SPi

Cod4 Rooftops Campaign (WIP)

43 posts in this topic

Hi Guys I just registered here. I hope its  fun.

Id like to share with you my work On Call of Duty 4, I am working on a WIP project about a Singleplaer Campaign mappack on cod4. There are 2 Demos out you can test. (Download the latest Demo, the 2nd Demo is a longer and imporved version of the 1st Demo) 

IMPORTAND NOTE: Please be gentle with your judgement. I putted a lot of effort on this. Its Both Mapping and Video Editing, very hard for one person to make. Also Singleplayer maps need far more work than Multiplayer Maps. I hope you guys like this.

More info and footage in the links and videos below.

Site-Blog: http://spi-custommaps.blogspot.gr/2013/04/call-of-duty-4-custom-maps.html

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9gZU1yYJ7JbWW8Bf-xXY4g

2nd Demo Trailer. (Latest Trailer): http://youtu.be/K-uzAsa1-vg

Teaser Trailer: http://youtu.be/vcwEtPuVrTI

Thanks.

Hey SPi! I seen you at UGX :) Very nice work on your campaign

Woow, blew me away man, looks epic!

I'm finding it hard to find anything bad about it, all I can really say is add a little more detail but what you have now is outstanding, good work!

Now after playing the demo.. I do have some things i would like to point out so in the full release of the campaign it would look more professional. First off when you first start, it doesnt make sense to just spawn there if you know what I mean. Try to add detail on how the character who is saving his other friends got there in the first place. Like add rope to the roof where you spawn, etc. Second of all the enemy AI is kinda awkward. When a new objective is happening, the AI just spawn out of no where. Try to make it where the AI has to see you first and ambush you because that would make more sense. Just some thoughts I have for now. If I find anything more i'll comment. Im just saying this to you because I fell this has a lot of potential and it would be best to make it as good as possible.

Deleted this comment because I get downvotes FFS..

Anyways, welcome to raid-forums!

Thank you all for your comments. I really love the fact that you liked it.

@siikdUde Understood ponts, i kept the mystery of how you went there for the Demos. In the finall release it will be really clear how you got there, with a very significant ingame scene. If u mean the stairs at the start by saying jump down, its the official 3 year old design unfortunately i dont plan to change it.

The AIs at the very first street that rush out of corrner yes they are sudden and panic ya, ive heared same comment before, i will make a radio sound of enemy reinseforcements so their presense will be explained (ill also try to make em sneak and then attack).

At the CS italy Ambush scene i dont know i may make it more cinematic like a booby trap, after that any enemy spawners will be excused cos youre officialy spotted. So hey will supposed to be reinseforcements.

And pliz i cant make it look a lot better. Those fixes yes but a lot more than this, i cant. Im not a pro im an amateur. It will look like an amateur work as it must normally look like, That does not mean it will have silly and odd looking phases ;) .

Thanks again :)

Hey dude, welcome to Raid forums!

Enjoy your stay and good luck on your campaign ;)

Hi there

I'm not a SP kinda guy and hardly ever touch the campaign of CoD but after reading some of these comments... I think I may give it a try. Nevertheless, I won't let my preferences get in the way of someone's hard work and effort so, well done! An outstanding job! ;)

I watched Staab play the map and my only two points are.

1. Change the planks more, they shouldn't be all the same size thickness rotatedness etc.

2. Add physics objects like cans and baskets on the vents so when everybody is shooting there's stuff flying all over the place.

Other than that it looks really fun!

Very impressive based on the trailer, haven't felt so exited for the release of a campaign since Black Ops 1 (hopefully this won't be a disappointment like that was though).

And also welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Thanks again to the rest,

@JWofles Planks have good variety of rotating and positions, Plus the next Rooftops battle in the final release has even more variety. Either way, I dont have  enough time to take care of so many small detail and de-focus me from peparing the main stuff. Ill repeat myself and say that im not  pro. Im an amateur. Plus, physics in cod 4 is far more stricked than the new games. For example MW1 does not support dynamic plant pots. MW2 does. I cant do much about it. We are used to such dynamic environment from the new releases. I will ofcourse see what i can do about it like add a few more dynamic models. we'll see.

Thanks. 

Love it. This has actually inspired me in a way to attempt to make a single player map.

Is it possible to link me some websites of which you learnt from?

edit: sorry, just realised I bumped this ._.

Glad to see you've registered here! I've been checking your rooftops topic on modsonline.com from time to time :)

Good luck.

SPi

Member Since 21 Sep 2014

OFFLINE Last Active Sep 22 2014 01:46 PM

He only registered to promote his maps. They are good though.

He only registered to promote his maps. They are good though.

Yeh im registered to many forums. I cant have time to browse to em all. Besides i mostly offline, I usually make my maps.

Hi all. As some of u know im working on Cod 4 Rooftops Mappack. A singleplayer campaign Mappack  for cod4.

So i have really good progress lately and i made this new Video about the 3rd Demo of the mappack id like to show you.

3rd Demo unofficial trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyxCwEGZ468

More info and footage here:

Site-Blog: http://spi-custommaps.blogspot.gr/2013/04/call-of-duty-4-custom-maps.html

I may have posted a post like this before but now i show the new Demo trailer so its not the same.

You can download the 2nd and Latest so far Demo from the videos description or from the site linked.

Thanks.

Looks spectacular, love the detail and lighting!
Only thing is, do you need that many crates?

looks nice tbh, gotta agree with waffles, too many crates perhaps put some more vehicles there or differnet types of weaponary

Eh, center of the campaign (Where all the crates and water fountain are located) seems as if supply compound section

Where, even if it wasn't, doesn't seem like too many crates

Enough vehicles and tables to justify that amount of crates

However, would appear more visually appealing if you had more of them stacked upon one another, instead of spread out in what appears to be obvious cover for both you (Player and team) and the opposing enemy 

The rest of the map looks beautiful but I feel like the crates are a little out of place + they're all the same. If that is a supply place or whatever, maybe you should add decorative (or pick up) weapons and ammo around the place so when you're not fighting you can go around and explore c;4fc288516a1d59b8d8bb0104ad318580.png

Thank you for sharing this with us! Absolutely great work, I'm truly impressed (not that it means anything)! You've inspired me to open up radiant and get going with a couple of my projects again too, I can't wait for the final product.

Damn...very nice work for ( as you call it ) an amateur. Really loved the trailer, will try it when i get the time!