Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwofles

Raid Events?

30 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm JWofles.

Now, Raid is not dying and we're really active but I find myself realising how much time most members here waste sitting around just talking about what we want to play some days and why we don't want to play certain games etc.

As well as this, gathering together to play specific games is not only something that doesn't happen often, it's also exclusive to people on teamspeak limiting the people who populate our groups even more.

This is why I think, if we had community-wide events where we all assembled with each other, it would bring people together and bring more people into Raid (maybe) because due to the larger population while these events are going on, more people would want to join etc.

While we could have events where it's just like 'every Friday at 8:00GMT we all go on deathrun', we can do things like 'GTA at 10:00GMT on Saturday' or something where anyone is welcome to come in a special teamspeak channel where only people doing the event can speak (making sure people don't disturb the players). 

So, the events could be anything ranging to Raid servers, to multiplayer games, to cards against humanity, to tabletop simulator,  to curve fever, to anything else. These will introduce new people or people who don't come to teamspeak much to new people and we can play games we never play so we feel less guilty about spending money on them gta. And, it will make us more of a community instead of just a website and servers.

So yea, there's a suggestion because I feel like we will be more united and we will enjoy things more together and yea. 

Thanks for reading =)

tl;dr - events for raid like everyone on gta at a certain time on a day scheduled please c=

Could work out, could work for Cod4, CSGO, GTA etc.

Would be interesting to see what people think of this

CUSTOM MAP GTA RACES ON FRIDAYS!

you say that lossy but then you'll be like 'nah i cba to play' 

like always >.> 

like always >.> 

That's one of the things this will fix, if it's scheduled, then it will mean people will be ready and they see if they're free/say if they're attending ;)

CUSTOM MAP GTA RACES ON FRIDAYS!

Oh hey'll yes, i'd actually play GTA if this happens! Would be so fun 

like always >.> 

i like playing with a group of people and i've been wanting to do custom map gta races for awhile now :)

Yes please gta 5, I don't play it anymore because everyone else stopped playing it.  :unsure:

Anyways, I'd join aslong as they're past 6:30 pm ( UK time ) and on the weekends.

Also, i think it would be really cool and help out with this event thing if Raid has CS:GO servers?

Yh, this sounds like a great idea, CS:GO and COD 4 Events would be great and of course GTA for everyone else since my PC is a shit hole so can't run the game haha.

Anyways I would love to be a part of these events :D

Dunno, people will take tournaments too seriously.

Dunno, people will take tournaments too seriously.

We could have a weekly promod match.

I can't exactly think of what we're missing of the system but I've been following another Minecraft forum with an admin who's an old friend of mine. They have a calender which shows all the planned events for the following weeks and then people who take part get points which can be used to buy exclusive things on their server and I think even VIP as well. Obviously we can't straight out copy them but they use a good system and if we were to start events, we could take a leaf out of their book and do something similar unless somebody else has a better way to handle everything..

P.S a reward system would be good for future competitions, raffles and more (very beneficial).

P.P.S let's have a karaoke night as an event.

a CJ night :troll:

Not actually a bad idea :D I would definitely take part in it

Love majority of the ideas above :wub:

think Karaoke, Promod scrims, CJ races, GTA stuff and Zombies would be fun for us all :d

I would love the GTA V thing for Fridays but I have yet to purchase GTA V for PC...  :mellow:

Raid Karaoke, Sounds like a good idea in theory

People won't sing and everyone will make fun of others in practice :P

So for my Birthday (23rd December) I have decided that we are to all meet up in London and go to Nando's to celebrate. :dave:

So for my Birthday (23rd December) I have decided that we are to all meet up in London and go to Nando's to celebrate. :dave:

Booking the plane ticket now.

So for my Birthday (23rd December) I have decided that we are to all meet up in London and go to Nando's to celebrate.  :dave:

Alright bruv i'll come