Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darmuh

Editing map scripts >:) Where should I start?

39 posts in this topic

Yes, Lossy. I never said specific languages :)

but you wouldn't even be able to spawn things in the map like that with GSC

Nice idea, will you share your fixes?

Suggestion: Maps without old, make one of the rooms teleport jumpers to acti room. Randomize tele exit location to avoid the acti camping at one spot and spamming the axe

If you start editing someone's map you should speak to the creator, since they may be fixing it in an updated version, and for the respect to the maker.

Well, the mapper did release the map. I don't think asking the mapper would be any different. I would just continue to do it, if they don't like being helped out by fixing some scripts, well, so be it. 

mp_dr_headdy pls...

Huehe  :D  :D

PS (It's a joke...)

If you start editing someone's map you should speak to the creator, since they may be fixing it in an updated version, and for the respect to the maker.

As zack said it's pointless to ask the mapper. It is released, publicly. I'm not changing credits, i'm improving their traps for our server. We do this already when it comes to secrets/shortcuts or map related bugs.

EDIT: And yes i'll likely edit your maps in the future. Deal with it.

As zack said it's pointless to ask the mapper. It is released, publicly. I'm not changing credits, i'm improving their traps for our server. We do this already when it comes to secrets/shortcuts or map related bugs.

EDIT: And yes i'll likely edit your maps in the future. Deal with it.

With my good old pal Lossy, you will get no where near my maps faggot.

should addtriggertolist for Framey and diehard !

because we don't get xp when we acti !

should addtriggertolist for Framey and diehard !

because we don't get xp when we acti !

of course! This wont be something I will do very fast so dont expect it next week but i will be working on fixing map scripts when i have free time.

Also, as you've removed the secret in ALL of the maps, why the hell isn't the one from your own map, Darmuhv2 not removed? 

Also, as you've removed the secret in ALL of the maps, why the hell isn't the one from your own map, Darmuhv2 not removed? 

cat pls, lossy removed most if not all of the secrets that were removed from only a handful of maps (not every map obviously) due to them giving unfair advantages to the jumpers. Our objective has and never will be to remove secrets out of the mod as it's pointless, we only wish to take away anything that is detrimental to the mod. Darmuhv2's secrets do allow players to skip but not by much. A player can run the regular map just as fast. I've not removed the secrets because I told lossy I would not touch darmuhv2 ever again.

Lossy would remove the scripts if he wanted, but he's very close to finished with a darmuh_snow to replace darmuhv2.

Please don't derail my topic, this is not about secrets this is about making traps better.