Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amnesia

Unknown wave format 2

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys :)

I've recently recompiled the DR mod and added lots of weapons.

It looked like everything worked fine, me and other people could play, but then 2 people informed me that they couldn't join the server anymore, because the game crashes.

The error is just "unknown wave format 2". I've found one topic via google, apparently there's something wrong about the new wav(e) audiofiles.

Could someone please explain the error and/or what I have to do to prevent it?

Or is it the other's guys fault? There are like 10 players who can normally play, it only crashes for the two.

Thanks in advance :)

PS:

52832e278c6279a76f9c4042039a4066.png

I would suggest taking the .wav files that are causing the problem and converting them to .wav again, this means they will be all the same type of .wav files as there are many different types. Such as multi channel .wav or mono channel .wav

Although, before converting these, I suggest that you only take my advice if you fully understand what you're doing both server-wise and sound-wise as this could only cause a bigger problem if done wrong.

P.S: Another solution would be for your friends to delete and redownload the mod? But tell them to make a backup of their levels using this topic I have created previously so that they do not lose their rank upon redownloading the mod.

I would suggest taking the .wav files that are causing the problem and converting them to .wav again, this means they will be all the same type of .wav files as there are many different types. Such as multi channel .wav or mono channel .wav

Although, before converting these, I suggest that you only take my advice if you fully understand what you're doing both server-wise and sound-wise as this could only cause a bigger problem if done wrong.

But what would I have to change in the wav settings so the game can use them the best? And I don't know which files are causing the problem :/

I'd make a backup before ofc.

P.S: Another solution would be for your friends to delete and redownload the mod? But tell them to make a backup of their levels using this topic I have created previously so that they do not lose their rank upon redownloading the mod.

One guy deleted the dr mod (only from the mods folder, not from the players folder) and redownloaded, didn't work.

Some people should upgrade their 9 years old PCs or get a 2005+ sound cards...

Try extracting a .wav from one of the iwds in "main" folder, load it in audacity and see it's settings (bitrate, channels, etc) and apply these settings to your wavs.

From what I remember CoD4 wavs are most likely: 41xxx KHz, 16bit-pcm, mono, Windows's .wav format.

"unknown wave format 2".

It's exactly what it says. It is compressed in a format that Call of Duty does not understand/is capable of playing. Simply convert it into the right format.

Some people should upgrade their 9 years old PCs or get a 2005+ sound cards...

OMG you did not just... my 1999 PC can still play these files. It has nothing to do with the sound card.

Thanks for the tips.

Apparently the audiofiles with 48.000Hz caused the problem, i converted everything to 44100Hz and the 2 guys could join.
If anyone is facing the same problem, download CDex, it allows you to convert all audiofiles at once.

Thanks again :)

It's exactly what it says. It is compressed in a format that Call of Duty does not understand/is capable of playing. Simply convert it into the right format.

OMG you did not just... my 1999 PC can still play these files. It has nothing to do with the sound card.

Tell me more, my 2004 PC couldn't run CoD4 without deleting .mp3 codec from CoD4/miles and a few games were causing BSOD....Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within was one of them and during slowmo it caused sounds to go weird, ugly, slow and BSOD following after like 3 seconds :dumb: