Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WTF

Add b3 welcome geoip plugin

2 posts in this topic

i suggest add welcome geoip plugin; why? for this reason: impersonating, sometimes enter  a player with the same name and no admins inside and can be annoying for report or mistakes for a kick/ban, i think can be useful. Ik, actually is for id,  but more data available with this. But, tell me, what you guys think?

for example:

={Raid Bot}: Connected $name from $country

=Everyone welcome back $name, from $country. Player  number #id played $connections times

(sorry for bad english, spanish player)

No, we have admins to deal with people impersonating, soon as you connect to our server, we can see your ip address which can get us an idea where you've come from so false bans won't go out and most of our british players are admins, so if it said player is from united kingdom, people will think it's an admin, specially if it's one being undercover trying to spot rule breakers that break rules when there no admin about.

Also a little bit more about impersonating. This is the internet, people can do what they want when they want once they put their head into it. So lets say some one wants to impersonate darmuh when we have this plugin on, he'll switch over to an american VPN which then b3 will think he's from america/connected from america then all he has to do is change his name to darmuh and connect to the server. Then everyone will see "Welcome back Darmuh, from America" and everyone will assume it's darmuh and he'll act like an admin and shit like that. Where as without the plugin, people won't think it's darmuh unless darmuh proves it.