Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zack

Deathrun Map Idea's

9 posts in this topic

What's up guys, as you may know, I map for deathrun, or CoD4 in general, and I would like to know if you guys had any specific ideas or requests? I've sorta been wanting to get back into mapping, and make a second map, other then my map, inferno. If you do decide to be awesome and drop a map idea here, then I ask that you fill out the following here to the best if your ability:

Map Name(s):

Does it have ORIGINAL traps? If so, explain some:

Does the activator have any special way to get around?:

Where is the activator's box located? (above, beside, etc. in the map):

Extra Details?:

Thanks guys, this is basically a thread for any of the mappers who get stuck on thinking on an idea, and need some help. If one of the mappers decide to take an idea, make sure you post here to let people know.

Map Name(s): Circus

Does it have ORIGINAL traps? If so, explain some: Most are just variations on original traps...

Trapeze: Close to the end of the map in the air, once activated they will start to swing (Right to left).

Tight rope: Last trap before finishing the map, it will start to "wobble" (Like third trap on Amazon but in more of a circle type pattern instead of zig zags)

Bearded lady: A ladder type trap where you climb up her beard to reach the second section of the map. Either large lice models coming out and kill you on contact or the ladder vanishes and the beard falls down (New one "grows" in ten seconds)

Lion cage: A reasonable large cage that has lion models at each side of it. Once Activated, they will start to go around in a circle killing any player on contact (Middle = Safe). Could be replaced by dogs ^^

Fire Breathers: Basic fire trap but with the fire coming out of model's mouths

Does the activator have any special way to get around?: Not exactly...

Where is the activator's box located? (above, beside, etc. in the map): Beside, in the audience stands

Extra Details?: The jumpers will spawn outside of the circus tent with the Ticket booth having a bar blocking the way. Can open after a certain amount of time or when a player "pays for the ticket" (Presses use at the Ticket booth). The jumpers can now enter the tent. Not exactly sure on the order of grounds traps, but the lady's beard should be at the end of the ground floor level leading up to the last section. Last section will be consisted of trapeze trap as second and tight rope as last. Not fully sure what the first one should be, thinking about jugglers (On ground level) with balls going in a circle pattern pushing jumpers off the top of section two. The activator, which is in the stands, could have a ringmaster character model to make it more going with the theme ^^. Jumpers could have clown models as well (Such as how Flow had Duke Nukem models). As for the end rooms...

Bounce: Balls as the bounces with colorful circus like textures for them

Fire Breather: Room with the jumper and activator having the ability to shoot fire at each other (Such as end room in Ruinv2 with the Firewall option)

Ringmaster's act: No excuse that the jumpers make it to the end, have the jumper decide the activator's death ^^

-Squashed by elephant model

-Lion/dog pit

-Etc...

Old: You teleport to the staircase that leads up into the stands

Just a basic concept that could turn out amazing if done well

Look foreword to seeing if anyone is able to make a good circus map ^^

Also, as a little fun, if you make a decent one then you can use my picture (Change it to have red nose and clown make-up or anything else) and have it at spawn or entrance of tent

Good luck with my difficult idea :3

Edit: Would fit the theme if the trap triggers (Things that the activator activates :>) had models to go along with things that you would find in the audience stands. Such as popcorn bags, cotton candy, glow sticks, etc... ^^

Now that you explain this with more detail, I actually really like the sound of it. Seems pretty straight forward, sounds pretty challenging along the lines of the the clown model/bearded lady, but that's good :dave: Anyways, I'll give this a shot, I'll update here on the progress of it, or might just start a WIP thread, who knows. If anybody else has any ideas for that circus idea that Anti didn't cover feel free to just post em :3

I don't really like music in a map, but if all of this is based around a circus, then it would work quite well with some goofy music in the background :)

I don't really like music in a map, but if all of this is based around a circus, then it would work quite well with some goofy music in the background :)

Hmm...

Should be a bit more techno/hip-hop adaption of circus music

If I could listen to map music, know for a fact that old fashion circus music wouldn't be it

Modernized circus music (Bit more beats and drums) would also be great ^^

i can make my map play a song that will actually work :p but it would make my map be a big file size xD

i can make my map play a song that will actually work :P but it would make my map be a big file size xD

Gabe, this is why you get downvoted. It's an irrelevant post on a topic that you have no business being in. It sounds as though you're almost bragging, like "hey look at me, my map is going to be so much better lolz cuz it can play music leedle". Who cares? We'll enjoy the map with or without music, music has nothing to do on the playability/enjoyability(Not even real words lel) of the map. If you don't have anything POSITIVE to say about the post, it's not worth saying at all. Contribute to the topic, or give constructive criticism(not some BS like "oh lel gud jahb" becaues you want to raise your post count). Have REAL meaning to your posts and make sure they're on topic and contribute.

Also, this doesn't apply only to Gabe. This applies to ALL threads, and ALL posts. Before you post, think about whether or not it is post-worthy and if it is on topic.

Gabe, this is why you get downvoted. It's an irrelevant post on a topic that you have no business being in. It sounds as though you're almost bragging, like "hey look at me, my map is going to be so much better lolz cuz it can play music leedle". Who cares? We'll enjoy the map with or without music, music has nothing to do on the playability/enjoyability(Not even real words lel) of the map. If you don't have anything POSITIVE to say about the post, it's not worth saying at all. Contribute to the topic, or give constructive criticism(not some BS like "oh lel gud jahb" becaues you want to raise your post count). Have REAL meaning to your posts and make sure they're on topic and contribute.

Also, this doesn't apply only to Gabe. This applies to ALL threads, and ALL posts. Before you post, think about whether or not it is post-worthy and if it is on topic.

Finally someone who could explain this