Lossy

Death Run server update topic

163 posts in this topic

You are saying true things, but some maps became so annoying, so there are two groups of people - first group is tired and wants new maps, and second group prefer to play these maps.. Mostly, second group contains newer players, that entered Raid Deathrun in 2015 or 2014...We just need to make a pleasure for both.

changing xp values does nothing as already proven with trying to get players to activate.

changing xp values does nothing as already proven with trying to get players to activate.

You've proven XP doesn't work with activating. You haven't proven it doesn't work with map voting.

That could would too.

I don't see how you(Lossy) can rule out an entire idea because something vaguely similar failed.

I've tried to sort out a lot of problems with deathrun by giving more XP and every single time it has failed, so why waste my time with a new map vote system based on XP?

Things i've tried with maps in the past

Set rotation - becomes boring because maps are always played around the same time and people would complain that they missed their favourite map

Default map vote system - Same problem now but worse

Put unpopular maps only on the server - lost a lot of population

Have 6 different map rotations with 10 different maps - Has worked the best as it's made the top 5 most popular maps played less but now we have around 15 of the same maps constantly played

Put around the most popular maps in the same rotation and the unpopular ones in the same rotation which didn't actually change anything.

Honestly, it's a map vote, the most vote wins end off, i don't see any reasoning of trying to force players to vote for maps they don't want on or make them vote even more randomly hoping they get the map they want.

You want people to vote for maps you want to play? get them on your side.

With the mapvote, i don't want to try and force others to vote unpopular maps, i don't want to turn it from map vote system to completely random vote system. But imo there a balance between popular and unpopular maps otherwise the top 5 most played maps would be played more and you have to remember there like 20 popular maps played on raid server, that's more than any other active deathrun server which is 40% of the map rotation. (60 maps on the rotation in total)

Sorry if i'm seem like a pain in the ass about it, but it's what the stats tell me and the request of maps you guys are telling me to get rid off as well.

Side note, this looks really cool with all the maps actually there

d56ea059be4964b448e075b982752d39.jpg

P.S i sent a bunch of new map vote screens to our lord and savior @Lossy, so should be less of that missing map shit :')

AR51 deathrun is a good example of success decision, they had map rotation...and nobody ever complained, population was constant. 

Raid become very popular community, so I think that people will not avoid Raid for maps they don't like.

They will still connect to Raid Deathrun simply because it's Raid Deathrun.

I may be wrong tho :C

AR51 deathrun is a good example of success decision, they had map rotation...and nobody ever complained, population was constant. 

This did have problems, poorly made map rotation and long periods of the same rotation gets boring. 

I would say having 6 different map rotations would of be best or use darmuhs idea of having random maps in the vote.

i remember slaya saying some shit like if it was made so that a map couldn't get played until another 6 or so maps were played after or something, youll have to ask him again

for all i know it could have been said in here but im lazy and dont read it through properly