PsychoBastard

Hacker - constant name changer

16 posts in this topic

Just wondering, is it not possible to created a flood script for B3 so that it could automatically bans these hackers that come in flood the text area with constant name changing in attempts to make it difficult to ban them? I have to assume this is difficult or maybe not even possible because I would think it would have already been implemented.

The anti-name change should be on there, I might of removed it by accident I'll look into it.

I also believe Lossy's new admin system will recover this incident quite easily.

It's not going to be on the fun server, so no it wouldn't.

Quick view of the new admin system [Cod jumper & Death run]

You can always do !list, find the players in-game ID number and ban them that way. 

e.g., 

!k 4 Name Spam

Using the !list command will list all players currently on the server as well as a number beside their namein brackets, such as |FISH| Cat [4]. The number in brackets is the one you require. 

You can always do !list, find the players in-game ID number and ban them that way. 

e.g., 

!k 4 Name Spam

Using the !list command will list all players currently on the server as well as a number beside their namein brackets, such as |FISH| Cat [4]. The number in brackets is the one you require. 

That is what I did but its difficult to determine who the real hacker is when he is constantly changing his nickname to those of other gamers in the lobby.   This causes confusion and could lead to innocent people being banned.

Thanks for the tip. I've noticed that some hackers auto quit as soon as they see a !list command, then they come back using another random name. I usually spec the first person to enter the lobby but its a tedious task when I could be playing instead :) Hopefully the anti name changing script can be installed which would free up me needing to ban manually.

Lossy is the anti name changing script set to auto perm ban? If so what is the allowable number of name changes per unit of time?

What i'll do when i get the time is make is so when you join the server you'll see "player name has joined the game [server ID]" then what ever appears in server id is what you can use to kick with b3 e.g if i joined and it said "[Raid]Lossy has joined the game [4]" and i was name changing, you'll do !Kick 4 name change

But yes the name change perm bans you after you name change about 6 times depending on how fast you change your name.

EDIT: the anti-name change is on the server but appears but very slow, i'll fix it after i do the deathrun update.

95b394e3290e9f61f8257d51735f8b2d.png

Done, also thinking of a new method to make an anti name change respond faster as it just react a bit too slow but i did kinda mess up so got to wait for some one to actually do it :P

69e319b1fd117e18a7f5e550ed3521bc.png

my fail :okay:

If you don't want people to see you type !list, do it in the console :) Just don't put the / in front of it lke you're doing a command. Just type !list into the console, since console also works as a chat-box. Then you can push Shift + ~ to see it all at once if many players are chatting so you can see :)

If you don't want people to see you type !list, do it in the console :) Just don't put the / in front of it lke you're doing a command. Just type !list into the console, since console also works as a chat-box. Then you can push Shift + ~ to see it all at once if many players are chatting so you can see :)

that isn't on the fun server because people are actually mature there and don't spam binds like crazy compared to the other servers :dave: