Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

[W.I.P] mp_dr_peaceful

104 posts in this topic

Too be honest, if you searched seamless texture and it showed up, I'm guessing its seamless? + Seamless textures aren't that hard to determine..

Unfortunately, search engines aren't great at showing only what you want. If the word seamless is mentioned anywhere on the webpage of the image it will show up in the search as a seamless texture.

Seamless textures are textures that can be repeated without being too noticeable. Or in more eloquent terms, "A seamless texture is an image that can be placed side-by-side with itself without creating a noticeable boundary between two copies of the image." You need a seamless texture for radiant unless you plan on fitting the entire texture onto the brush, but remember once a texture is stretched so much it can be very ugly.

I like the idea of the map bosnian, but as others have said. Take some time.

You don't need to make BF4 Paracel Storm, they just want you to make a decent looking map with decent thought put into it.

Take caelum as an example; it's simple but well-put together.

No need for the unnecessary hate NinJa. Rather try giving some constructive criticism as members have before you, seeing as you obviously have an expert opinion on this subject. As bad as it may be, and as little effort he's putting in, at least Bosnian is TRYING to make something.

He made this topic for help and feedback on his map, not for disrespectful people like you to hate AND be sarcastic about it and then not even give any suggestions.

Let me know if this texture looks bad/meh or good:

SS 1:

129975235-4.jpg

SS2:

129975236-4.jpg

Looks decent, that water looks like some nasty ass snow. 

What water do you prefer? :>

Water texture is default

I have no idea, I just go through them all until I find one that works, remember to stretch it too. 

I have no idea, I just go through them all until I find one that works, remember to stretch it too. 

I press option "FIT" and that works ^^

I press option "FIT" and that works ^^

Please, don't use Fit... -.- Stretch +-15 (differs for each texture, I found a stretch of 15 works good for the default water texture) horizontally and vertically using the Surface Inspector.

> Inb4 tells me it looks fine using Fit, cause it doesn't.

You should make a new profile and don't change any of the settings so you can show us the screenshots in better quality. Those settings look ugly as hell and we can't determine whether it even looks good or not. 

You should make a new profile and don't change any of the settings so you can show us the screenshots in better quality. Those settings look ugly as hell and we can't determine whether it even looks good or not. 

Which settings? :/

Which settings? :/

You should make a new profile and don't change any of the settings

You should make a new profile and don't change any of the settings

:okay:..

Anyways, I got 1 original trap made by me :P, I will make a video soon.

:okay:..

Anyways, I got 1 original trap made by me :P, I will make a video soon.

NO. Make the video now

Looks cool but it needs more work in variety, it's the same thing for the whole map and it'll be really easy to speed run, I suggest adding boxes and obstacles that get in the way you have to jump over or go around.

Also, the wood texture repeats and looks ugly :v

Looks cool but it needs more work in variety, it's the same thing for the whole map and it'll be really easy to speed run, I suggest adding boxes and obstacles that get in the way you have to jump over or go around.

Also, the wood texture repeats and looks ugly :v

Ty for the feedback, and also good idea for the obstacles :o..

And I will stick to this wood texture >:, cba to change it again..

Ty for the feedback, and also good idea for the obstacles :o..

And I will stick to this wood texture >:, cba to change it again..

You seem to cba to do anything.

You seem to cba to do anything.

Then you search for me the new wood texture whats seamless and try to find a good one, then bring it to Asset manager and compile it, then retexture everthing for me and find a other wood texture in radiant for the pillars, so yea cba to do that. And the wood texture doesn't look that bad it looks middle class.

Then you search for me the new wood texture whats seamless and try to find a good one, then bring it to Asset manager and compile it, then retexture everthing for me and find a other wood texture in radiant for the pillars, so yea cba to do that. And the wood texture doesn't look that bad it looks middle class.

if you know how many times I did try textures to find the good ones,you wouldn't believe it. anyway I'll release it when I fix some errors ;/

if you know how many times I did try textures to find the good ones,you wouldn't believe it. anyway I'll release it when I fix some errors ;/

:s,  I know your feeling :P

I added about 50 custom textures in about 10 minutes :dave:

Don't believe you :Dave: