SPi

Cod4 Rooftops Campaign (WIP)

43 posts in this topic

Thank u all for the comments.

Yeah maybe i need to think something about those crates.

But it is the main Enemy compound where all supplies and patrols are being organised. Though it can be visually improved (concerning crates).

Note that this area wont be easy to explore. Half of it will be viewed from the player while giving sniper support and the other half will be viewed normally from ground but under heavy enemy fire, so not many exploration is included. There will be Easter eggs around the 4 maps, and those are made for 'exploration'.

Thank you again. Make sure to check the rest vids and footage in the site linked.

Thank u all for the comments.

Yeah maybe i need to think something about those crates.

But it is the main Enemy compound where all supplies and patrols are being organised. Though it can be visually improved (concerning crates).

Note that this area wont be easy to explore. Half of it will be viewed from the player while giving sniper support and the other half will be viewed normally from ground but under heavy enemy fire, so not many exploration is included. There will be Easter eggs around the 4 maps, and those are made for 'exploration'.

Thank you again. Make sure to check the rest vids and footage in the site linked.

Should put some trees down or sandbags to help replace the crates

Should put some trees down or sandbags to help replace the crates

Yeah ive thought about it but it will block the view of City Hall and i dont want that. Besides there will be choppers flyin low so trees would be a problem.

Yeah ive thought about it but it will block the view of City Hall and i dont want that. Besides there will be choppers flyin low so trees would be a problem.

What about millitary tents? are they low enough?

What about millitary tents? are they low enough?

Yeah i can do that.

A new trailer i made. hope you like it and i hope i am not samming the forums of the site with rooftops :P

I did the easy way and merge all 3 topics together :)

Keep up the good work SPI!

I did the easy way and merge all 3 topics together :)

Keep up the good work SPI!

Eh, okey I hope people will still come back to this to post comments about new vids and releases.

They will, you can also edit your first post as well! :)

The rest of the map looks beautiful but I feel like the crates are a little out of place + they're all the same. If that is a supply place or whatever, maybe you should add decorative (or pick up) weapons and ammo around the place so when you're not fighting you can go around and explore c;4fc288516a1d59b8d8bb0104ad318580.png

This reminds me of a level on sniper elite v2, when you have to protect the guy with the glasses in the tall building...

Hi all,

Some of you may know im working on a singleplayer mappack for cod4 "Rooftops"

Well I didnt payed much attention on good and well thought scenario/story but i did payed attention to make it epic and cool for the player.

So the scenario is not very realistic (i dont mean supernatural stuff i mean like Soviet union still exists in 2011) but it is good to make it look epic.

Though i have some gaps like some questions that come up to which i cant find explanation.

So the point is that i will give a short description of the story and id like ideas from you guys to help me make this stand:

"In 2009 Six agents from CIA, MI6, and SAS met in a mysterious conflict with KGB in the middle of London that was covered from the agencies. When they met they were all reassigned to SAS and they established a small National and European Security Camp in Western Greece. They were named Task Force 99. Two years later they got involved in the plans of an Evil Russian/Soviet General with evil intentions who had secretly established a huge military camp in an abandoned Italian City, in Sicily. Thus starting a Cold War between the SAS - Task Force 99 and the Soviets. "

So What i want help on is to explain the following:

1: Why will the task force will not inform the rest of the SAS or the UN to help em.   ( i want it to stay between the badguys and the task Force 99 like there is no option of asking help from others cos of a danger, i dont know what danger there should be.)

2: Why is the Evil soviet general gathering army and then establishing a secret nuclear base in South -west Greece? (that will happen in my maps, any ideas why the badguy will do that and where he wants the nuclear missile to go) - (i was thinking of an attack in Greece but its not good then i though of WW3 but how to involve the nuke and army in sicily?)

3: Can an SAS Camp stand legally in (out of britain) European soil?

Give your ideas id like to hear em and i would appreciate the help.

NOTE: Our purpose is not to make a super realistic story just make things epic and cool with some basic realism. 

So What i want help on is to explain the following:

1: Why will the task force will not inform the rest of the SAS or the UN to help em.   ( i want it to stay between the badguys and the task Force 99 like there is no option of asking help from others cos of a danger, i dont know what danger there should be.)

1.) Possible corruption (Or double-agents) within the SAS/UN

Since it is a "cold war" and a lot of espionage and corruption took place in the last one (Between America and Russia mainly), would make sense

By trying to contact them or others, they're putting their position and team at risk 

2.) The soviets could have depicted Task Force 99 as terrorists or a rogue government force set out for it's own interest (Mercenaries) and have the masses believe it 

Due to this, SAS/UN want Task Force 99 discontinued and it's members dishonorably discharged (Mainly for offense of desertion)

To avoid such and finish what they started, Task Force 99 now has to do it alone and avoid notifying both the terrorists and their allies 

2: Why is the Evil soviet general gathering army and then establishing a secret nuclear base in South -west Greece? (that will happen in my maps, any ideas why the badguy will do that and where he wants the nuclear missile to go) - (i was thinking of an attack in Greece but its not good then i though of WW3 but how to involve the nuke and army in sicily?)

1.) Nuclear weapons are a good way to start a war and during most wars, supporting countries' (and sometimes those in which are directly involved) experience economic growth (In such, could further obtain currency and allies for Russia by "helping out" those in the new war)

The army itself could be soviet mercenaries wanting war as does the General, for both their country's success and (Since most mercenaries work in self-interest) money for themselves

Perhaps the Soviet General have gotten access to build this such said nuclear base by a high ranking government idealist from Greece who believe this would be the best way to return stability to his country (Allowing the General to start a war on Greece's behalf to help boost their economy due to increased jobs and manufacturing output, not the brightest government official :dave: )

Slightly realistic motivation since Greece did go through a massive money crisis a while back and required large bailout 

The nuke itself could be sent to any country with history of allies, perhaps country within Arab League to slightly change things up

2.) He (The General) could have invaded multiple countries in the name of Russia and decided to begin nuclear weapon construction in Greece

With the belief of Russia deserving it's own form of manifest destiny and rule over others, war (Both regular and nuclear) is something worth obtaining what he believes is his country's destiny 

3: Can an SAS Camp stand legally in (out of britain) European soil?

Well, depends on the country and agreements made

Great Britain has a military base in Germany

So, wouldn't be too out of the box for like wise to be in other European countries but with SAS

In addition, joint-military forces and bases exist, so another possibility of sorts

Good points.

1) nice ideas but i talked this one with others and it came out that it will either be personal or that if they inform the authorities there will be war, so they decide to end it silently and under cover. (it fits better with the stuff already made in maps )

2)  I like the 1st one a lot, very cool. It can be explained at the 3rd release, at origins map (Which name is "deal" and has been designed many months ago - Still a WIP i wait for Main maps to be released first) where we will learn how the general and the high ranking government idealist from Greece had a deal.

3) Good i guess its okey.

Thanks.