Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lossy

Forums upgrade!

11 posts in this topic

So, as you might of notice, we've upgraded the forums to another software and the theme has changed, also somethings look better as well as new things introduced to the forums.

Here some answers to the questions you might ask.

Why did you change to a new software?

Well, as you may of notice, we've had big problems with MyBB and its theme's, in the end I decided to change over as the old one was just becoming too much of hassle to put up with, every time we tried to update it/change theme and such, it just became, more and more buggy. Where as IPB, it's less buggy and allows us to implant more and better stuff to the forums! Oh and it's more user friendly for you and us(specially if we're editing stuff!)

What took you so faking long to change over?

I didn't think MyBB would get worse :/

Does this mean everything from the last forum is lost? Like accounts and topics?

You didn't have to register again? Did you? I guess your account successfully transferred over to the new DB?

On a serious note, no, nothing lost apart from a couple private messages and a TOPIC and the emoticon/smilie images and other images so apart from that everything transferred over to the new DB fine.

So, yeah, everything should be fine(from what i can see!) but some forum settings still need tweaking and i still need to add/remove some stuff, so expect the odd visual changes over the next couple days.

But if you find any bugs within this theme, please let me know!!

I don't remember how the thing is called in IPB but it's something with updating/reloading the theme's images you should do, some of them aren't loading. (look at the header for example)

Also, different theme maybe? Standard IPB one is... meh.

Edit: Shoutbox is a blank page. :P

Shoutbox is working fine for me, can you take a picture please?

Shoutbox is working fine for me, can you take a picture please?

Not much to see, lol:

53205ebc68138.jpg

Edit: Only getting the image problem on Chrome, loads everything perfectly fine on Firefox.

is the shoutbox at the top of the forum working for you?(above topic title you'll see it)

EDIT: Woops, forgot to change the default theme, should work now! The stock IPB theme doesn't have the shoutbox installed on it :P

Also, please remove the shoutbox from EVERY page. It gets really annoying to scroll down everytime. If you could just leave it on the index page that'd be great.

Also, please remove the shoutbox from EVERY page. It gets really annoying to scroll down everytime. If you could just leave it on the index page that'd be great.

Done.

Noice Losseh i just learned to read so yeah :ph34r: wait a sec we dont have the staff thing next to our names if we are server admins :okey: