Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iMtroll

How to get a moving wallpaper!

11 posts in this topic

HELLO AGAIN! ME AGAIN. Today I'll be teaching you how to get a moving wallpaper using an application called Dreamscene 7. Please note, this only works on Windows as far as I am aware. 

Here is everything you need or and/or may want.

Dreamscene - http://www.dreamsceneseven.com/  - DEFINITELY NEED

Here's a download link to some of the wallpapers I've already downloaded for it http://www.mediafire.com/download/t43hgjhiwhtyuzc/wallpapers.rar - Not needed

Good website for more backgrounds http://www.dreamscene.org/gallery.php#downloadgallery - Not needed

STEP 1

Okay so what you'll want to do is head on down the the Dreamscene website above and download it. Now, Google may tell you it's a malicious file but it's not, the only reason it tells you this is because it modifies your wallpaper settings to allow for a video. Google chrome may try to block it and not let you download it, in which case I'm sorry but you will have to use another browser. (VERY VERY SORRY IF YOU ARE FORCED TO USE INTERNET EXPLORER LIKE I WAS).

StEP 2

Once it is downloaded, open the .exe and follow the steps. Once it is done your theme should now return to default and your new wallpaper settings should be applied. If you had a custom windows theme then you can still set this back to your theme and use the new setting.

STEP 3

Get a video that is supported by Dreamscene and right click it then click "Set as Desktop Background" and there you go. 

I'll repeat this in big text just in case some of you don't like to read properly. 

If you had a custom theme running and then this reset it, you can still go to the customize menu and change your theme back and still be able to use video wallpapers.

you trying to giv me a virus m8?

oh didnt read step1.. ty nice tut

go ahead downvote

Okay so what you'll want to do is head on down the the Dreamscene website above and download it. Now, Google may tell you it's a malicious file but it's not, the only reason it tells you this is because it modifies your wallpaper settings to allow for a video. Google chrome may try to block it and not let you download it, in which case I'm sorry but you will have to use another browser. (VERY VERY SORRY IF YOU ARE FORCED TO USE INTERNET EXPLORER LIKE I WAS).

I've been using this for a good 4 or 5 months now and there are only two problems I have encountered.

My desktop is sometimes black on startup, but all I have to do is set wallpaper as background again.

My computer is sometimes running slowly, and lagging a bit in the middle of games, but this is due to the fact I have around 20 GB left on my only HDD. Cleared about 400GB of space by reinstalling Steam before and my computer seemed fine again.

I've been using this for a good 4 or 5 months now and there are only two problems I have encountered.

My desktop is sometimes black on startup, but all I have to do is set wallpaper as background again.

My computer is sometimes running slowly, and lagging a bit in the middle of games, but this is due to the fact I have around 20 GB left on my only HDD. Cleared about 400GB of space by reinstalling Steam before and my computer seemed fine again.

no thanks,

:dave:

If you read the post, you'd see that I said the problem was caused by me running out of space, not the wallpaper thing.

Nice tutorial, I'll refer back to this if I ever need a moving wallpaper <3