Purity

Populate the Fun server

26 posts in this topic

The fun server used to be a popular server on raid, always 15+ people on it but it's slowly dying and boring now, only 10 players max most of the time.

IMO we should try and re-populate the server, branch out the community to Fun again instead of just focusing on DR.

Even sitting in spectate will populate the server so u dont have an excuse not to :3

Share your opinions / ideas i wanna hear them :) 

-Pur

redirect servers

Not much you can do other than playing/spectating on it as much as possible. As (I think) Anti said, the playerbase mainly consisted of randoms on the search for TDM... I'm sure majority of regulars have found out about the move.

You can put B3/manu, whatever you use, banners up on the other servers namely Deathrun, advertising the FUN FUN server + IP if not already done.

There is also of course, word of mouth. Perhaps the strongest means of advertising... speak up and SPREAD THE WORD! :D

redirect servers

already done that, only difference with ours you can actually leave the server oh and the servers goes down of 4th of april :troll:

On a serious note the server is picking up players again compared to the old server, but the main problem is cheaters, when ever there a cheater in there with aimbot or what ever, it emptys the server quickly. :davesir:

already done that, only difference with ours you can actually leave the server oh and the servers goes down of 4th of april :troll:

On a serious note the server is picking up players again compared to the old server, but the main problem is cheaters, when ever there a cheater in there with aimbot or what ever, it emptys the server quickly. :davesir:

That problem should hopefully be fixed when the new admins come into place :>

The FUN server isn't my most favourite of servers, but I'm willing to play if it helps

Populate Zombies server*

it isn't a official server yet depending if troll wants to fix problems with it or not :dave:

fun fun too ez pz lmn sqwz

make csgo fun fun community comp serv and i'll lurk there all day all night :angryarnold:

Remove the oldschool servers for Cod4 if you want population, put Rotu Revolution and there goes the population, boom. http://www.rotu-revolution.com/

People want more then oldschool now, oldschool is litteraly dead by now, and trust me alot of people like RotuR, look at FNRP's server for RotuR

fnrp is bad and you should feel bad :angryarnold:

C S G O :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD: :ANGRYARNOLD:

Remove the oldschool servers for Cod4 if you want population, put Rotu Revolution and there goes the population, boom. http://www.rotu-revolution.com/

People want more then oldschool now, oldschool is litteraly dead by now, and trust me alot of people like RotuR, look at FNRP's server for RotuR

You should do your research before commenting.

http://i.gyazo.com/0446e4e95ca8e9a3b600cd5feaa23298.png

Out of all them servers abouyt 70% of them are stock (not sure why you're callling it old school lol) and if you play stock servers now days you'll see most of them has been modified like a mod and have hud menus, custom killstreaks, bug fixes and other stuff to keep gameplay fresh.

You should do your research before commenting.

Wow you managed to completely sum up Bosnian in 7 words, I'm impressed.

Wow you managed to completely sum up Bosnian in 7 words, I'm impressed.

Denied,

I call oldschool because of the normal maps and only height jump added :p

But yet Oldschool has weapon and perk spawns... With a slightly bumped up jump height... We don't run any oldschool servers to remove anyway :wat:

The fun server doesn't interest me as much as the other servers.

You never wished as a kid to fly and reach the stars?

To be a spaceman fighting off evil aliens?

To become the savior of the galaxy?

While you still can't do it, can come pretty close with the FUN server :troll:

The fun server does need more good admins.  What Lossy said about hackers is very true.  When I'm playing its not uncommon for me to ban 1 or 2 per hour and I'm not always out.  When I start playing there is only a couple players but it fills up fast when admins are present.  Since the master server list issue was fixed I noticed more players joining up.   I try to welcome all the new players and try to make it enjoyable for them so they come back.

When is the freeze bug at the beginning of the round going to be fixed?  Lots of people get frozen and get stuck.  I tell them to go to spec mode and come back but again I'm not always online.

When is the freeze bug at the beginning of the round going to be fixed?  Lots of people get frozen and get stuck.  I tell them to go to spec mode and come back but again I'm not always online.

Fixed it and uploaded, appears i commented something out during my testing that i forgot to uncomment :P

The fun server used to be a popular server on raid, always 15+ people on it but it's slowly dying and boring now, only 10 players max most of the time.

IMO we should try and re-populate the server, branch out the community to Fun again instead of just focusing on DR.

Even sitting in spectate will populate the server so you dont have an excuse not to :3

Share your opinions / ideas i wanna hear them :)

-Pur

I prefer 12-18 players, over that and I find the maps are too small and the spawns start to frig up.  Its just a bunch of spawn and dieing.  This is why I chose RAID because it wasn't filled to 30+ players like some other servers

Can we add the bog map please. people have been asking for it.

It was originally in the rotation but too much glitching/out of map shit happened so it was removed, although im sure barriers can be added etc if it's a popular demand.

On the note, as psycho said when im on and play about 3-4 maps i always ban at least one hacker, so if myself or another admin isnt on the server and one hacker comes the majority will leave. This is due to inactive admins / lack of admins - which im waiting to be solved in the new applications :D

Anyways, i think when master server is fixed Fun will be more active. 

Anyways, i think when master server is fixed Fun will be more active. 

Master server been fixed for over a month now :facepalm:

Master server been fixed for over a month now :facepalm:

:mellow:  <_<  :cry:  :facepalm:

Another thing I noticed is that when there are few players, some of the more spacious maps, like Creek and Countdown, (which are both big camping maps) tend to bog down the game.  I've been in games with these maps where it's taken a long time with 2-3 players on each side.  Much as we get tired of the original maps like district, they accommodate small player counts a lot better.