Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skorpiik

Unusual Problem with Custom Textures

14 posts in this topic

Hello, I recently wanted to start making a map with a lot of custom textures, but the way i was always importing custom textures for some reason stopped working. Textures i imported in past work but textures i wanna import now don't.

I have so many ideas for a nice map and I can't realize them. Would be so much appreciative if someone tried to help!

That's the way i was always doing it. It used to work now it doesn't. I even tried reinstalling radiant, but that only made things worse.

Can you go into detail on how it doesn't work. Maybe you just need to go through the steps again carefully as you may be missing something/doing it wrong

Can you go into detail on how it doesn't work. Maybe you just need to go through the steps again carefully as you may be missing something/doing it wrong

Well, the texture I import does appear in radiant, then when i compile the map I can see that the texture is there on it's place in the compile reflections procces. But then it does not appear in game. I tried reimporting it over and over so many times, that it makes me think there's a problem with my computer.

Well, the texture I import does appear in radiant, then when i compile the map I can see that the texture is there on it's place in the compile reflections procces. But then it does not appear in game. I tried reimporting it over and over so many times, that it makes me think there's a problem with my computer.

If the textures are showing up white in game, you need to go to raw/images and then grab the .IWI for each of your custom textures. Then copy those .IWIs into a folder called images in your .IWD file (should be in the map folder under usermaps with the .ff).

GKKfUo7.png

If the textures are showing up white in game, you need to go to raw/images and then grab the .IWI for each of your custom textures. Then copy those .IWIs into a folder called images in your .IWD file (should be in the map folder under usermaps with the .ff).

GKKfUo7.png

GKKfUo7.png

I have done all that and i"m 100% sure i did it correctly. Just to mention I'm not new to mapping, i made quite long CodJumper map mp_territory that does use custom textures that are working just fine. Now when I'm trying to get back to mapping the way i was always importing textures doesn't work.

I have done all that and i"m 100% sure i did it correctly. Just to mention I'm not new to mapping, i made quite long CodJumper map mp_territory that does use custom textures that are working just fine. Now when I'm trying to get back to mapping the way i was always importing textures doesn't work.

Does the texture show up white in game?

Does the texture show up white in game?

It is white when I run the selected map, but it's not white when i compile reflections.

It is white when I run the selected map, but it's not white when i compile reflections.

As a quick fix, you could try adding the .IWIs to the mod's .IWD (the mod that you test your map with).

As a quick fix, you could try adding the .IWIs to the mod's .IWD (the mod that you test your map with).

That didn't fix it. I was thinking if some of the important mod tools files could have been corrupted when I updated to win 8.1 from win 8.0

Something like this happened to me the other day. Try take the .IWD from another map and rename it and put your textures in there.  For some reason when I create a .IWD myself it doesn't work.

Something like this happened to me the other day. Try take the .IWD from another map and rename it and put your textures in there.  For some reason when I create a .IWD myself it doesn't work.

It's fixed, thank you so much! Been looking for a way of fixing it for months. Thanks!