Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WabbaJ@ck

Tutorial: How to import custom weapons [CFGFACTORY] to your deathrun map!

19 posts in this topic

This was requested by: Jumpy, Monster and some dudes in Skype. This is just to show how to import the weapons, because I've noticed a lot of people have been asking for it on Raid.

Step 1. Go to CFG Factory and download a weapon. I will be using the M1911 from Black Ops 2.

Once you downloaded the weapon, open it, copy all the folders (not the mod.csv) and paste them in your "raw" folder.

Step 2. Now go to your raw/maps folder and look for a csv that has your maps name. If there is no such csv file just make one in notepad++ and save it in the raw/maps folder. From the weapon file you downloaded, open the mod.csv, copy everything from there and paste it in your maps csv.

Step 3. In your maps IWD you need to have these folders (copy and paste them from the weapon folder you downloaded)

images

sound

materials

weapons

Step 4. In your maps .gsc you need to precache the weapon files:

Have this in your main thread:

PreCacheItem("weaponfilename"); 

//mine was
PreCacheItem("colt45_mp");// it replaces the default colt45

Step 5. When you're going to compile your map, update your zone file by copy and pasting everything from the mod.csv, then save and rebuild fastfile!

ENJOY!

AegW1KW.jpg

Be careful for what weapons you replace because you might end up replacing the mod weapons, like on raid we have a couple of modded weapons ;)

Be careful for what weapons you replace because you might end up replacing the mod weapons, like on raid we have a couple of modded weapons ;)

Thanks Lossy :D But the colt45 isn't modified in the Raid dr mod right? If it is I can replace it with something else.

Thanks Lossy :D But the colt45 isn't modified in the Raid dr mod right?

nope, but it's going to replace the default m1911. So I'd suggest to replace an assault rifle or an smg weaponfile if you're making it for deathrun

Thanks Lossy :D But the colt45 isn't modified in the Raid dr mod right? If it is I can replace it with something else.

No, but it's one of the unlocks for default dr.

You don't have to replace a weapon either you can just make it a new one all together.

Nice tut and that map looks cool af show me moarrr

No, but it's one of the unlocks for default dr.

I replaced it with m1014. Is that ok?

Moved your topic to the tutorials section instead of help section

You don't have to replace a weapon either you can just make it a new one all together.

So I can call it whatever I want?

Moved your topic to the tutorials section instead of help section

Sorry my bad :angryarnold:

I'm getting some shitty errors when compiling so I am going to reinstall the modtools, therefore remake the map :(

:angryarnold: :angryarnold: :angryarnold: :angryarnold: :angryarnold: :angryarnold:

And encounter "infinite downloading" bug after a map change if that's what you mean about being free to add weapons in a _map_.

And encounter "infinite downloading" bug after a map change if that's what you mean about being free to add weapons in a _map_.

You mean when a map too many custom weapon files you hit the max weapon limit? that infinite downloading bug happens when the weapons are in the map .iwd instead of the mod .iwd

I made a map called colortwist like 2 years ago, never finished it

use that name if you like lmao 

pepperridge farm remembers

You mean when a map too many custom weapon files you hit the max weapon limit? that infinite downloading bug happens when the weapons are in the map .iwd instead of the mod .iwd

I meant the second :dave:

K thanks m90