Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beatthat

I need assistance

16 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm currently using a shitty microsoft keyboard ( don't hit me ) and the logitech m500 mouse which is about to die. So, since my birthday is in a month, I was thinking of getting a new keyboard and a mouse. But honestly, i absolutely have no experience with gaming equipment. I wanted to ask you guys, what gaming keyboard for a maximum of 100€ can you suggest? ( It doesn't have to be a mechanical keyboard ) i was thinking of getting the roccat isku fx multicolor gaming keyboard ( 99,99€ ), would that be a good choice or does anyone know an alternative to it? And for the mouse i was thinking of getting the Logitech g502 ( 69,90€ ), and a logitech g240 cloth gaming mousepad which is optimized for the logitech G gaming mouse sensors ( 19,99€ ) same question again would that be a good choice, or does anyone know an alternative? 

I am currently using a Razer Deathadder 2013 and I love it to bits...

I'm also rocking the Black Widow, but I think that is out of your price range (not sure)

What happened to your keyboard with all the LED lights? :okay:

Would definitely go with razer deathadder for the mouse. As for the keyboard, I have a razer blackwidow but I dunno if it's worth it's price. I like it but I don't $130 like it.. you can turn on green lights though :)

The thing is, I have a Razer Imperator, and I absolutely love it. However, the main difference between the DeathAdder and the Imperator is the overall shape. It really depends on the way you grab your mouse, and whether you like a big, tall mouse, or a more flat mouse. Look at the Imperator and the DeathAdder from a side angle to get what I mean. The DeathAdder is way too tall for me, it really just feels awkward in my hand compared to the lower, smoother Imperator. I believe the Imperator also has a higher DPI, but I haven't looked at the two in comparison in ages so I really don't know much tech-spec wise. Here's a picture of the DA and the Imperator.

http://hothardware.com/newsimages/Item23406/Razer_DeathAdder_Side.jpg

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/screenshots/original/2009/11/RZR_Imperator_SideV.jpg

Spoilers aren't working for some reason... :(

The pictures don't do it that much justice, but if you look you can really tell how much the DeathAdder slants downwards in the front, making it more of an upside-down V-shape mouse. It really all just depends on your hand and the way you feel it. I'd recommend going to the nearest Best-Buy or something (Or the equivalent of where you live) and look at them. Razer boxes are designed so that you can put your hand on the mouse to feel it without taking it out of the box. Also, the Razer Configurator for the Imperator is nice, (I think all of the new mice use Razer Synapse 2.0 though) allowing you to create macros and adjust DPI settings and on-the-fly sensitivity changes. The Imperator has side buttons that you can move up and down the mouse depending on your thumb position, which the DA lacks. Honestly, it's really just personal opinion and I'm really biased towards the Imperator since I have it, but I feel like I'm one of the few with an Imperator though, I feel as if the DA is pretty overhyped. 

mk_wd800v2_otherviews01.jpg

microsoft wireless desktop 800 :kingdave:

25€

ive used this since 2011, no complaints so far :dumb:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBm1cd49HsxrNLAwS1xM8m4qoxiddaVmkMTZS89_8My5RcqkzPFA

Here's a slightly better view of the Deathadder and Imperator. As Cat said, the Deathadder is simply larger/taller in every way, be it the buttons or actual mouse shape. 

Probably the best thing for you to do is have a look at how your hand is holding your mouse, then take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luCxbVslSFM and determine which grip you use and ultimately which mouse would work for you. (You can skip to 1:40 in the vid)

However, all this is rendered useless if you are prepared to get a simple, cheap but good quality mouse. To be honest with you, I have never owned a gaming mouse and don't plan on doing so in the future. I know all who own one will heavily disagree with me but (depending on what you do on a day to day basis) all you need is a cost effective "office" mouse that fits your hand and does the job. What this means is a whole lot more spending can be done in other areas which (IMO) is more worth your time and money.

As for a keyboard... same as above, if not more so. All this, is nothing but a MASSIVE opinion and you don't have to agree with it to go along with it. :D

Edit: I've been using this for 6 years, and as Bear said, no problems so far. I don't expect you to get this mouse, just demonstrating how depending on your use for the mouse, simple can be/is better.

X-Scroll_1.jpg

Is there anything you're after in specific in terms of the keyboard. Do you want the keyboard to have macros, light up, braided cable etc.

Would this not be a more "sane" option? http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%AE-Precision-Gaming-Button-weight/dp/B00E290JRE/ref=pd_bxgy_computers_img_y

Price of that one PLUS a mouse pad for less. Seems to be the same quality and features...

Edit: That's the same mouse... isn't it? :ph34r:

Would this not be a more "sane" option? http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%AE-Precision-Gaming-Button-weight/dp/B00E290JRE/ref=pd_bxgy_computers_img_y

Price of that one PLUS a mouse pad for less. Seems to be the same quality and features...

Edit: That's the same mouse... isn't it? :ph34r:

It is the same mouse :P And yes, I was supposed to send the amazon link but couldn't find it. The amazon one doesn't come with a mousepad, I should know because I bought both the keyboard and the mouse and am currently using them now.

P.S. The keyboard comes with a set of replaceable buttons which have extra grip, and a little key type thing to help you lift the keys out without breaking them :)

The amazon one doesn't come with a mousepad, I should know because I bought both the keyboard and the mouse and am currently using them now.

Soz, should have been more clear http://prntscr.com/4tjxh3 >What I meant.