Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LeCookie

Raid

35 posts in this topic

Hello there! Every time i join a new server i love to know more about it and great stories about it, Or more like comparing to other servers and how it was found and is there any goals for Raid ? That's all :)

Raid was found by me, @Darmuh & @NinJa. Didn't expect it to get anywhere and I mainly seen it as a place to start learning how to mod and shit.

Raid was found by me, @Darmuh & @NinJa. Didn't expect it to get anywhere and I mainly seen it as a place to start learning how to mod and shit.

Sorry about bumping this topic but I wanted to ask, If Raid started with you three, why isn't NinJa under the Founders group?

Sorry about bumping this topic but I wanted to ask, If Raid started with you three, why isn't NinJa under the Founders group?

Personal reasons; not lasting long, promoting Cat to SM when me and darmuh didn't really agree on it, trying to give cat CM when we didn't agree to it at all, the way he left which pretty much ended up him saying "i hope you guys fail and fuck the rest of you", when he tried to come back he wanted full power back and more... meh can see for yourself http://raid-gaming.net/forums/topic/147-im-outta-here/?p=1485 most of things that was said was said between me and him in a private conversation.

But month or two he decided to add me on steam and apolopgise and left it at that.

tl;dr i feel he doesn't derserve the rank because of a lot of reasons

EDIT%"*%": don't ask me why nubby braxi and thomas are in the group i didn't put them there.

I'm 100% certain I had add him to the founders group. I had him do this because without @NinJa, raid wouldn't be here. @Lossy holds on to a petty grudge I wasn't here to be a part of. And forgets @NinJa's true role in all of this.

Furthermore, @Lossy doesn't remember that before I even asked him to help/join me with this whole raid thing, it was just @NinJa and I. @NinJa was one of the few guys from all the past clans and shit i'd been through who still wanted to be a part of what I was doing. He fronted the server costs, on his own from his own pocket. I can never thank him enough and he'll always have my respect.

It wasn't just money, he believed in raid more than I did. I had never expected raid to get so far. He was the only one who felt we had a real chance. So what he got bored of cod4, eventually I did too. He pushed raid from being entirely dependent on his income to becoming a self-sustaining server. Of course this is more thanks to @Lossy's work than his decisions. Still, @NinJa has never done any harm to raid.

Thomas ended up becoming a great CM on top of the many things he developed as a SM that mikey does today. Thomas became a great help in finding decisions on the server as me and @Lossy usually agreed with eachother too much. And as a result we would go too far (in my opinion).

As for @NinJa's decision with cat, I'm not entirely sure what he was thinking but i'm sure he was just looking out for the servers despite what @Lossy may think. Cat was and always has been a respectable kid. Unfortunately he's also been a busy one with both honor's classes and extracurricular activities. He's never had the time that guys like @Lossy and I have to really work on things, which is most likely why he's no longer an SM.

I feel at this point i'm just ranting, but @Lossy's post left a somewhat bad impression on @NinJa and I feel obligated to tell the other side of the story.

As for the history of raid, you can pick up bits and pieces of it through the forums as well as youtube videos dating back to 2013. If you'd like a synopsis, here's my story.

>Am part of 7'sR. Co-leading with wingzor/dobbin (@Lossy and @NinJa are admins there)
>Try to merge 7'sR with Rv as they are our competition and am friends with many of their server admins
>Merge fails, I leave 7'sR
>Most of 7'sR hates me beside a small faction (@Lossy/@NinJa/two/etc.) and honestly I don't blame them
>Join Rv
>Leader of Rv never gives me access to the server
>get tired of having to go through him to change things
>Meanwhile 7'sR has fallen apart basically, @NinJa started his own clan called Golden(?)
>I leave Rv. Golden(?) isn't doing too hot
>@NinJa asks me if I want to start my own server, says he'll pay for the startup costs
>Idea of Raid forms off the idea of LukServers, which I (and wingzor) was an admin of during 7'sR. Can't remember how we thought of the name
>Ask @Lossy to join me in founding raid, make him an admin regardless of his answer
>At first, I solely managed the servers so you can imagine it was hell.
>Later on (very early for raid's history though), @Lossy starts doing more and more. And becomes annoyed with my sloppy work.
>I decide rather than get in his way I'll let him work on things so he doesn't have to look for & fix my mistakes.

After this, most of raid's history is common knowledge. I also was not the most active member. I feel leaving the work to @Lossy was a mistake on my end, as it left me nothing but boring shit to do. However at the time I just felt I was in his way. With hindsight however I know that's sort of stupid to say.

