Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
~Budzy~

Headphone issue :/

20 posts in this topic

I recently cleaned out my pc, dust n all, after doing so, I plugged my headphones back in (3.5mm jack green) to be greeted by a static/buzzing/beeping noise in my headphones, I already know  what's causing this as I've had it before, but I have no clue how to fix it and google really isn't helping. It's becoming so annoying and I can barley listen to anything without hearing it it's that loud, and before anyone tells me to get USB headphones, I am not willing to spend any money getting new headphones/sound cards as I've never had this issue before but once. Thanks! 

if you got a phone next to your computer, try moving it away :dave:

P.S is it a constant sound?

Phone is no where near my pc, it's a constant buzzing/whine sound, I feel it's picking up interference from my GPU or PSU, but I don't see why this is happening because it was perfectly fine before I cleaned the case, and I changed nothing inside the case, all cables are connected and wired correctly. 

Make sure you haven't knocked any wires out, sounds like a electricity problem. Try testing with speakers that uses one of the jacks or something else.

EDIT: Try muting your mic, making sure sound drivers are up-to date, mute computer sounds(not headphones) etc... as well.

tried using my sub and the same thing comes through there, it has to be that it's conducting it through the wires. i just don't know why though because everything is connected properly. 

Sub? what you mean sub? :P does it use the same jack as your headphones? if so make sure your jack isn't dirty or there something else connected/touching it.

subwoofer* :P, Yeah, it uses the same jack going into my AMP, same sound, it went away a tiny bit, maybe time will tell? 

Make sure you haven't knocked any wires out, sounds like a electricity problem. Try testing with speakers that uses one of the jacks or something else.

EDIT: Try muting your mic, making sure sound drivers are up-to date, mute computer sounds(not headphones) etc... as well.

did this, even with it muted, all sounds turnt off, it still comes through, it's come back and is louder than ever, it happens on my other headphones too,.

yeah, something to do with your motherboard or something.

Take a compressed air container and blow air inside of the jack itself, also may I ask if this is a Sound Card or is it On-Board audio? Or the front panel headphone jack?

Take a compressed air container and blow air inside of the jack itself, also may I ask if this is a Sound Card or is it On-Board audio? Or the front panel headphone jack?

On board, never had an issue with it, tried to clean out the jack, nothing, can't use front audio as it's broken because I was stupid. 

On board, never had an issue with it, tried to clean out the jack, nothing, can't use front audio as it's broken because I was stupid. 

was?

1) Download the newest driver for the audio device. 

2) Unplug your speakers from the 3.5mm jack. Go into Device Manager, open up audio devices, and uninstall all of the audio drivers you have. Make SURE THE BOX IS TICKED. 

3) Shut down the computer. Unplug the PSU from the wall, and hold the power button for 30 seconds. 

4) Turn on your computer, and enter the BIOS. (If you don't know how to do this let me know, cba to explain it right now)

5) Reset BIOS settings to DEFAULT, Save and Exit.

6) Boot into windows normally, and install the driver. 

7) Plug in your headset again and see if it works. 

Tried it all, absolutely nothing, same sound, and it's really becoming annoying, it gets louder when I move my mouse/type 

Ok so I've narrowed it down to it being the PSU, if put on High performance, the whine because very very loud, when put on power save, it goes but can be heard very very faintly. Not sure what's causing this or how to fix it 

EDIT. I put it on power saver meaning it somewhat stops the noise, but my pc runs meh, if i want to play games i need to put it on high performance as I like high fps :dave:

It must be my gpu, as if i move my gpu downwards and loosen the screws, the noise gets quieter, I guess that's another thing wrong with it, im getting a new gpu soon so hopefully, it fixes it.  

Yeah, i already new it was coil wine, both from PSU and gpu, im replacing both in the next week though

> Can only play BO2 at 10fps; buys a GT 430

>Can play most games at max settings with 60fps but has slight whining noise; buys top of the range GPU and psu.

Logic.

I can play it at max settings with 200 fps (it locks at 200) 

It's just the fact that it becomes really annoying after a while, and I was upgrading my PSU and GPU anyway :P, 1000w PSU and a GTX 980

(Getting 1000w because I might SLI in the future. )