Grezwal

TIPS on how to report a hacker

25 posts in this topic

When reporting a hacker to the Raid website you need to remember that you need to,

Make A Demo

The reason behind making a demo is so that if said player tries to appeal admins have proof that he was infact hacking. (also remember to keep your demos short and to the point)
TO Start And Stop

2i27o93.png
AND TO STOP
2dliu0l.png

Check Your Demo

Checking your demo is in my opinion required, by checking your demo you are making sure that the proof you have gathered is referable (easy to see that the the player is in fact hacking.)
Easiest convenience is Cod4player

15n0uop.png

Contact An admin

You can find the admin contacts at http://raid-gaming.net/admins/

(If an admin is not online submit a ticket)  http://raid-gaming.net/forums/index.php?app=tickets

you can either use Teamspeak 3 or Xfire

You can contact an admin quickly by using Teamspeak 3 if you are uncomfortable using Teamspeak obviously use the shoutbox or make a report at http://www.raid-gaming.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23
2qatydt.jpg

Making a Ticket

When making a ticket be sure to choose the appropriate topic

Most common reports are under [Cod4]

Also when making your report title it something relative like 

examplename Wallhack/aimbot 

9r3gyb.png

Teamspeak 3 Download
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads 
Cod4 Player
http://www.cybopat.net/vb_cod4player_eng.php 
How to upload

I personally prefer sendspace but you may use whatever file hosting site you prefer.
  https://www.sendspace.com

Finding your demos

You can veiw your demos in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty 4\main\demos    Just paste that into your file veiwer and it should take you there.

Change topic name because it isn't the official way to report a hacker or any rule breakers

thats what it was originally.

but i'll change it to

Tips on How to report a hacker.

it was actually How to report a hacker the PROPER way or something like that :>

This helps people greatly. Unless you're like me, have a mac, are not able to take screenshots and recordings, or unable to download programs such as the Cod 4 player or gyazo :dave: But other than that it's a great 'how to' :>

This helps people greatly. Unless you're like me' date=' have a mac, are not able to take screenshots and recordings, or unable to download programs such as the Cod 4 player or gyazo :dave: But other than that it's a great 'how to' :>

[/quote']

gyazo is for mac as well. You can record demos on any version of cod4 through console commands.

Darmuh, Grezwal, or anyone could help me and how to find the recorded videos/screenshots of the game on my computer? I have team viewer if that would help much. A while back Cat and I were trying to find it on teamviewer looking in all of my folders/applications and all, but found nothing. I have searched on Google of whereto find it but there are no updated descriptions to where to locate it on my mac version. I think that this would help me very much because I check the fun server quite often and there are usually a guy or two with wall hacks or roccat/aimbot. The lack of evidence deter me from being able to file a ban request on the forums. I am aware I could notify someone on xfire, but not at all times are there an admin online. So knowing where my screenshots and recording from in-game playings would be very much helpful.

Any help is appreciated :)

I never tried xfire in-game on mac but on windows you can record videos and take screens with xfire and they are automatically uploaded to the internet.

I have win7 and the cod4 demos is saved here:

Demos recorded in Fun server:

c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos\

Demos recorded in Deathrun server:

c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\raid-gaming-dr\demos\

For Mac users

The best practice to find demos of a cheater you recorded is to name the demo files after him, i.e. the demo of this cheater should be named player123.dm_1. To record a demo, join the Spectator team and follow the suspected player. Then open your console and execute the following command: /record player123

To open your console, you will have to activate it first. Go to your game's Options and set Enable Console to Yes. You can then open it by pressing the tilde key (~).

Once you executed the /record command, the game will start recording your screen to the file you specified and indicate the size of the demo in the lower left corner of the screen.

When you finished recording and got all the proof you needed, stop it by executing /stoprecord.

Viewing Demos
To view the demo you just recorded, run /demo player123. The problem is that this will return the error message "demos/player123.dm_1 not found.".

For some reason demos can only be viewed in the ModWarfare mod. By default, your recorded demos will be stored in:
[Retail Version] /Applications/Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty 4 Data/main/demos/
[Mac App Store Version] /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4/main/demos/

In order to be able to view them, you have to copy them to the demos folder in your ModWarfare folder. If the folder doesn't exist yet, simply create it.
[Retail Version] /Applications/Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty 4 Data/Mods/ModWarfare/demos/
[Mac App Store Version] /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4/Mods/ModWarfare/demos/

Then start the game and click on Mods. Select ModWarfare and hit Launch.

In the ModWarfare screen, open the console and execute /demo player123.

Tips

Copying each demo before being able to view it can be a pain. To skip that step, you could create a symbolic link from the ModWarfare demo folder to the main demo folder. Open your Terminal and execute the following command (the upper one for the retail version, the lower one for the Mac App Store version):
ln -s /Applications/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4\ Data/main/demos/ /Applications/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4\ Data/Mods/ModWarfare/demos
ln -s /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/main/demos/ /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/Mods/ModWarfare/demos

If you followed the tutorial and created the demos folder in the ModWarfare folder, you will get an error saying "File exists". Simply remove the folder and re-execute the command (the upper one for the retail version, the lower one for the Mac App Store version):
rm -R /Applications/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4\ Data/Mods/ModWarfare/demos
ln -s /Applications/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4\ Data/main/demos/ /Applications/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4\ Data/Mods/ModWarfare/demos
rm -R /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/Mods/ModWarfare/demos
ln -s /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/main/demos/ /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/Mods/ModWarfare/demos

Hints

The Library folder in your user folder is hidden by default. To access it, click on Go, hold down the Alt-Key and click on Library.

All credit goes to Krauersaut

Pinned and b-b-b-b-b-b-umped

Should be helpful for new forum users and so forth that wish to report nubckers