Arnold

Same maps over and over again!! :angryarnold: ARGH!!!!

28 posts in this topic

remove :angryarnold:

damn  :angryarnold:

map vote  :angryarnold:

DONT WANT TO PLAY 9 OUT OF 10 MATCHES IN STRIKE :angryarnold:  :angryarnold:  :angryarnold:

also reduce jump height >:C 200 would be fun enough :angryarnold:

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!  :angryarnold:  :angryarnold:  :angryarnold:

You don't like strike eh? :c, Good map bro

And 200 jump height isnt a good idea the games would be a hella lot slower

Disagree with you here Bear

Find only few times actually playing Strike over and over in the course of, give or take, ten maps

As for jump height, only map I find partial issue with the height is on ambush when I collide into the barrier above the base map area

Everything else is fine and don't find any particular issues

Perhaps decreased by 50-100 (Jump height) would be decent compromise, but again, think it's fine the way it is

Also, title says "Same maps over and over again!!!" 

What other maps are being repeated? Only one is mentioned

the main problem of the voting thingy is that there are ONLY 3 MAPS AT A TIME, AND ONE OF THEM IS ALWAYS SHOWDOWN, STRIKE OR BOTH :angryarnold: :Angryarnold:

and the jump height....

ThgFuEx.jpg

the main problem of the voting thingy is that there are ONLY 3 MAPS AT A TIME, AND ONE OF THEM IS ALWAYS SHOWDOWN, STRIKE OR BOTH :angryarnold: :angryarnold:

and the jump height....

ThgFuEx.jpg

Ah, if I pieced the image and hidden messages together, then Bear is a confirmed camper

Must be how gets such high k/d in FUN server :troll:

Ah, if I pieced the image and hidden messages together, then Bear is a confirmed camper

Must be how gets such high k/d in FUN server :troll:

mainly just bored of skeet shooting.. might switch to a regular server :okay:

mainly just bored of skeet shooting.. might switch to a regular server :okay:

Then I will join and mess with all of you :troll:

Someone agrees to have KillTheKing server? LOSSY MAKE IT :angryarnold:

Someone agrees to have KillTheKing server? LOSSY MAKE IT :angryarnold:

Not that I'd play on it, but I think it would be very popular and Raid would benefit from a KtK server :3

If you get rid of the voting please remove the shipment map. :) I hate that map. Its not too bad with 6-8 people but more than twelve and it becomes a clusterfuk. What other maps except overgrown work well with high jump?

If you get rid of the voting please remove the shipment map. :) I hate that map. Its not too bad with 6-8 people but more than twelve and it becomes a clusterfuk. What other maps except overgrown work well with high jump?

playable: overgrown, winter crash

decent: creek, countdown, crossfire, bloc, chinatown

crap: strike, showdown, district, broadcast, backlot, ambush, crash

unplayable: shipment, vacant

missing: wet work, bog, pipeline, downpour, killhouse

No not BLOC nor shipment

Yeah chinatown I forgot about that one. That's a good one.

I disagree ambush, crash, vacant, and broadcast are decent maps

No not BLOC nor shipment

Yeah chinatown I forgot about that one. That's a good one.

I disagree ambush, crash, vacant, and broadcast are decent maps

bloc is actually quite decent with the high jump. tall buildings -> jumping doesnt necessarily mean a certain death. same applies for chinatown.

ambush: you hit that damn invisible roof. jump and youre dead.

crash: jumping against the bright sky is a suicide, unlike in WINTER crash, which is a good map.

vacant: the team which starts from the inside of the building is doomed to lose. jump and youre dead.

broadcast: pretty much all the fighting happens outside, on the right side of the map. jump and youre dead or stuck on an invisible wall.

strike: too many roofs -> you cant get on roofs without jumping -> players camp on roofs -> jumping = death

showdown: ^ + players can go in places you cant see them but they can see and kill you (like behind the tall building in opfor spawn or the construction site behind marines)

Its not so much that I hate the bloc map itself I hate dark bluish maps with no color in general. That's why I hated treyarch maps in BO1. showdown I agree is not a bad map but there are a lot of those places where people go to look through walls. It doesn't bother as much anymore but I agree. Strike I don't mind the roof campers they are easy to kill :)

I'll make it so highjump only works on some maps or the jump height is different depending on the map? :dave:

I'll make it so highjump only works on some maps or the jump height is different depending on the map? :dave:

no, you go and set the jump height to 200-300 max :angryarnold: 

why not just set it to 250 and see if people complain it being too low :okay:

no ples, the community would hate if the high jump was gone on certain maps IMO

do some testing with bear n see what the suitable jump height will be

You're not allowed to fix the fun server maps until you do deathrun first..

pls fun server has like 12 maps deathrun has like 60...

no ples, the community would hate if the high jump was gone on certain maps IMO

do some testing with bear n see what the suitable jump height will be

Shouldn't the regular players on the server have an impact on the matter?

Although Bear is admin, seems bit unfair to change FUN server based on one player's opinion (Jump height)

Perhaps Thomas could add separate vote plugin for FUN server to see if players want to keep it as is, or change it

Or main FUN server players that are registered on the site can give their opinions as well

Shouldn't the regular players on the server have an impact on the matter?

Although Bear is admin, seems bit unfair to change FUN server based on one player's opinion (Jump height)

Perhaps Thomas could add separate vote plugin for FUN server to see if players want to keep it as is, or change it

Or main FUN server players that are registered on the site can give their opinions as well

We already have the voting system on maps which is ok atm, but if the same maps are constantly being replayed then it needs to be changed e.g. on black ops 2 "you cant vote for this map because it was played previously" or something.

this will take time and thought :D

We already have the voting system on maps which is ok atm, but if the same maps are constantly being replayed then it needs to be changed e.g. on black ops 2 "you cant vote for this map because it was played previously" or something.

this will take time and thought :D

?

"Although Bear is admin, seems bit unfair to change FUN server based on one player's opinion (Jump height)

Perhaps Thomas could add separate vote plugin for FUN server to see if players want to keep it as is, or change it"

Was referring to how deathrun has !like and !dislike (In the terms of how the plugin and or additional commands would function), FUN server could have similar feature but with jump height being voted on by the players themselves

?

"Although Bear is admin, seems bit unfair to change FUN server based on one player's opinion (Jump height)

Perhaps Thomas could add separate vote plugin for FUN server to see if players want to keep it as is, or change it"

Was referring to how deathrun has !like and !dislike (In the terms of how the plugin and or additional commands would function), FUN server could have similar feature but with jump height being voted on by the players themselves

i think the vote idea is good, but it should be done while using the lowered the jump height. console spamming something like "type !like if you like the reduced jump height or type !dislike if the higher jump height was better" for a week and revert the changes if most of the players disliked the lower jump height

IF the vote is made while using the jump height as it is now, players will most likely think it will be changed into something boring like old-school gamemode jump height

i just joined fun and they asked for new maps ;-;

i said "would u guys like maps like pipeline and wetwork to be added?" and the response was all yes... 

Add more maps and do something with the voting system so the same are currently replayed

/endofdisccusionfrompurity

Added winter crash, pipeline and wetwork. Removed shipment