@NinJa ended up being the first CM to leave, as shown in @Lossy's post. There was no founders group when he left, and for a while we were uncertain if the servers would remain in the first place. So we never had planned to make a founders group. At that time, CM meant you were basically a founder.  @Lossy saved the day with his own custom raid version of deathrun including VIP, so in the end we didn't have to worry about server costs. Before I stepped down from raid, I decided to make a founders group. As there were no founders left in the CM group. That and because I felt at the very least we deserved to be distinguished from retired admins and all. Maybe that's selfish of me, but I just didn't feel right being in the same group as :gaybe: :troll:

Anyway, rant over.

tl;dr - @NinJa deserves the founder title more than anyone else here.

EDIT: Just to clarify, nothing lossy said was wrong. He did leave, he did want to come back, but ultimately he didn't because he lost interest in cod4 and there was no reason for him to be back.

mod came out over a month before he had his hissy fit and left

yes im still annoyed about what he said

inb4 new group is added 'retired founders' :troll:

But by Darmuh's response ninja did do a lot for Raid i believe, and he was a nice guy - even if he lost it and had a hissy fit at @@Lossy or the rest of raid. Plus, he still is a founder of Raid, meaning he deserves the title no matter, even @@Darmuh left raid as he lost interest in cod4 but we still see him as a huge part of raid, i believe ninja is the same ALTHOUGH he doesnt still show his care like Darmuh would, e.g. not active on forums / interacts with our community.

Anyways, this topic isnt about Ninja really, it's about Raid and Lossy covered it :xd:

Personal reasons; not lasting long, promoting Cat to SM when me and darmuh didn't really agree on it, trying to give cat CM when we didn't agree to it at all, the way he left which pretty much ended up him saying "i hope you guys fail and fuck the rest of you", when he tried to come back he wanted full power back and more... meh can see for yourself http://raid-gaming.net/forums/topic/147-im-outta-here/?p=1485 most of things that was said was said between me and him in a private conversation.

But month or two he decided to add me on steam and apolopgise and left it at that.

tl;dr i feel he doesn't derserve the rank because of a lot of reasons

EDIT%"*%": don't ask me why nubby braxi and thomas are in the group i didn't put them there.

So, since there's been quite a bit of confusion, let me clear a few things up here, and say a little bit about my side of the story. This is not here to start a debate, simply state another side of the story, since I feel as if Lossy portrays me and my skills pretty poorly. 

When NinJa was beginning his departure from CoD4 and Raid, we had a few conversations over steam and got along quite nicely, and became good friends. He told me of his decision to depart from raid, but nothing of how he wanted me to take his place. That was a surprise to me as well. His request was for me to become a Community Manager, which never happened, obviously, as the other CM's at the time didn't feel as if I was ready for the job, which I agree with. As @Darmuh stated earlier, I was too busy with schoolwork, baseball, and other extracurricular activities. I had no experience for the job either, I was really only good with server-side stuff, and even then, only CoD4, Minecraft, and Teamspeak stuff. I had no idea how to run webservers or anything else. But yet again, all we ran at Raid was CoD4, Minecraft, and teamspeak, so I could easily help manage server-side stuff. I was easily capable, and had the knowledge to do it. I couldn't help much with development of the servers, but I could help with maintenance and upkeep. Surprisingly, I was kept on as a Server Manager, probably to NinJa's consistent nagging of Darmuh and Lossy to put me in a higher position of power than my current admin status. Upon receiving server manager, I was never given access to the dedicated server itself. I would ask a couple times, but I never actually received it. I had echelon access, but that was about the most access I ever received. I was basically a Lead Admin with the Server Manager label. However, when Darmuh, Lossy, Thomas, and BraXi all decided to step down, came into the picture and took over Raid. I myself was in the running for the CM job, but I'm glad I didn't end up going through with it anyways, since Troll has done a much better job than I ever could have. However, Troll was the first to give me access to the dedicated server, as we planned to go into CS:GO and asked me to setup a server for testing, since I now knew how to setup CSGO servers and setup mods on them. I received the access, but however did absolutely nothing with it, as grades were dropping and I desperately had to get them back up to standards. Everything in my current life sorta fell apart at once, and you can ask @Anti about how many times he messaged me on xfire or steam asking how I was, only to get a short response about how I'm not doing well and am unable to talk since I was studying. (On a side note, I do miss those conversations :wub:) With everything else going on, both academically and even more personally, I had no time to work on the servers, and ultimately was moved to the "Retired" admins group by Troll without any warning. I messaged him immediately and asked why I had lost it, and he replied with how I had not done any "Server managing" despite being a server manager. So, with a little bit of begging I received it back, but it was short-lived as I still did nothing and quickly lost my status again.

So, basically, that's the story of how I got SM from @NinJa, and then lost it. I never really used my opportunity to show that I could work well as a server manager, but I am easily capable of doing so, despite Lossy's concrete mindset that I am useless when it comes to servers.

