W.I.P mp_dr_pyramid

35 posts in this topic

cmon guys i need at least 2 more trap ideas give me some ideas. :p

COME UP WITH EM YOURSELF YA NUB

Pyramid bounces?

Go into a tomb with booby traps

-a net rises up from the ground

-tripwire traps? Like arrows shoot when triggered

-a pyramid collapses (not sure if that is possible)

spears can work with pyramids m8; much more than random ass mines anyway.

Part of being a mapper is having creativity, if you don't have that you shouldn't map. If you can't think of anything, just think of a trap that would actually make you say "Oh shit how do I pass this." A map with traps that requires you to THINK about what to do next are very good maps. Look at other maps, ones that have become well liked among everyone, and see what they do with traps. Blend ideas and create new traps with those ideas. Anything that you yourself find difficult will be a good trap. Also, remember the activator is supposed to kill with traps. Spinning and rotating objects are fine but if the activator is just pressing buttons without any killing satisfaction it gets pretty boring pretty fast.

Thank You Darmuh for proving my point of spear traps :D

Plus that is true i like traps that make me rage when activated on because then i know that the map im playing on is a good map because the traps make it difficult for the jumpers to get through, which imo is as Darmuh says a good map.

ok i will try to make a spear trap i just need to find the right model for a spear or something that looks like a spear. :dave:

Son, if you can't make a simple spear by yourself without a model, lord help you. It's a simple cylinder with a cone on top. ;_;