Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

Protest for the "filter"

FILTER PROTEST   25 members have voted

1. 1. Protest for the words filter at RAID website?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

Hello there!

As we know the famous "filter" on this website, which is or can be very annoying. So I suggest to have a small protest to remove some filter words if you agree with me.

If anyone can give me the filtered words, I can edit this post and put it here which one's are filtered. If we have a view which one is filtered we can protest to remove those filtered words. I will add also a poll for yes or no protest.

Best Regards,

Bosnian

they'll be removed when people stop judging each other english and grammar :troll:

they'll be removed when people stop judging each other english and grammar :troll:

They don't really avoid that, tbf. If I remember correctly, some of them also contained some Lossy-grammar. :troll:

They don't really avoid that, tbf. If I remember correctly, some of them also contained some Lossy-grammar. :troll:

It's not meant to avoid it, it's meant to show all the grammar nazi's what it's like you be corrected :troll:

I guess this protest against the filter is a personal problem :Troll:

Why are there quotation marks on the title?

Should probably add a filter to stop incorrect use of them.

:troll:

top I should say lol instead

Edit: killing myself

Well, since your vote has a much higher amount of yes than no's.. I have no choice but to allow you to protest.

After all, your vote is only asking people if they want to protest, not if they want the filter removed.

Sorry, should of double-checked before you started the poll :imtroll:

Well, since your vote has a much higher amount of yes than no's.. I have no choice but to allow you to protest.

After all, your vote is only asking people if they want to protest, not if they want the filter removed.

d34fc96f.gif

Leave it to bosnian to fuck this up :dave:

@ Could edit the thread and poll to insure that a troll doesn't bring dread expected out of reddit and ruin something that should (be, rhyme scheme at night is horrid) :troll:

Well.... 

Only.. IF I get Braxi's YES vote you would listen then maybe :dave: :troll:

But for all seriousness, it's not fair that you have not that filter or just have some words that you can type and we not. Actually maybe I have a idea.

Lossy said this, but I'm not sure if this is a troll or not, could be possible that's why its activated, what he said:

"It's not meant to avoid it, it's meant to show all the grammar nazi's what it's like you be corrected :troll: "

If we turn it now off for all members, and if they correct someone's grammar when the person it self knows he made a bad grammar then he/she get's 1/3 warnings for correcting someone, but if you don't understand at all what he's saying then you can try to correct, so there has to be balance some where.

But when a person fills those 3/3 warnings, he will get a filter activated permanently or for a long time, like a half year.

OR

Just delete some daily words that we use in the filter.

or learn to spell them correctly, at the moment the filter is giving everyone help :troll:

Well.... 

Only.. IF I get Braxi's YES vote you would listen then maybe :dave: :troll:

But for all seriousness, it's not fair that you have not that filter or just have some words that you can type and we not. Actually maybe I have a idea.

Lossy said this, but I'm not sure if this is a troll or not, could be possible that's why its activated, what he said:

"It's not meant to avoid it, it's meant to show all the grammar nazi's what it's like you be corrected  :troll: "

If we turn it now off for all members, and if they correct someone's grammar when the person it self knows he made a bad grammar then he/she get's 1/3 warnings for correcting someone, but if you don't understand at all what he's saying then you can try to correct, so there has to be balance some where.

But when a person fills those 3/3 warnings, he will get a filter activated permanently or for a long time, like a half year.

OR

I didn't set up the word filters, Lossy did :P

And as for you Lossy, even if you spell some stuff right it still corrects it. For example Jwofles posted a gif of him trying to say "U.K" and it correct to "You.K"

And as for you Lossy, even if you spell some stuff right it still corrects it. For example Jwofles posted a gif of him trying to say "U.K" and it correct to "You.K"

Then put UK instead :troll:

Personally like Bosnian's first idea

For each time you correct someone about being incorrect, you're incorrectly doing your correct job of a forum user and will receive 1/27th of a warn for being incorrect. Incorrectly correcting someone about being incorrect will result in 5/31th of a warn. Once you get an actual warn for doing what's incorrect and not correct, you'll get a correction period where it auto-corrects for you since you're too incorrect to be using words correctly on your own you mass of rotting dictionary feces

Or, could just remove single character and some words filter :troll:

Honestly, just get rid of them. BAD word filters were meant to filter BAD words, not spelling mistakes or internet slang.

Then put UK instead :troll:

hud = newClientHudElem( self );
hud.horzAlign = "center";
hud.vertAlign = "middle";
hud.alignX = "center";
hud.alignY = "middle";
hud.why = 32; // Lossy code
hud.label = "Lossy please..."; 

Nice.

Honestly, just get rid of them. BAD word filters were meant to filter BAD words, not spelling mistakes or internet slang.

Exactly, internet slang is bad for learning english :troll:

hud = newClientHudElem( self );
hud.alignX = "center";
hud.alignY = "middle";
hud.label = "Lossy please..."; 

Nice.

HA! NUB! THERE'S NO SCRIPTING FILTER SO I'LL SCRIPT NAZI YOU NOW!

precacheString(&"LOSSY PLEASE");

hud = newHudElem();
hud.alignX = "center";
hud.alignY = "middle";
hud.x = 320;
hud.y = 240;
hud SetText( &"LOSSY PLEASE" );
hud.color = (1,1,1);
hud.fontSize = 2;