Lossy

Death Run server update topic

163 posts in this topic

So some of you keep nagging me about the death run server update. So here some things to clear up.

Firstly it's not going to be called Death Run 1.2 or Death run 1.3, it uses scripts from both versions as well as our own, but it will be called Raid Death Run.

When will the update be out?

Well at the moment some things aren't going how i expected to them to go which is causing delays day by day, I was hoping to it to be out around christmas week but delay again, then i was hoping it will be out today, but I've countered some problems with the customization menu that I'm trying to work out. I could bring it out now using the 1.1 menu's, but i feel it won't fit our menu design and look totally crap.

Why is it called "Raid Death Run"?

Simply because this won't be a public version nor will it ever be.

What's different in the "Raid Death Run" compared Death run 1.2?

Read below but the main update is the menu's, the current Death run 1.2 menu's are kinda buggy/broken for people who has a higher resolution and it didn't really give you much options available and required us to add a Hud element for more stuff.

I've simply re-designed every single menu(apart from the options menu and quick messages, they've been tweaked a little bit.) so that they aren't buggy nor broken

How can I get VIP or is there VIP?

Firstly you can gain VIP by donating raid money, we'll soon give out prices of donation packages once me, darmuh and ninja talk about it. Currently there is a VIP system within the current death run, but we feel as if it's not enough there for us to advertise it that much and because it's unfinished. Hopefully with the new update coming out, we'll be able to introduce more and better stuff, i'll give more information about this later.

Now to the change Log

[+] = Added
[-] = Removed
[C] = Changed
[F] = Fixed

[C] - Menu design
[C] - How much xp you gain now
[C] - Changed the hud elements on screen, there should be less space taken up and more space to see
[C] - Changed the display of xp appearing
[C] - Changed all free run messages to practice run messages
[C] - Added better vip options

[+] - Added 3 new weapons(tac45, asp and python)
[+] - Added 6 new characters(All players from bo2 zombies, sonic & eliza)
[+] - Added 70 levels
[+] - Gain xp when you move now
[+] - Added a welcome menu message
[+] - You get your weapon couple seconds into the round so people can't hurt the activator
[+] - Added a new vip menu

[-] - Removed point system (i plan on bringing this back for other stuff you can unlock :) )

Update 13/01/2014

Just some updates, the mod will be released very soon, not tonight unfortunately since I need to get hold off more images and fix some menu's/scripts D:

Also Braxi is going to finish off the advanced custom character customization for us only(from what she said to me) and because ninja want's it really badly. It's much better compared to the one you get with the source files and it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy less buggy as well. Here what it looks like so far - http://www.xfire.com/video/61bf37 But I'll probably add this as a later date until i decide what i want to do with it, how you unlock it and learn some stuff from it, so that if anything does mess up or becomes buggy i don't have to keep nagging braxi all the time X.X

I've also decided to remove prestige's and instead have 100 levels since prestiges is kinda useless for death run in my opinion and it will be much harder to level up as well! :D

Oh and in case you want to know what the new menu design will look like this http://www.xfire.com/video/619cf8 but of course more updated and less buggy, so you could say that was an alpha version :P

I'll make another post tomorrow to keep ya updated.

Update 22/01/2013

I've fixed all the last of menu bugs and problems now, so they're like 95% done.

I've also just finished off sorting out the new VIP stuff with the new VIP menu to make them work and work for VIPS only, now i just need to make the buttoms work as they're meant too. If you have any ideas of what else the VIPS should get feel free to post but not anything OP please.

VIP stuff

• Badge
  • Headicon
  • Melon Gun
  • Teddy Gun
  • Pet chicken
  • Teddy that floats in circles above your head
  • Flag pole on your back(maybe?)
  • Special Viewhands(need artist)
  • Special Spray
  • Dog model
  • Another model maybe?
  • Special trail

Videoooooo: http://www.xfire.com/video/61ce15

Update 28/02/2013

[C] - Re-made the whole options menu Click me to see!
[C] - Change some of the hud icons for weapons and characters - thanks beat
[C] - Changed the hud elements on screen at the bottom left so they're now closer together
[C] - Switch dog to wolf - thanks darmuh
[C] - Made vip trail fx a bit smaller(might help some fps problems with wooden pcs)

[+] - Added 1 new weapon(smart pistol from tital fall) - thanks beat
[+] - Added dog to characters menu
[+] - Added a welcome menu message
[+] - You get your weapon couple seconds into the round so people can't hurt the activator
[+] - Added a new vip menu
[+] - Added 1.2 voice easter egg
[+] - Added another easter egg :>
[+] - Added a newer version of saw with 2 more minigames and such...(it will come couple days after due to fixing some last things)
[+] - Added stats menu where you can see more stats, i plan on adding more to it, e.g how many hours/days etc.. you've played
Click me to see it!
[+] - Added more challenges(will come at later date, probably a week due to still adding more challenges which requires a lot of testing :P)
[+] - Added german language to the mod - thanks beat
[+] - Added error message to VIP's, so if you try to spawn VIP trail and you're dead, it won't spawn and it will let you know you have to be alive to use it. Click me to see it!
[+] - Added headicon to vip's now! - thanks beat

[F] - Hopefully fix majority of VIP problems
[F] - Fixed binding issues to third person, suicide etc..
[F] - Fixed some menu bugs(like things highlighting incorrectly.)

This list isn't finished, may be updated at anytime

Thanks for the update, I've been 'offline' for a few days but i'm back now :)

Okay That sound pree fucken sweet :3 im am now exited for this more than before Keep up dah good work sir Tac45<3

Never thought that much of stuff can be modified! You can make it look completely different from actual cod4?

Today we can see the arma 2 mod DAYZ has become so popular that the developer released a standalone version which is currently in alpha state, but still bought by so many people... if only braxi had considered trying to develop a standalone Death Run game that could be as successful.

That has been thought about before, but it won't follow though probably because of BraXi not working on deathrun anymore, and money wise.

BraXi originally did want to develop a deathrun standalone, but that later turned into PRAGMA. Since then, PRAGMA's production has been halted and braxi is now working on finishing up TISIG. In fact, she'll be hosting a new forum for TISIG in the near-ish future. ^.^

My guess is that Braxi.org isn't going to be brought back up? It was originally supposed to be staying up until the 30th of January guess BraXi just won't pay for something when a new forum will be created anyways. :p

My guess is that Braxi.org isn't going to be brought back up? It was originally supposed to be staying up until the 30th of January guess BraXi just won't pay for something when a new forum will be created anyways. :p

Nope.

Braxi.org will not be coming back up. The site went offline sooner than the 30th but other than that everything she said would happen has.

Will the prestiges allow you to unlock exclusive sprays or skins or something like that? It'd be a good motivation to keep playing and prestiging rather than just getting a new icon.

Gain xp when you move!?! Please explain.

Further you go in a map' date=' more xp you get

Will the prestiges allow you to unlock exclusive sprays or skins or something like that? It'd be a good motivation to keep playing and prestiging rather than just getting a new icon.

At the moment it's for player models and if you hit final prestige you get access to the final spray.

Will the character body part customization be added later on?

Remember it having some server crashing issues when testing it, could it be fixed?

Probably not simply because it spawns another model in front of you at a distance and it will be buggy as hell and the activator will be able to see it and you know the rest... but i could always add hats in the future

but the reason it's causing crashing issue's is because braxi never actually scripted it, she just did the parts she needed to, to make you guys think it was done. :P

Could you tell us how many prestige's there will be? (Not sure if you meant there's 30 prestige's or that was just the maximum level before you could prestige)

Also wouldn't it be easier (instead of making the weapons spawn a couple seconds after the round starts) if you made it that the round start time is longer (so the activator gets picked during the timer is counting down, instead of after. I'm not sure if it would take a lot of scripting or not but I think it would be a less buggy idea) But lets see how this pans out :)

Just some updates, the mod will be released very soon, not tonight unfortunately since I need to get hold off more images and fix some menu's/scripts D:

Also Braxi is going to finish off the advanced custom character customization for us only(from what she said to me) and because ninja want's it really badly. It's much better compared to the one you get with the source files and it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy less buggy as well. Here what it looks like so far - http://www.xfire.com/video/61bf37 But I'll probably add this as a later date until i decide what i want to do with it, how you unlock it and learn some stuff from it, so that if anything does mess up or becomes buggy i don't have to keep nagging braxi all the time X.X

I've also decided to remove prestige's and instead have 100 levels since prestiges is kinda useless for death run in my opinion and it will be much harder to level up as well! :D

Oh and in case you want to know what the new menu design will look like this http://www.xfire.com/video/619cf8 but of course more updated and less buggy, so you could say that was an alpha version :P

Just some updates' date=' the mod will be released very soon, not tonight unfortunately since I need to get hold off more images and fix some menu's/scripts D:

[/quote']

WOW, amazing can't wait. :yay:

eminem character at level 100 pls + Beat's Deagle

#BeatFanboiforlyfe

heu, as i've said before i was expecting much more from you but you've only showed menus so...

I'am laughing at that weirdo player rank info @menus. :dave:

heu' date=' as i've said before i was expecting much more from you but you've only showed menus so...

I'am laughing at that weirdo player rank info @menus. :dave:

[/quote']

because menu's is the main update, pretty much everything else we wanted is already on the server. What else you'd expect in death run =o?

1)New sort of unique models

2)New weapons

3)New unlockables

4)more challenges

5)more player settings options

6)New shop design&thi(unique)

7)new unique layout on screen

8)some new ideas about game play

9)New Perks

10)New abilities

Maybe more

:dave:

1)more information about this soon as it's still WIP

2)more information about this soon as it's still WIP

3)Like...?

4)The current ones are buggy and have still yet to fix them

5)Done ages ago ^^

6)I don't like hud menu's that much to be honest

7)What you mean by this...?

8)Like...?

9)Removed them because people think they don't suit it

10)abilities are perks same as above

1)Nub.

2)Nub.

3)Like in shop menu you can't buy something if you didn't reached at some certain rank,or some perks,challenges

4)What a nub (I thought you've fixed them @current dr but whatever i meant add new)

5)All i can see in menus is only 3-4 options in settings menu...

6)why? Who cares about that you have to make a shop with menu or gsc huds...

7)The round,time left huds

8)Think about it yourself it's not my mod...

9)so, how many "people" said that?

10)I'm nub.

3)shop menu isn't there anymore

4)I haven't touched them

5)you can toggle compass and full bright in quick menu, more settings isn't really needed

6)I've removed the shop altogether but I have an idea of what to add if i decide to bring it back

7)I've reduced the amount of huds that shows on your screen and made the ones left smaller, we pretty much made them smaller on the current version

8)It's not my mod either but personally I feel the maps makes the gamemode more interesting than the mod itself

9)pretty much everyone on the server and people not on the server