You was given access to dedi but thomas messed up on the permissions and none of us bothered to fix it and that was our fault.

Anyway i do have a mindset that you're useless since you didn't really do much for your own clan FISH where as other SM's has done more than you, even beat has without dedi access, i didn't need some one to maintain the server and keep it up since i was online 24/7 to make sure of that. I needed some one to help me on the deathrun mod which beat can do and you can't because you have little knowledge of GSC, porting models and other stuff. If i'm wrong about that then I have yet to see you show it.

As I've always said, i have no tasks to give you because I don't know what you could do and since your own clan was failing because you never did much to it, it makes me believe you're useless as a SM.

If i remember correctly when ninja left he gave you CM but it was removed quickly and so was his own powers and everything was changed from server rcon passwords to email passwords and new paypal account with old paypal money transfered over to new one.

Guys please ;_; all the guy wanted to know was interesting stories about raid. Please, please, do not turn this in to a fight between who did and didn't do what and such. 

Now, I have a story about raid that you may find interesting.

I was the first person on these forums to create an introduction topic C:

a872f58ef7fa7f8a226aa17d18a7b9e6.png

Ignore the bottom one, it's a fake :<

An interesting thing about me on the forums:

I am the 69th user huehue

Interesting things about me on the forums:

1. I've still yet to reach 500 posts, so i can't change member title.. :c

2. I'm the 7th user, suck it sentrex huehue

3. I still give lossy steam cards :/

4. I haven't changed my avatar since 25th december 2013.

I was the first person on these forums to create an introduction topic C:

a872f58ef7fa7f8a226aa17d18a7b9e6.png

Ignore the bottom one, it's a fake :<

I was the first one to make an interesting introduction :troll:

Fun facts:

• This is the oldest video I ever recorded on raid that is on youtube. (Published on Sep 9, 2013)

• I had to record this video to show people how to apply for admin because so many people would post asking how.

• Cat used to play single-player games in the teamspeak so I made fun of him for it

(you also see just how shit our population used to be in this video xD)

• This video was made in response to someone who commented on one of my older commentaries saying that removing freerun was selfish and that no one wanted it. Even though our server was at the height of it's population in NA xD

• I made mp_dr_twitch almost entirely while streaming (finished it off stream). Here's one of the videos resulting in that.

(You can see the full-length making of each part here -> http://www.twitch.tv/darmuh/profile)

• This is one of my most popular deathrun videos and it shows me abusing my admin powers.

There's more obviously, but I'm pretty sure there's a limit to how many of my videos I can put in one post :davesir:

Thanks for the responces guys, sorry if it caused any fighting I had just wondered why and such but its all cleared up now!  :)

Thanks for the responces guys, sorry if it caused any fighting I had just wondered why and such but its all cleared up now!  :)

Don't worry I think your question was a very valid one and hardly caused any real trouble.

It just shows you we're all real people and raid didn't just pop out of the blue. It's got a history to it, both the good and the bad.

Never be afraid to ask :davesir:

Fun facts:

• This is the oldest video I ever recorded on raid that is on youtube. (Published on Sep 9, 2013)

• I had to record this video to show people how to apply for admin because so many people would post asking how.

• Cat used to play single-player games in the teamspeak so I made fun of him for it

(you also see just how shit our population used to be in this video xD)

• This video was made in response to someone who commented on one of my older commentaries saying that removing freerun was selfish and that no one wanted it. Even though our server was at the height of it's population in NA xD

• I made mp_dr_twitch almost entirely while streaming (finished it off stream). Here's one of the videos resulting in that.

(You can see the full-length making of each part here -> http://www.twitch.tv/darmuh/profile)

• This is one of my most popular deathrun videos and it shows me abusing my admin powers.

There's more obviously, but I'm pretty sure there's a limit to how many of my videos I can put in one post :davesir:

Thank you so much darmuh <3 That's exactly what i was talking about, that was hilarious i can't believe i watched every single video to the end, Besides the mapping one to be honest, it was confusing ..... And the cat playing Dead space intro is the best you should use that more.. Memories are always awesome to enjoy later on..

Don't worry I think your question was a very valid one and hardly caused any real trouble.

It just shows you we're all real people and raid didn't just pop out of the blue. It's got a history to it, both the good and the bad.

...and me, the lazy kent who teached @Lossy how to customize mod :davesir:

.. and fixed dedi, when he broke it

... multiple times ...

:dumb:

...and me, the lazy kent who teached @Lossy how to customize mod :davesir:

.. and fixed dedi, when he broke it

... multiple times ...

:dumb:

braxi pls i thought i was lazy but ur on a whole new lvl of lazy

*ahem*