Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Speedex

mp_dr_cliffside

25 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Sketched this map when I was bored yesterday, decided to make it in radiant and it didnt look that bad so I continued making it. If you wondered what happened to my other wip map, I trashed it because I didn't know how to finish it :/

Some screens:

http://gyazo.com/90b1ba053f2f888af38d018b94c5e556

http://gyazo.com/378e412f3039616cda1fe0a10f852888

http://gyazo.com/5648721b61f7f10b2f0c07f2187543a0

http://gyazo.com/9d74c5a0ad09a5b5057c11f9735412fd

As always, suggestions and improvements are welcome!

-Speedex

Looks like a good work in progress, keep us updated as you go mate n good luck with it :D

I really like it, looks unique

You are now in my favorite mapper list :)  

DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM the details are real :dave:

Anyways, the details are great and looks very nice :) Keep up the good work! if you want any help I am glad to help you out, I learned my mistakes at mapping and know what to do, thanks to this community :)

Well first what Waffles said, more rocks xD. Second is, add xmodels to the sides where you can't reach and add prefrabs where you can reach so that it looks more realistic. Also the walls you can blend it, make it littleeee more dirty.

I got already a freaking nice idea with this map :dave:, you should have 2 levels in this map and that is this -------> When you finish the first level you will see a black large path and you need to open it orrr teleport it trough the second level and it's snowing there xD. Just like in the map Apocalypse (wow long time ago that I played that map).

I hope this is a good idea :)

Looks really good

Good job on the mapping

Hope we can play it soon  ;)

Like previously stated, I like the alpha blending and the texture selection.

I feel like the map kind of looks like its set in the early morning, so some cool mist coming off the water and rising into the map a little bit, as well as a slight breeze ambient sound, and maybe some effects coming off of the trees that look like leaves are falling.

I know it looks peaceful and all, but being on a cliff side, to me atleast, would feel extremely dangerous. How about a trap that makes the floor crumble below you and then you plummet to your death? :D

Like previously stated, I like the alpha blending and the texture selection.

I feel like the map kind of look like its set in the early morning, so some cool mist coming off the water and rising into the map a little bit, as well as a slight breeze ambient sound, and maybe some effects coming off of the trees that look like leaves are falling.

I know it looks peaceful and all, but being on a cliff side, to me atleast, would feel extremely dangerous. How about a trap that makes the floor crumble below you and then you plummet to your death? :D

I like the ideas of the mist coming of the water and the breezing sounds! And a trap that makes people plummet to their death is already in the map. (trap1)

DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM the details are real :dave:

Anyways, the details are great and looks very nice :) Keep up the good work! if you want any help I am glad to help you out, I learned my mistakes at mapping and know what to do, thanks to this community :)

Well first what Waffles said, more rocks xD. Second is, add xmodels to the sides where you can't reach and add prefrabs where you can reach so that it looks more realistic. Also the walls you can blend it, make it littleeee more dirty.

I got already a freaking nice idea with this map :dave:, you should have 2 levels in this map and that is this -------> When you finish the first level you will see a black large path and you need to open it orrr teleport it trough the second level and it's snowing there xD. Just like in the map Apocalypse (wow long time ago that I played that map).

I hope this is a good idea :)

I already was considering a second island (not as big as the first one). I also like idea to make the second island winter themed but Im not sure if I gonna add that.

And yes I will add more rocks to the map! ;-;

-Speedex

if you're putting rocks where the fence is, make the fence broken because fences don't through rocks and, for the second image, either don't make the edge of that a vertical side or add more foilage and bushes to cover up.

Other than that everything is perfect, when I give two criticisms, that means there is nothing else wrong with you map- it's great. Just wanted to make sure in case anyone thinks I'm a dick :dave: 

Eh, don't worry actually, just add foilage at the bottom but don't forget to alpha blend grass and dirt onto it c:

Is that rope a custom texture?

Kinda looks like a stretched wooden texture

Ye its a wooden texture

There's like some carpet texture that looks okay as a rope but you should make a custom texture :P

Not bad at all. I like it. Though a few more polygons would make it look a lot better.

The 3 Trap i think this with the panzer. Where the panzer shot.  There is no time to pass this part, you must crawl there to pass this part, and after a time there come move or you will get spectator, and if you crawl the smoke at this fx place drop the fps to 7 or 10, andall is laggy. Let Jumpers more time to pass it.

At 1 Trap if a part of the bridge fall down, the players dontdie , they first die if they jump out of bridge.

The 3 Trap i think this with the panzer. Where the panzer shot.  There is no time to pass this part, you must crawl there to pass this part, and after a time there come move or you will get spectator, and if you crawl the smoke at this fx place drop the fps to 7 or 10, andall is laggy. Let Jumpers more time to pass it.

At 1 Trap if a part of the bridge fall down, the players dontdie , they first die if they jump out of bridge.

Fixed both bugs, gonna upload it to modb this afternoon! Thanks for reporting it.