Wraith

Ability unlock

38 posts in this topic

Yes my cod4 installation is not in default directory, and my modtools are in the same file, I DO have the modtools+ my bin directory, and this is the directory of my CoD4 Local Disk (E):/Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Mordern Warfare/... ( modtools have been extracted in this file)

Now instead of screaming at me! can u tell me now wat am i doing wrong.

Not to be rude but if you cannot install CoD4 SDK Mod Tools i gotta say mate ya gonna find it hard to understand the sources and even the sources are easy as fuck to understand and really require sluggish coding/scripting skills to begin with. If it puts you mind to easy download Teamveiwer and i might help you with "EVERYTHING".

Technically this post could be set as answer/closed as braxi has given you the scripts, am i blind or is the title ability unlock? if you require help with errors of such maybe make a title like cod4 mod tools not working, not fucking ability unlock. from the last few thread you posted they havn't been relevant to what the subject is or 10% of the title.

1. Installing the Mod Tools and scripting are two completely different things. Programming is easy for me but installing things like the Mod Tools is always the biggest mess as there is mostly not just a single .exe, hack the mod tools consists of multiple .zip files packed differently. So yes installing can be more complicated than scripting.

2. He is trying to get help on unlocking abilites by leveling up. So should we create a thread for each individual error that we can come accross or should we just use this thread instead... I agree that as he failed (at least twice) to install the mod tools that he should create a thread for that, but common if I get compile errors I would post it back here too. (Also I asked for it!)

3. BraXi did not give him the script, just a clue as to what he CAN do. As you probably know we are not going to write all those scripts anymore.

Yes my cod4 installation is not in default directory, and my modtools are in the same file, I DO have the modtools+ my bin directory, and this is the directory of my CoD4 Local Disk (E):/Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Mordern Warfare/... ( modtools have been extracted in this file)

Now instead of screaming at me! can u tell me now wat am i doing wrong.

Okay so let me explain:

1. I see, so verify that you can run this program: (E):/Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/bin/CoD4Radiant.exe if that runs without problems than your Mod Tools are fine. (aka the texures load properly, visible on the lower-right of the screen if running.)
  2. If that is really your Call of Duty directory than your Mods directory is completely wrong. Your screenshot shows it to be here: (E):/Activision/Mods/deathrun_dev instead it should be (E):/Activsion/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/Mods/deathrun_dev

Nope the CoD4Radiant won't run, it gives me this error GetLastError() = 3

and niether do any of the others...

So.......... my very modtools are corrupt??

Could try to redownload them from moddb and reinstall it in a clean cod4 directory, that's where i got them from atleast.

http://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare/downloads/mod-tools-sdk ( Modtools itself ( Version 1.0 ) )

http://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare/downloads/mod-tools-v11-patch ( And the 1.1 Patch, gotta drag the files over to your modtools directory after you installed version 1.0 )

Also, got that from CoDJumper.com after a google search:

"after that everything was fine i worked on map for like 6 hours then when i saved it and quit it, after that i could not open it at all
all i get is this error

FATAL ERROR: Couldn't load material '$default'
GetLastError() = 3
An reco......blah bla
Please help 
google was not good  i could not find anything

*FIXED*
i just needed to change this in preference
when i stop using load last project on open everything was just fine"

Source: http://www.codjumper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14153

...nope still can't make mod.ff

If it puts you mind to easy download Teamveiwer and i might help you with "EVERYTHING".

Since you can't do it yourself, you will need someone to help using remote control.

k sure,

well since xfire is down, do you have gameranger, so i can contact you when you are online

k sure,

well since xfire is down, do you have gameranger, so i can contact you when you are online

Now I do, and you know the name ;P

Okay so I helped him and the cause of the problems was a corrupted:

mp/abilityTable.csv

Alright, will close this topic then. If you want me to reopen it pm me

// ty for helping //