions about little things which are already answered by tutorials which I mentioned in my post. Without learning you can keep making maps, it will be always awful.

I can tell you an example. The map semtex. Semtex is a Hungarian cod4 clan. Two guys from them started to watch videos about mapping and scripting and things like that. And they made an awesome map. That was their first map.

K so watched the video. It was worse than I thought. I got nothing to say, pretty much everything has been said. 

I appreciate your help guys, but what makes the map so bad looking? :/..

I will go with this list:

- Remove those iprintlnbolds every time you activate a trap  //Done\\

- Add fog  //Not yet\\

- Change water texture //Done\\

- Replace the "barricades", that prevents players to go to the activators side, they are so ugly //Not yet\\

- Add a C4 to the explosion trap, after trap is activated, remove it (Don't like random explosions) //Done\\

- Add more wood to the left on the exploding side, looks weird, make it just a hole or something (Exploding trap) //Not yet\\

- Change skybox texture, that one looks weird. (Good Ones: sky_armada, sky_fallujah, sky_mp_canal, or other night sky) //Done\\

- Add decal on the wood //Not yet, if someone got a very good tutorial send me\\

- Change wood texture... (Or create one as a custom texture) //Not yet\\

- Make the path where jumpers walk... bigger //I will think about this\\

- Add better supports to the path (Cylinders) //Not yet\\