JakeARmer

Map Idea

9 posts in this topic

I posted something similar to this on Rv, but my original idea was a volcano map.

Have it to where you scale up the volcano around the outside, swirling up to the top. Each trap should consist of what an actual volcano does. Lava flowing onto the trail, rocks falling, collapsing spots that would end up being a strafe, etc. In the final room, possibly use some Black ops 1-2 zombie P-a-P skins on the guns to add to the aesthetic point.

I think this would be a cool map. Hopefully someone sees that this map may be a good idea and tries it.

I like this idea. if i get back into mapping ill see what i can do.

Seems like a good idea when you imagine it but...

It really needs much work, like making effects and moving things, such as lava, rocks and other things.

So, I don't think anybody would make it^^

Problem with things like this, is no one in the cod4/5 mapping community has enough skill to pull it off properly.

Sure someone could make a rock fall on the path but that's been done a hundred times before. I'd be expecting lava flying everywhere, ash clouds etc etc.

I hope someone can prove me wrong here.

@@Sentrex I'm sure there are some who can, just they can't be bothered to take the time to learn it or just don't have interest in general. I'd like to give it a go but mapping is tedious for me.

Ive already started it... it will probably be my project for the next year but ill get it finished... Still just trying to get the scaling right for the mountain... I thought i had a good size but when i loaded just the mountain it was actually like the size from countdown... maybe a little bigger.

so good)

Please don't bump old threads with posts in which don't have too much relevance to the thread itself ^^